Sponsored

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a thread here (... or perhaps a different forum I don't remember) a while ago with a few totaled civics in a junk/holding yard.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
Hurts to watch that...

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I didn't see any impact, so I'm guessing this was a roll over. Factory tires are maybe not so great on ice?

eighty(one)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Hey! Cool thing about this: it's the same color I have :)

It's a Burgundy Night Pearl, notice how it almost appears black (until you see the burgundy show on the bottom of the front grill/bumper) -

Sad to see a new X totaled, though

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't see any impact, so I'm guessing this was a roll over. Factory tires are maybe not so great on ice?
I can attest... the factory tires suck on ice.
I don't think they're that bad. I had no problems once I disabled traction control. The slight lag upon acceleration really made it easy to take off in snow and ice. Had 34 inches of snow a few weeks back.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think they're that bad. I had no problems once I disabled traction control. The slight lag upon acceleration really made it easy to take off in snow and ice. Had 34 inches of snow a few weeks back.
Agree. They're not amazing tires, but they do the job. Had 40" out here, besides the low ground clearance, had no issues, no slipping.

KD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
There was a thread here (... or perhaps a different forum I don't remember) a while ago with a few totaled civics in a junk/holding yard.
Unfortunately, my car will be two months old on Wednesday and a week ago today it had a run in with a coyote. The damn thing jumped out in front of my car on the highway, I didn't even have time to hit the brakes :-( She's in the body shop :-(

Wrecks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Automatic & 2006 CR-V
Country flag
Unfortunately, my car will be two months old on Wednesday and a week ago today it had a run in with a coyote. The damn thing jumped out in front of my car on the highway, I didn't even have time to hit the brakes :-( She's in the body shop :-(
The coyote is in the body shop...or the car? ;)

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate it when that happens. I've had so many accidents with deer in my area.

johnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic, 15 pilot, 13 insight, 12 fit, plus 15 gone but not forgotten
Not very many tires are good on ice. Where I grew up in the mountains, most people put winter tires on their cars with studs. They were good for awhile, but studs had to be replaced as they wore down. The studded tires really chewed up the roads.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
All tires on ice are garbage.. Only tires that are half decent are studded tires and even then they suck. Best to try and avoid ice in general all together, but we all know that is easier said than done. Drive safe everyone! No matter what the conditions!
Sponsored