dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen First CVT Tuned broke-Replaced Under Warranty upload_2017-9-26_13-58-14
Sponsored

CVT_Squad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 2005 Pilot 2010 Insight 1998 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Wew!!

LOL! The suspense! As long as Honda doesn't start seeing a lot of tranny failures they wont start checking for tunes. Take care of your trannies guys.

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Wew!!

LOL! The suspense! As long as Honda doesn't start seeing a lot of tranny failures they wont start checking for tunes. Take care of your trannies guys.
well he works at the dealer and knows the tech guy

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well he works at the dealer and knows the tech guy
This is he true, he does, and I wonder how if at all that affected the outcome. In the end, the service manager still should protect Honda but who knows. lets get us a cvt from someone who doesnt work at Honda, preferably, no me lol

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious. I've power boosted a couple of times and have been beating the shit out of my car whenever I have a chance to. Still holding up strong (aside that misfire incident that happened but that was repaired). I only hope this was a dud or a fluke. at 33,000~ miles right now.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
this guy said he is running the +6 as is out of the box. Said he never launched it by holding the brake but drove it hard and did lots of 0-60 pulls. Let's be honest here, no one really knows where the line is for too much torque or boost. Every situation is different but we know too much heat lessens the protection of the fluid in the CVT and being too cold can hurt it as well. Its each users own risk when you modify anything from stock. Im running a custom tune at 25.5 psi and it seems fine but if I blow my tranny up, Im not going to blame my tuner. I rack it up to the risk I took modifying my car. Everyone always says they want to mod but do it safely. Well sorry, there is no full proof modding. Once you mess with one little part on the car, you've taken it out of spec for how it was built to be warrantied by honda and now you assume the risk and liability

I was referring to when users modify it by themselves without the help of a professional but i agree with you 100%

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
What DC said, two different things. You can feel the turbo spool and boost build if you hold your foot on the brake and gas while at a stoplight. That is definitely not good
now i may be a noob but why is that no good for the car? drawbacks of it? talking about for a cvt since i have a cvt sport

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
now i may be a noob but why is that no good for the car? drawbacks of it? talking about for a cvt since i have a cvt sport
bc too much torque will snap or score the CVT belt causing to slip. The cvt is most susceptible to torque down low in the RPM where this turbo builds all of its tq. If you build all that pressure and tq while sitting still and release it through the cvt, it will slip or snap.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
bc too much torque will snap or score the CVT belt causing to slip. The cvt is most susceptible to torque down low in the RPM where this turbo builds all of its tq. If you build all that pressure and tq while sitting still and release it through the cvt, it will slip or snap.
so is power breaking really only a disadvantage when referring to cvt?

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so is power breaking really only a disadvantage when referring to cvt?
if you want to keep you cvt alive then yes its a disadvantage. If you dont care then power brake away.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
if you want to keep you cvt alive then yes its a disadvantage. If you dont care then power brake away.
the cvt is so fragile ill try to do anything i can to not blow it lol i will admit i have done it a few times though without having much knowledge of it

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
sorry about the newbie question but WTF is power braking.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why would anyone think that's a good idea?
Likely because people have been doing it forever on non CVT automatic transmissions with few if any problems.
Sponsored