First CVT Tuned broke-Replaced Under Warranty

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why would anyone think that's a good idea?
Probably to get that extra advantage in launching your car from a dead stop. That being said it's more dangerous to do so when you're running more power on an already delicate transmission.
Sponsored

theonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brake Boosting will take off faster because you are already at the turbo is engaging.
IT does throw me back at my seat.
I stop doing that now because from the sound of the internet and realizing how crappy the cvt belt is.

It helped me a lot from stop light "racing", really just to get ahead of some slow ppl...

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

THUND3R

R0LLING THUND3R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Vit tuned lol that's hwy driving of course

that includes the occasional S to pass lol
It's good to know that you still have good mpg after a tune...Now if only someone was brave enough to make a after market cvt belt that can handle a lot of torque...check this video out, he explains how the cvt works.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I wish they would make one as well. Nothing crazy. I think 50 percent stronger would be nice. I would totally buy one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

THUND3R

R0LLING THUND3R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
I wish they would make one as well. Nothing crazy. I think 50 percent stronger would be nice. I would totally buy one.
yup, doesn't have to be too crazy, but I'm sure it can be done.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking into something like this some 3yrs ago for my Honda Fit CVT ~~> Here

I had contacted a few companies, including a couple of snowmobile manufacturers. I was talking to them stating that CVTs are becoming a big deal and was willing to be a guinea pig to try some modifications to make them stronger and change gearing. Only one (can't remember the name) was close to trying this out but was reluctant to pursue this route yet.

Fast forward to now...perhaps they are seeing potential $$$ signs now.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
It's killing me! CVT's are in every major japanese car manufacturer. Subies even has it in their wrx, nissan in their maxima, toyota and their slow boxes, and honda just came out with the best one of all. You'd think at least a Japanese aftermarket company would take a swing at a cvt upgrade. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming of that day. Or the day honda and the rest build one with a higher limit.

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's killing me! CVT's are in every major japanese car manufacturer. Subies even has it in their wrx, nissan in their maxima, toyota and their slow boxes, and honda just came out with the best one of all. You'd think at least a Japanese aftermarket company would take a swing at a cvt upgrade. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming of that day. Or the day honda and the rest build one with a higher limit.
Is the Honda CVT really stronger than the CVT in the Subaru Wrx Cvt? I wonder if their belt would work on our Hondas if it were indeed stronger?!

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
When I said best I meant the way it feels to drive. I wish it was stronger or just as strong as the wrx :(

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Nissan has a CVT used with a V6 that handles up to 261 lb-ft of torque (2018 Maxima) and is rated to tow up to 6,000 lbs. (2018 Pathfinder).

Honda's CVT isn't used on anything with more than 192 lb-ft of torque (2018 Accord 1.5T) or rated to tow more than 1,500 lbs. (2018 CR-V 1.5T).
Sponsored