Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Some good pics, impressions, and a hint at the price from the press launch. Full driving reviews are still embargoed for now.

The base model (2016 Civic EX) will start within $200 of the 2015 EX model.

Honda Civic 10th gen First look 2016 Civic review and price details from press launch civic1

2016 Honda Civic a wake up call for world-compact-car segment

American Honda's roll out of the 2016 world-compact-platformed Honda Civic may be perceived as a warning shot fired across the bow of U.S. and world automotive manufacturing, It's that good. A ‘wake up call’ for all manufacturers participating in automotive's largest car segment.

While attending a very well orchestrated fastrack 2 day national press presentation of Honda's next success story, the totally redesigned 2016 Civic was referred to be presenting engineers as a direct assault on the European-sport-compact segment, that it is!

The introduction of 2016 Civic continues the wild market trajectory that is the reinvention of the entire Honda car and light truck lineup.

Honda targets Audi and BMW compact sedan entries in this rather competitive, slow sales growth segment, while taking a well calculated proverbial swing at an annual million+ unit, U.S. compact car segment. With what is unquestionably the most exciting Civic entry to come down the assembly line in decades, we look to 2016 Civic to bring euro-auto-fans to the the Big “H.”

2016 Civic will redefine not only the Honda brand name, but how drivers worldwide of all age and financial demographics perceive Civic, and the near future of the compact car segment.

Honda Civic 10th gen First look 2016 Civic review and price details from press launch civic2

What you see is what you get with Civic

There's nothing visually misleading in Honda's dynamic 2016 Civic. Body, wheel, digital lighting design and virtual wind tunnel inspired component to C-segment body integration, hints to an exhilarating, comfortable drive and ride experience. Civic is exciting to view, and even more so to drive.

While perhaps not the ultimate driving machine in Honda’s paddock, 2016 Civic takes the best selling retail car in North America to new heights, as to drive and ride comfort, interior quiet, ergonomics and visual appeal.

The all new Civic is a sensory experience generally reserved for premium cars with MSRPs north of $30,000.

With a 2016 entry level base MSRP within $200 of the exiting 2015 Civic EX, consumers will be treated to greater standard value, without financially overextending.

Strong new age Honda DNA

Honda as demonstrated throughout the 2016 car and light truck lineup, once again presents a measurable uptick in standard feature value, uncompromising quality and exceptional driver, passenger electronic active safety features -- while holding the purchase dollar bottom line.

When we compare 2016 Civic to the competition, Honda takes this round hands down

In honor of our fellow journalist and our friends at A.H.M., we're compelled to hold our collective tongues as to drive impression, final engine specifications and model MSRP. That's just how it is!

We don't like waiting any more than the next guy or gal. But in the case of 2016 Honda Civic, this is the car that will benchmark the entire compact segment for North America. We’ll give Honda a week or two to reveal 2016 Civic sedan in detail.

Honda Civic 10th gen First look 2016 Civic review and price details from press launch civic3

O.K., what we can tell you

Well, it appears that the color pallet was leaked to the world on Tuesday. Last week the world caught an official glimpse of 2016 Civic via YouTube Hollywood. So, throwing caution to the wind: 3 new exterior colors, 3 interior colors, 2 new Earth Dream ™ engines, 2 transmission choices, and finally, power seats available in top trim variants.

A very cool 17 inch wheel design, Type-R derived suspension and engine components, push 2016 Honda Civic to the top of the compact car food chain.

Without going into drive impression details

Take our word for it, seasoned Civic fans and Civic newbies alike will be giddy when experiencing the new found power and drive characteristics of Honda's next best seller.

Hey, read between the lines: "The best performing," The most comfortable," "The highest tech," "The total ground-up redesign," Yes! In the 40 year history of the car that began the Honda revolution in North America, 2016 Civic, eventually available in 5 format variants, will push Honda Motors to the next level in world-compact car segment domination.

Honda Civic 10th gen First look 2016 Civic review and price details from press launch civic4

The devil is in the details

The price is right, the drive performance, standard and optional safety features, epic! Handing a collective ‘high five’ to Honda design and engineering: This segment busting body design stands on the precipice of stunning meets cutting edge drive and ride performance.

Every line on 2016 Honda Civic sedan and coupe, from the truly unique 3 dimensional grill, to the headlight assembly front wrap integration C-shaped rear tail light assembly, evokes a sense of speed and stability while sitting in the parked position.

2016 Honda Civic is the compact car that will take Honda to the next level in exceptional segment-busting standard featured value, exceptional construction quality, built in comfort, safety and measurable drive enjoyment. Civic is a wake up call for the automotive industry, and a fresh injection of historic Honda ideals in a financially attainable car built for the driver in all of us, Honda style.

