DominicOA

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I did my first lease about a year ago and I guess I have dreaded luck. Besides having awful paint chips from ignorant people who throw their door open, I also have gotten involved in a hit and run in a parking lot I guess (sort of). I have massive dents on my hood, two of them, roughly 3 inches in diameter each, literally. I have tried many dent pullers and hot water methods, but I don't know yet if I will turn this in at the end of the lease or not. I do not know whether to just leave it and see what the damage costs would be after inspection or see if anyone can repair weird hood dents. Are metal hood dents a lot different than body panel dents? The photos do not do justice. Considering going through insurance. and yes, it's filthy.

Honda Civic 10th gen First lease. Awful hood dents. dent2

Honda Civic 10th gen First lease. Awful hood dents. dent1

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know you mentioned trying to fix the dents yourself but have you taken them to a professional paintless dent repair outfit? I've personally seen those pros take out dents that seemed impossible. I had PDR work done on my former RX300 and GTI and they came back flawless.

OP
OP
DominicOA

DominicOA

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I know you mentioned trying to fix the dents yourself but have you taken them to a professional paintless dent repair outfit? I've personally seen those pros take out dents that seemed impossible. I had PDR work done on my former RX300 and GTI and they came back flawless.
Thanks, Mate I'll give it a go. It's just I fear that even if I try to repair it, it will be noticed at inspection and then Honda Financial will have me by the balls for turn in damages.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did my first lease about a year ago and I guess I have dreaded luck. Besides having awful paint chips from ignorant people who throw their door open, I also have gotten involved in a hit and run in a parking lot I guess (sort of). I have massive dents on my hood, two of them, roughly 3 inches in diameter each, literally. I have tried many dent pullers and hot water methods, but I don't know yet if I will turn this in at the end of the lease or not. I do not know whether to just leave it and see what the damage costs would be after inspection or see if anyone can repair weird hood dents. Are metal hood dents a lot different than body panel dents? The photos do not do justice. Considering going through insurance. and yes, it's filthy.

dent2.jpg

dent1.jpg
I've definitely seen worse lease returns. Try a Dent Wizard or a Paintless Dent Repair person. You won't spend a whole lot and since it's a steel hood it'll look fine. Turn the car in dirty, and pray. Usually the lease inspections aren't as thorough as you'd think they'd be.

OP
OP
DominicOA

DominicOA

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I've definitely seen worse lease returns. Try a Dent Wizard or a Paintless Dent Repair person. You won't spend a whole lot and since it's a steel hood it'll look fine. Turn the car in dirty, and pray. Usually the lease inspections aren't as thorough as you'd think they'd be.
Thanks for the insight!

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the insight!
Seriously. You'll be surprised how "well" they check some of these vehicles.
Just turn it in super dirty on the outside so they can't easily point out any other small dents or scratches you have anywhere else.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2019 Si, after just 4 months of ownership, I have 4 door dings and a dent in my hood. Luckily my service contracts covers dings and dents for a year. They did the PDR a few days ago and looks like new again. Typically charge around 100 per and then do a package deal if its for multiple dents. Look into it, it's definitely worth.

OP
OP
DominicOA

DominicOA

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
2019 Si, after just 4 months of ownership, I have 4 door dings and a dent in my hood. Luckily my service contracts covers dings and dents for a year. They did the PDR a few days ago and looks like new again. Typically charge around 100 per and then do a package deal if its for multiple dents. Look into it, it's definitely worth.
Thanks! Been getting quotes!

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jeez. $100 a dent is a lot. MY PDR people charge me a wholesale price of $40 per dent.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. $100 is steep. Normally between $40 - $50 per dent.
Jeez. $100 a dent is a lot. MY PDR people charge me a wholesale price of $40 per dent.
Perks of living in LA I guess? Lol, Regardless it's in my contract so I didn't pay anything out of pocket thankfully.
Sponsored