First EV and I gotta say, it’s pretty spectacular

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I’ve been toying with the idea of buying an electric vehicle over the past couple years. I love the Teslas but can’t bring myself to spend that much on one. Started looking at the Chevy Bolts last year but wasn’t able to strike a deal. Began looking again last week and found a dealership nearby that had six leftover 2020’s sitting on the lot since last year. With the current GM incentives that were given to me plus the dealer discount, I got an offer I simply could not refuse. I’ve driven it about 50 miles since I picked it up yesterday and can’t get over how awesome it feels to be driving around without using any gas. The L mode where it regenerates the battery whenever you let off the throttle is also an entirely new experience for me. Never before have I been able to drive around without having to touch the brake pedal ever. Blows my mind.

So far I am very happy with my purchase. Any other EV owners here?

Honda Civic 10th gen First EV and I gotta say, it’s pretty spectacular MnSbemc
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice pickup! I drove a first-gen Leaf (84-mile range) for a few months before deciding it (range) was too short for my use case. I really enjoyed the quiet cabin and instant torque. Will be looking for another EV with 200-mile range at the minimum. The Bolt was always on my shortlist for its price and range. I think the new Bolt EUV looks promising and will be cross-shopping between it and several Hyundai offerings. Hopefully, Honda releases the rumored HRV EV sooner rather than later. Enjoy your Bolt!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I have one very important question.

How do your glasses stay up without having a nose or ears?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ve been toying with the idea of buying an electric vehicle over the past couple years. I love the Teslas but can’t bring myself to spend that much on one. Started looking at the Chevy Bolts last year but wasn’t able to strike a deal. Began looking again last week and found a dealership nearby that had six leftover 2020’s sitting on the lot since last year. With the current GM incentives that were given to me plus the dealer discount, I got an offer I simply could not refuse. I’ve driven it about 50 miles since I picked it up yesterday and can’t get over how awesome it feels to be driving around without using any gas. The L mode where it regenerates the battery whenever you let off the throttle is also an entirely new experience for me. Never before have I been able to drive around without having to touch the brake pedal ever. Blows my mind.

So far I am very happy with my purchase. Any other EV owners here?

MnSbemc.jpg
Cool !! yeah electric cars are cool and getting better but I can’t find one that would peak my interest yet

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cool !! yeah electric cars are cool and getting better but I can’t find one that would peak my interest yet
The Bolt has been a great replacement for my Fiesta ST which I sold a few weeks ago. I’ll miss that car but the Bolt has far exceeded my expectations. It’s about 900 lbs heavier but it still handles superb due to the low center of gravity with the battery pack mounted to the bottom of the car. There’s a track test video of one on YT and the guy loves it.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh wow you sold the st! honestly i didnt recognize who posted this since you had the type r in your pic lol

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The Bolt is nice! I honestly didn't even know about it till a couple days ago when a coworker said he wanted to buy one lol.

Hopefully the fed gov't reinstates the incentive for buying one. Or at least gives a tax credit!

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
oh wow you sold the st! honestly i didnt recognize who posted this since you had the type r in your pic lol
Yep I got an offer from Shift to buy the ST and would have felt dumb had I not accepted - damn near got all my money back after 4 years/27k miles. Still had the original tires on it lol. The Bolt feels a thousand pounds heavier without a doubt but the no gas and no oil changes totally make up for that :) Surprisingly, it actually does handle pretty dang well for what it is. I'd be very interested to see what a set of summer tires would do for it but I'll wear out the stockers first before I consider that.

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Bolt is nice! I honestly didn't even know about it till a couple days ago when a coworker said he wanted to buy one lol.

Hopefully the fed gov't reinstates the incentive for buying one. Or at least gives a tax credit!
I agree, it's very nice as an entry level all-electric vehicle. I would never pay sticker for one but the current discounts and incentives make it an extremely attractive bargain. We've been really happy with it thus far.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep I got an offer from Shift to buy the ST and would have felt dumb had I not accepted - damn near got all my money back after 4 years/27k miles. Still had the original tires on it lol. The Bolt feels a thousand pounds heavier without a doubt but the no gas and no oil changes totally make up for that :) Surprisingly, it actually does handle pretty dang well for what it is. I'd be very interested to see what a set of summer tires would do for it but I'll wear out the stockers first before I consider that.
Ya I got to drive one years ago back in high school (auto tech class teacher had a friend that worked at gm and brought it out) it was fun to zip around in and learn about
Sponsored