Honda Civic 10th gen [FIRST LOOK] ACURA RLX at Honda akCwVe0

Honda Civic 10th gen [FIRST LOOK] ACURA RLX at Honda ytYg32y

Last edited:

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
The tail lights look like they belong on Marty McFly's DeLorean in Back to the Future :)

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have never seen an RLX driven on the street in real life. I have only seen them in the dealership and online. I'm surprised they haven't killed this car off due to lack of sales.

OP
OP
213NSX

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
I have never seen an RLX driven on the street in real life. I have only seen them in the dealership and online. I'm surprised they haven't killed this car off due to lack of sales.
They wouldn't kill the flagship, and the RL's sold better than expected, there are some behind the scenes reasons for the RLX not being sold (almost at all), and I had one for a few weeks, it was freaking dope. I really want one of these new RLX's they are so saucey.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
For anyone who thinks the '18 Accord is ugly, here's your sign.

Too bad this thing doesn't sell for shit. Everybody wants Merc, BMW, and Audi and pay $5,000 down just to lease them. :dunno:

64 in July. How is Acura still in business??

sales.jpg
Acura is just about toast from the looks of it. Basically only selling SUV's, but that is the epidemic across all brands these days. How can you build a mass appeal sedan when when the masses want SUV's, impossible. But that isn't the only conundrum auto makers are facing, there are four major trends on their horizon they are spending R & D dollars on besides trying to make a boutique sedan for the few buyers left. Connectivity, autonomy, EV and ride share are the largest blips on the radar.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
For anyone who thinks the '18 Accord is ugly, here's your sign.

Too bad this thing doesn't sell for shit. Everybody wants Merc, BMW, and Audi and pay $5,000 down just to lease them. :dunno:

64 in July. How is Acura still in business??

sales.jpg
They should either pump it up to a full size extra thing like the LS, 7 series, A8 or just kill it.

The TLX has the V6 already. The RLX is not that bigger nor faster. It is just confusing. I never get what are they doing with the RLX. It is always this half-ass attempt.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
I really think this is it for the RLX. If it doesn't sell these next 2 years then it's gone.

Also, the 10th Civic is killing ILX sales, just like the 10th Accord will kill TLX sales.

Acura may be gone in 5 years time. Pretty sad considering they did have some nice vehicles way back when. Now, there is only the MDX.
Actually it would be tragic if Acura were to fail because the extra profits they make from selling halo cars goes to R & D to develop advancements that end up in Honda's to make them better.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My best advice for acura... Develop a small CUV based on the HRV. Drop the RLX after it's run is over. That leaves the TLX and ILX as the only remaining sedans which, come time for their respective upgrades to the new platform/new engines they need to pull out all the stops to up their performance cred to match audi/bmw/merc... concentrate on their SUV/CUV sales until gas inevitably goes sky high again in the future and people start buying sedans again.

However, i have almost no love for acura... i wouldn't mind seeing them dissolved and integrate the NSX back into the honda brand... they could even continue to develop an upper tier sedan and CUV option that would sit above the accord and Pilot which could serve as luxury-esque offers to compete directly with the Genesis/Kia luxury-esque models. The only reason Acura exists is because way back when honda was just getting its start in the USA people couldnt fathom a luxury car produced by a company like honda. Times have changed and Honda is a respected brand and i believe could still offer higher priced models under the honda name that would sell.
Sponsored