OP

ThatSlowFc2

First Name
Marcanthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
That red one you posted was beautiful. They all are actually.
The Z’s have always been my favorite car growing up, and I thought why not seize the opportunity and pull the trigger on one now lol
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The Z’s have always been my favorite car growing up, and I thought why not seize the opportunity and pull the trigger on one now lol
It's a pretty slow car and requires a few mods to make it a fun car but it is a nice car. Much more fun than a 2.0 LX, that's for sure.

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
He posted in the 10th Gen Facebook forum that he is selling his turbo kit/upgrade.

OP
OP

ThatSlowFc2

First Name
Marcanthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Just updating everyone! I changed my decision in getting rid of the build, and I will continue building this. Will keep you updated!

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
If you’re not going to get an ECU upgrade(I would recommend Syvecs), you should look into converting to a return-style fuel system with an FMU and run larger injectors+fuel pump to prevent a lean condition.

It’s relatively cheap if you DIY, and many budget boosted D/B/F series engines have lived beyond their years using such a setup.

Otherwise, you’re on borrowed time with the stock fuel system.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh. You should have just picked the Z. Maybe you were looking at the wrong one...
FB_IMG_1551324599884.jpg

Regardless... good luck. Don't blow it up.
I owned a non turbo Z from that gen for a short time. bought it used, drove great, then 6 months in, started getting an awesome tick sound, found out they had known wrist pin issues. Oh well, it was fun and then dumped it for an Eagle Talon turbo, and that car made me realize I should only buy hondas lol.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I owned a non turbo Z from that gen for a short time. bought it used, drove great, then 6 months in, started getting an awesome tick sound, found out they had known wrist pin issues. Oh well, it was fun and then dumped it for an Eagle Talon turbo, and that car made me realize I should only buy hondas lol.
Other than the '77 280z I've had.. the other 4 have all been turbos. (shrug) They do have a tendency to get noisy lifters on the older VG engines, both the S and DOHC. Pretty tough though. Old and obsolete... the VQs have been pretty well panned they're so old as well, and they were an evolution of the iron VG... but they're generally pretty durable. PITA to work on though.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to LOVE Eagle Talons. That cockpit interior and they were brutally fast when modified. Used to follow Extreme Motorsports and Buschur Racing. Oh man........
Still remember in my old street days, when I was racing my turbocharged/nitrous Subaru Outback Sport, my first brutal loss was to an Eagle Talon from a roll. That HURT!!! Still have a lot of respect for them cars.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to LOVE Eagle Talons. That cockpit interior and they were brutally fast when modified. Used to follow Extreme Motorsports and Buschur Racing. Oh man........
Still remember in my old street days, when I was racing my turbocharged/nitrous Subaru Outback Sport, my first brutal loss was to an Eagle Talon from a roll. That HURT!!! Still have a lot of respect for them cars.
It was a super fun car. But when shit starts failing and you are 22 in your first job out of college, its not the best to have an unreliable sorta kind race car for your daily lol so I got my ass back into a honda real fast!

Reactions: Myx

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Other than the '77 280z I've had.. the other 4 have all been turbos. (shrug) They do have a tendency to get noisy lifters on the older VG engines, both the S and DOHC. Pretty tough though. Old and obsolete... the VQs have been pretty well panned they're so old as well, and they were an evolution of the iron VG... but they're generally pretty durable. PITA to work on though.
I had a 82 Series II 280zx Turbo.
Shit was slow as hell, but by god it was fun

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
This thread is like a soap opera :rofl:

"Will Markie Pacheco buy a Nissan Juke Nismo? Will he keep the LX and admit to being on stock internals? Will his motor skyrocket off into the atmosphere? Find out next time on an all new excited episode of K20C2!!!"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.