Source: http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-honda-civic-wake-call-world-compact-car-segment

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
Wow. That almost read like an advertisement from Honda. If I wasn't excited enough that really put me over the edge. It sounds like it is embargoed for 2 weeks for Honda to slowly release all of the info and specs. Gonna be fun!!

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Sounds like the 2016 model could be a game changer at its price level! I liked this: The all new Civic is a sensory experience generally reserved for premium cars with MSRPs north of $30,000.

And the price increase sounds like it won't be much. Now for those driving reviews...

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
It sounds like the normal new model year price increase, except you are supposedly getting a much better car. Nice, can't wait to get the details.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow. It sounds like they were extremely impressed on all fronts. I know i've had high hopes for the new civic being the new segment leader in all aspects, but this pretty much seals the deal just from what they've said. Obviously more specific reviews are still to come in the next week or 2 but in the mean time this definitely solidifies what i suspected, that the civic would be THE compact car. Benchmarking and competing with Euro Luxury small cars like the A3 for thousands less. And so far, the meager $200 price increase to the EX is extremely promising that honda hasn't at all forgotten their base demographic for this car.

I can't wait for the full reveal, and even more so to test drive one. Assuming this review is just based on the Sedan, the coupe (given it's more sport oriented) should be quite the little beast for this segment in terms of sporty profile and performance... even more so an equal uptick to the Si in performance and refinement grabs back the mojo that honda lost in recent years to competition.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
Wait, who wrote that press release? It contains a few spelling and grammatical errors. Also, isn't the LX the base model? Apart from that, the front end of the new Civic reminds me of the previous generation Ford Fusion. I guess I'll get over it. Now someone please just drive one!

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
They seemed so excited they couldn't spell properly :D Even if there is some exaggeration in this article it only needs to be 50% true for me to be pumped to get my butt into one of these. A $200 difference would be incredible but i'm not holding my breath. That would be truly market busting.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They seemed so excited they couldn't spell properly :D Even if there is some exaggeration in this article it only needs to be 50% true for me to be pumped to get my butt into one of these. A $200 difference would be incredible but i'm not holding my breath. That would be truly market busting.
I wouldn't be too shocked that the price increases are minimal... companies like honda want to keep their base demographics... that's people who can't afford or choose not to shell out for more expensive compact cars.

Also, one HUGE advantage of the new global platform is cost saving... instead of producing so many different platforms this one platform will underpin 4 cars (civic, accord, crv, crz) thats a ton of money that can go back into the car so that honda can produce and sell them for alot less even with all the new tech. Honda might have even decided it was worth it take a small hit to profits if it means they'll sell more of them total.

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Just a guess but this could work out great for base buyers but not so much for those looking to get into the new 1.5L trims, EL-L, EX-L, Touring buyers who could be paying more to make up for it. It's a good marketing strategy tho. I just hope that's not all it is.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
I spot 6 colors. Only 2 colors we haven't seen so far are the two blue colors - Aegean Blue and Cosmic Blue?

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
It sounds like the normal new model year price increase, except you are supposedly getting a much better car. Nice, can't wait to get the details.
And so far, the meager $200 price increase to the EX is extremely promising that honda hasn't at all forgotten their base demographic for this car.
Within $200 increase for base model sounds great but let's keep in mind that the better spec'd models will probably see a higher price increase. Still, impressive that even new base model with so much advancements in all areas will basically sell for the same price as the outgoing. :thumbsup:

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Sounds great but I also want to see what more professional sources have to say about the car, especially how it drives and feels. I feel like I can't trust reviews that are just completely positive hah. No car is perfect ;)

Anyone remember what the price increase from the 8th gen to 9th gen was? Or from the 2014 to 2015 model?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder why they say "base" model here but are referring to the EX? Are they meaning base EX (with the 2.0L)

We know there will be an LX... if the LX is priced $200 above the outgoing EX thats a huge price jump...

Fingers crossed they mean "Base EX" and not base trim level for the range (LX).

I couldn't see honda doing that to it's customer base... as good as the new civic sounds, they would lose a ton of business to competition just on cost alone...

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Why do we have to wait so long for more info? It's been two weeks and a day already since the reveal. Show us the specs!

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I wonder why they say "base" model here but are referring to the EX? Are they meaning base EX (with the 2.0L)

We know there will be an LX... if the LX is priced $200 above the outgoing EX thats a huge price jump...

Fingers crossed they mean "Base EX" and not base trim level for the range (LX).

I couldn't see honda doing that to it's customer base... as good as the new civic sounds, they would lose a ton of business to competition just on cost alone...
That's how I understood it as well, a 10th-gen 'base EX' meaning the 2.0L without Honda Sensing compared to a 9th-gen EX. Hopefully that was the intent.
Sponsored