First fk8 with direct port methanol injection.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I am currently waiting on a prototype plate to test. I should be receiving it in the next few weeks. Questions email [email protected]
Currently the only way to accomplish this is to modify a radium engineering port plate. Due to cost I have partnered and am trying to make this far more cost effective. The radium plate kit is 300 plus over 200 to modify. I am looking to keep the cost well below that total. The car has already shown to be much more responsive and have more power using less methanol. Acts much more like switch when power comes on. I have not yet made a bracket to hold the NX distribution block.
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. E8E00330-6B32-40B4-BBD9-7AA4260E64E8
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 9D7F4035-D392-406E-9D9E-53E468A56A04
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 39C8FB77-2054-445A-8C88-A886C8180E9F
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. DC7C449E-252A-4AFE-97BE-16D005B379F5
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 91149F6F-1BDC-4D11-832C-A2F63030F2C5
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 6B3D077E-5E91-4860-B0D6-680EA075AADB
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 3F688EB2-50FB-4EF2-B9EF-40D119A00944
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 71B9CD61-B14F-42BD-8307-B08A108FF663
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 93B8BAB2-52C0-4835-B477-7E738BE9FCD8
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. F9EA7958-DB3B-442F-8FA7-602457C28A69
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 3E7034CD-D039-48EC-B3CD-17857C60B21F
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 4D43863F-7DC2-4E08-953D-DF659A47FC1B
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. C7B2C4BB-4E3C-4DB1-ADBE-F643CA1C7E9E

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Certainly an interesting setup - I'd expect this would have good cleaning properties too to prevent carbon fouling of the intakes.

I've always fancied the idea of water meth injection; Brings the car slightly closer to a P47 Thunderbolt with water injected WEP ?

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
i'm glad to see a port injected meth system; I don't think that the single injector method is a good idea when trying to add lots of fuel. the balance between cylinders is so much better with port injection.

quick dumb question for you -- how thick is the oem plastic intake manifold? if it's thick enough, couldn't you just forego that plate system, and instead drill straight through the plastic manifold right in front of each port (maybe about 3/4" back from the flange and drill straight through the middle of the three ribs (grind a flat section before drilling and then tapping). if the plastic is sufficient thickness and strength mighten that work? just spit balling.

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
i'm glad to see a port injected meth system; I don't think that the single injector method is a good idea when trying to add lots of fuel. the balance between cylinders is so much better with port injection.

quick dumb question for you -- how thick is the oem plastic intake manifold? if it's thick enough, couldn't you just forego that plate system, and instead drill straight through the plastic manifold right in front of each port (maybe about 3/4" back from the flange and drill straight through the middle of the three ribs (grind a flat section before drilling and then tapping). if the plastic is sufficient thickness and strength mighten that work? just spit balling.
In order to use the stock manifold support ribs must be removed. This compromises structure. Plus there’s even less room with all the brackets and hoses like the formed fuel line blocking the installation of methanol nozzle holders. There really isn’t enough room. The cost of making custom quick connect fuel lines and bunch of formed vacuum lines and brackets outweigh the cost of modifying the port adapter plate. Far less complications and risks. Plus the manifold is thinner than other manufacturers and they get away with this cause of the support ribs.
you can see in the third from last pic the brackets hard lines and fuel line in the way of possibly just tapping the manifold.
Someone claimed it had been done but all they did was show a pic of a plastic intake not even attached to the car with all the meth parts blocking all the mounting points for all the stock hardware.

Here’s the pic. You can clearly see this wouldn’t work at all cause it literally covers the mounting points on the manifold. Plus it’s not even a type r manifold its an accord. The mounting points for the fuel line and vacuum hose brackets are circled in yellow and the red circle is exactly where the stock recirculation valve solenoid goes. Tge other inherent risk is the fittings can fall off on the inside this way and go right into the engine. Also the radium port plate puts the meth injectors into a position so the air goes across the meth at 90 degrees swirling it and is less likely to build up in the bottom of the intake while spraying. But by tapping stock manifold the angle has more risk of manifold flooding like using pre throttle body injection.
I put all of this into consideration before I even thought about trying this.
Good news is though i am working with somebody now that I will get a prototype in the next few weeks this way i can make a plate specific for this to reduce cost greatly.
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. B86633DE-EEC5-4A94-800B-DE6180B05839

This will not fit in anyway possible. Not without major modifications to your stock lines. Using a port plate requires either an offset throttle body coupler or if you have the Mishimoto intercooler with pipes the coupler they give you is long enough or if you have Prl the coupler is also long enough to just reuse it.
Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. 5D0A8DFD-0E64-4065-8042-F0A5D6CAEB0B

Honda Civic 10th gen First fk8 with direct port methanol injection. DA125484-AD49-464F-9FAA-B4C0BC09CBCD

As you can see plenty of coupler left. I didn’t even force this like this. If you have stock intercooler piping I can put you in touch with someone who can modify your stock one at a reasonable price. The other option would be to cut the 90 bend off your stock one and just put a piece of straight piping with a bead weld and get a 90 degree coupler.

After being in the automotive business over 2 decades I’ve seen what lasts and what doesn’t. You might find a way to make the stock manifold work short term but long term it’s no where near as durable.

