Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Looks good! Can't wait to see it without the wrap! Thanks for the pics!
Sponsored

Realdealryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, TSX
Wow, some aero stuff on the roof, too. Looking forward to buying one.

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
Why are some people calling this the Type R sedan and not hatchback?
Even Motor Trend is confused.

To my eye, it looks closer to a three box design than a two. Regardless, from Wikipedia - A vehicle with four passenger doors and a liftgate at the rear can be called a four-door hatchback, five-door hatchback, four-door hatchback sedan, or five-door sedan.

ozzymir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Is it just Poland that doesn't have full LED headlights yet? I know there are plenty of cars with LED lights running around in Germany.
I don't know the details, just remember reading something about it 1-2 years ago. The rules are strict and perhaps the headlights of Honda/Acura do not fit. But then gain, the regulations change.
The current Type-R here in Europe has only partial LED headlights (missing high beam) -> I guess it would have the jewel led lights if it was possible.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
That center tail pipe better be smaller just for testing purposes. This thing will look wacky with different sized exhaust tips.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
That center tail pipe better be smaller just for testing purposes. This thing will look wacky with different sized exhaust tips.
Since it's taken the look from the Ferrari 458 Italia, perhaps it is using the same principle of operation. At lower speeds/throttle, only the center pipe is open, allowing for quiet crusing; at higher speeds/throttle, the center pipe closes and the outer two pipes open allowing for the type of performance music you'd expect.

Honda Civic 10th gen First look at 2017 Civic Type R Hatchback Prototype! Spy pics 6133831862_5d27c42b2c

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
In another thread there's under car pics of the CTR 3 outlet exhaust. The two larger outer tips have mufflers, the center tip is without a muffler. Seems the center tip is part of a muffler bypass which could be used to increase the exhaust tone.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Wish they would tone down the "boy racer" wing.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
Very cool admin didn't know you had PS skills. Gotta say it looks pretty naked without that wing. It needs at least a spoiler of some sort.

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Even Motor Trend is confused.

To my eye, it looks closer to a three box design than a two. Regardless, from Wikipedia - A vehicle with four passenger doors and a liftgate at the rear can be called a four-door hatchback, five-door hatchback, four-door hatchback sedan, or five-door sedan.
Well that's confusing. Can't we just stick to hatchback being 5 door and sedan being 4.

Also looks like Motortrend fixed it.

"EDIT: An earlier version of this story called this model a Type R sedan. Our bad."

I guess the non traditional hatchback shape is throwing a lot of people off.
Sponsored