First CTR owner in Norway

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Got my chassis number, car is now insured and registered with plates.
Pickupdate is this Thursday!.

There is one black CTR in Norway today, but it belongs to Honda or a dealership (not for sale). They told me that I'm the first private owner of a CTR in Norway.

Oh my, I'm so looking forward to this, and have been waiting since I signed the contract for a white CTR in March this year.
Sponsored

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Congrats! Must be very expensive due to tax.
The FK8 costs 57.000 euro in NL.

OP
OP
Wabby

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
That's correct.
64 478 Euro with todays exchange.
Included: 5 years warranty, 19" winterrims and 3 years of service.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Thats is Audi r8 money, Porsche boxer/cayman money, gold R money + some, that is corvette money + some, that is BMW m4 competition package, Jaguar F-type money, mercedes C63 amg money ...

For a honda, that is too much
yea, but you can walk in and buy R8, Boxer/Cayman, C7 Vet & BMW M4, but you can't just walk in and buy a 2017 Civic Type R!!!! That's the difference!!! Do you see??

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Thats is Audi r8 money, Porsche boxer/cayman money, gold R money + some, that is corvette money + some, that is BMW m4 competition package, Jaguar F-type money, mercedes C63 amg money ...

For a honda, that is too much
In Norway the cars you just mentioned are double or triple the FK8 price.

OP
OP
Wabby

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Thanks guys!
Don't know the number yet but I will ask my dealer to send a picture. If not, I know the number in exact two days =) But the chassinumber starts with SHHFK8790xxxxxx, so I guess the number might be quite high.

The price of this CTR would be right below the cheapest Tesla. I have never considered a Tesla since it's so hyped here in Norway and I really wanted a CTR once in my life.
Also there is so much happening on EV at the moment that. I might consider switching an about two years, but probably not a Tesla...

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR,CTR,996 GT3,EVO X GSR, M3,Ek SIR,EP3 SIR,S2K,Micra Cup
I didn't think they were that expensive in Scandinavia... makes me appreciate my $42K CDn price....

Congrats on the car- your gonna love it.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
I would just buy a Telsa. I heard that a lot of people have them over in Norway.
No offense man, different strokes for different folks and all that...but TBH f*** a Tesla. Aside from ludicrous mode what else is there to write home about? Interior isn't exactly all that pleasant to be in, as of right now you cannot track them feasibly. The CTR feels glued to the road on the highway. And at least in my state I couldn't make it out to proper mountain roads and back in one, there range just isn't there. I'm failing to see how the Tesla is a comparable alternative for the FK8. Maybe for a Panamera but for about 135K there are way too many actual driver's cars to list that would be a better fit for someone who actually cares about turning a corner. And that's without considering the cost difference in Norway...

Again don't mean to come off as overly aggro but we're here to congratulate Wabby. With that out of the way...

Thanks guys!
Don't know the number yet but I will ask my dealer to send a picture. If not, I know the number in exact two days =) But the chassinumber starts with SHHFK8790xxxxxx, so I guess the number might be quite high.

The price of this CTR would be right below the cheapest Tesla. I have never considered a Tesla since it's so hyped here in Norway and I really wanted a CTR once in my life.
Also there is so much happening on EV at the moment that. I might consider switching an about two years, but probably not a Tesla...
Congrats man! I wouldn't worry too much about a higher production number. You'll more than likely have the updated harness and potentially less first batch fit-and-finish issues. What other colors did they make available for your market? Also what options did they include? (Canada usually gets a better deal than us for example)

OP
OP
Wabby

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Just got the Production Number: R-02794
Mileage: 31Km (19 Miles)
They say that the only import "fully loaded", so not sure what that means. But I will take pictures and keep you updated on Thursday. I went for the White CTR by the way.

Thanks again guys! :)

Habe46

First Name
Håkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo 142 -74, Volvo 245 -85, Volvo V70 -09, Toyota GT86 -13 & 2017 Civic Type R #8136
Country flag
Gratulerer :)

Here in Sweden we have to wait another month.
The wait soon kills me...

In Sweden we have the Non-GT and the GT version. I guess it´s the same in Norway.
The majority of cars will be GT-versions.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Just got the Production Number: R-02794
Mileage: 31Km (19 Miles)
They say that the only import "fully loaded", so not sure what that means. But I will take pictures and keep you updated on Thursday. I went for the White CTR by the way.

Thanks again guys! :)
Congrats ya!
Sponsored