One last advantage is plenum volume increase. This isn’t much but when you consider the size of the stock intake manifold every bit counts. This allows greater volume of airflow. Although small it is part of why direct port meth works so well.
FYI the only difference between tuning direct port meth and port upgrade from ultimate racing is setting on methanol on you controller or for port the split second controller for port.
This is just as effective as port injection and significantly cheaper. Port is 2200 while this currently including the meth kit is around 1300. Literally the only advantage to port is volume by rpm control. It doesn’t even spray port when the valves are open using split second it sprays every time the crank hits tdc so even port kit sprays a closed valve when running stock ecu.

forced induction meth kit 450
4 nozzles 100
Direct port kit with holders, distribution block fittings and solenoid 200
Port plate 300
Cost of having someone else modify your plate 250.
If you opt to using check valves add another 100 dollars.
I paid my fabricator to fill the holes that’s it. All the rest of the work I did.

This may be long winded but there’s a ton of variables when developing something.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In order to use the stock manifold support ribs must be removed. This compromises structure. Plus there’s even less room with all the brackets and hoses like the formed fuel line blocking the installation of methanol nozzle holders. There really isn’t enough room. The cost of making custom quick connect fuel lines and bunch of formed vacuum lines and brackets outweigh the cost of modifying the port adapter plate. Far less complications and risks. Plus the manifold is thinner than other manufacturers and they get away with this cause of the support ribs.
you can see in the third from last pic the brackets hard lines and fuel line in the way of possibly just tapping the manifold.
Someone claimed it had been done but all they did was show a pic of a plastic intake not even attached to the car with all the meth parts blocking all the mounting points for all the stock hardware.

Here’s the pic. You can clearly see this wouldn’t work at all cause it literally covers the mounting points on the manifold. Plus it’s not even a type r manifold its an accord. The mounting points for the fuel line and vacuum hose brackets are circled in yellow and the red circle is exactly where the stock recirculation valve solenoid goes. Tge other inherent risk is the fittings can fall off on the inside this way and go right into the engine. Also the radium port plate puts the meth injectors into a position so the air goes across the meth at 90 degrees swirling it and is less likely to build up in the bottom of the intake while spraying. But by tapping stock manifold the angle has more risk of manifold flooding like using pre throttle body injection.
I put all of this into consideration before I even thought about trying this.
Good news is though i am working with somebody now that I will get a prototype in the next few weeks this way i can make a plate specific for this to reduce cost greatly.
B86633DE-EEC5-4A94-800B-DE6180B05839.jpeg

This will not fit in anyway possible. Not without major modifications to your stock lines. Using a port plate requires either an offset throttle body coupler or if you have the Mishimoto intercooler with pipes the coupler they give you is long enough or if you have Prl the coupler is also long enough to just reuse it.
5D0A8DFD-0E64-4065-8042-F0A5D6CAEB0B.jpeg

DA125484-AD49-464F-9FAA-B4C0BC09CBCD.jpeg

As you can see plenty of coupler left. I didn’t even force this like this. If you have stock intercooler piping I can put you in touch with someone who can modify your stock one at a reasonable price. The other option would be to cut the 90 bend off your stock one and just put a piece of straight piping with a bead weld and get a 90 degree coupler.

After being in the automotive business over 2 decades I’ve seen what lasts and what doesn’t. You might find a way to make the stock manifold work short term but long term it’s no where near as durable.

One last advantage is plenum volume increase. This isn’t much but when you consider the size of the stock intake manifold every bit counts. This allows greater volume of airflow. Although small it is part of why direct port meth works so well.
FYI the only difference between tuning direct port meth and port upgrade from ultimate racing is setting on methanol on you controller or for port the split second controller for port.
This is just as effective as port injection and significantly cheaper. Port is 2200 while this currently including the meth kit is around 1300. Literally the only advantage to port is volume by rpm control. It doesn’t even spray port when the valves are open using split second it sprays every time the crank hits tdc so even port kit sprays a closed valve when running stock ecu.

forced induction meth kit 450
4 nozzles 100
Direct port kit with holders, distribution block fittings and solenoid 200
Port plate 300
Cost of having someone else modify your plate 250.
If you opt to using check valves add another 100 dollars.
I paid my fabricator to fill the holes that’s it. All the rest of the work I did.

This may be long winded but there’s a ton of variables when developing something.
Why dont you tell them that the person who gave you that picture told you that the purpose of such picture was for reference that it can be done. How easy is to play with words to your convenience. What a joke.

Tell them how when someone calls you out and demostrate where you are failing or are wrong you hide behind the phrase “I have 21yrs of experience”. The world evolves fast. If you dont catch up you will get obsolete.

You claim to do research? Why dont you browse the PROMETH site and see all their diy kits to do port Injection? You clearly lack a lot of knowledge. Go back to the research lab.

Meth direct port injection and meth injection in general is more dangerous than direct port fuel injection as there is no fail safe yet for the FK8 that interfases with flashpro/ktuner (only diy failsafe that none has done yet afaik) , nozzles can clog and the controller might die or error out.

Thatcurtisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

I do not understand why you can’t use the stock plate other than if the plastic doesn’t hold, he’s literally using the same thing but claims it doesn’t fit….

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
@Jpierro79 Intereting work. Do you happen to know what plastic the intake is made of?

I like this idea. I'm guessing the intake is made of PPA, which can be welded so you'd be able to add some thickness where needed. You could even have the bungs made with PPA and weld them right on. With the right rig it could be done consistently and provide an air tight seal.

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
even after doing all this, are you sure these water meth nozzle and pumps can spray accurately to spec?

If the idea is to fully atomize the injected water/meth. Is it easier to do pre turbo injection? Let the turbo compressor atomize it.
Sponsored