First ever heated CTR (FK8) seats in FC1!

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (FC1), 1999 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed these into my 2017 Civic Si (FC1) hope you guys enjoy!
Installed heated seat grids to both seats and fully operational.

Honda Civic 10th gen First ever heated CTR (FK8) seats in FC1! IMG_1258

Honda Civic 10th gen First ever heated CTR (FK8) seats in FC1! IMG_1259.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen First ever heated CTR (FK8) seats in FC1! image1

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
That is awesome! Not only the seat swap but the heaters!

Upholestry is an art, my favorite shop while I was at Wyotech!

Absolutely love the actually back heaters, would do wonders for my back injuiries. I never understood why they only heat the seat/bottom, makes no sense to me?

Great job! Did you do them yourself or have the work done? Wondering what adding back heaters would cost.

*Edit* - Oh wait your buddy has that Upholstery shop! Didn't recognize the name at first! lol

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen First ever heated CTR (FK8) seats in FC1! Y4YFthE

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So you used the frames from your OEM SI seats and sourced everything? What was the cost lol

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Please share more details such as where you sourced the heating elements from and any tips / tricks to the wire routing you found. Thanks, looks great!

OP
OP
simply_the_best

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you used the frames from your OEM SI seats and sourced everything? What was the cost lol
No Si frame is different from the CTR because as you can see the seat is shaped differently. The slider base which is the same is part of the frame. These seats list for roughly $4500 each minus the seat heater element. Then the seats also need to be assembled and passenger programmed as well. But I have no lights and all airbags operational.

Please share more details such as where you sourced the heating elements from and any tips / tricks to the wire routing you found. Thanks, looks great!
Heating elements are from the Civic Si (2dr/4dr). All that was needed was to swap the harness from the Si under the seat that went to the seat belt buckle and seat weight sensor as well as plugged into the seat heater harness. I guess you can say the swap was plug and play. I didn't want to have CTR seats and lose the function of the seat heater.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heating elements are from the Civic Si (2dr/4dr). All that was needed was to swap the harness from the Si under the seat that went to the seat belt buckle and seat weight sensor as well as plugged into the seat heater harness. I guess you can say the swap was plug and play. I didn't want to have CTR seats and lose the function of the seat heater.
The back heating element as well? My Si Sedan only has the bottom heater or I can't feel it?
Is there a trim with the back heater?

*Edit* - https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~81550-tbf-a01.html
Wow, the parts diagram does show the coil going up the back on the Si seats. I use the heated seats all the time but I can never feel the back section. Same in my CRV, I've even asked mutliple people if they could feel it as well, they only felt it in the bottom as well. Guess they're just weak or my back is really that bad now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
simply_the_best

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The back heating element as well? My Si Sedan only has the bottom heater or I can't feel it?
Is there a trim with the back heater?
Nope back heaters are standard on the Si. Back and bottom. It's actually quite a large heater element than compared to other vehicles. I bet if you used a IR heat gun you could watch the temps go up.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope back heaters are standard on the Si. Back and bottom. It's actually quite a large heater element than compared to other vehicles. I bet if you used a IR heat gun you could watch the temps go up.
I was shocked when I pulled up the parts diagram! It is a rather big coil but I cannot feel it!

Appreciate the info sir!

Great job on the seats & the interior btw! It's looking amazing, best Si interior I've seen yet!

scottjua

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru STI, 2019 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
Any tips on getting the CTR seat apart? I want to add some lumbar support and this is the right way to do it internally. Also... If heated seats could be added to the CTR I'd be all for that

OP
OP
simply_the_best

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any tips on getting the CTR seat apart? I want to add some lumbar support and this is the right way to do it internally. Also... If heated seats could be added to the CTR I'd be all for that
The seat is taken apart by cutting the hog rings and slowly peeling back the cover. You have to remove the back cover and side covers as well first. Pretty straight forward.
Sponsored