Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 1.5t isnt a strong engine.
But we have better internals than that of a 2.0 NA lol. A lot of people including myself holding over 290whp easy with a turbo upgrade and fbo on pump gas.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to agree that nobody really knows for sure what it can handle until it is tried. We might all be surprised when it pushes 300 hp with no issues. Then if it happens then everybody who doubted him will just say he is just lucky huh? Nobody knows so let’s just let this man do his thing and wish him the best. Because I think all Honda engines have potential. Just who is gonna be brave enough to push the limits?
Says he is 240whp untuned well where's the dyno chart or video of the pull?

Bru87tr

But we have better internals than that of a 2.0 NA lol. A lot of people including myself holding over 290whp easy with a turbo upgrade and fbo on pump gas.
And people have gone kaboom on that engine pushing it beyond stock. Its not a strong engine and also not built for it.

Try and make a post without lol in it once and maybe you wont sound like a tool.

OP
OP

ThatSlowFc2

First Name
Marcanthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
That’s good for you man, nobody cares about your engine man. If you’re that ignorant that you stay bashing my car, then hop off this dawg! I’m happy and enjoying it. Same thing with you, now hop off my post. Super ignorant and bashful tryna gas your engine up to make mines look like shit lol I’m happy for you, and it’d be nice if you did the same dude

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Smart ass if I put it on the dyno don’t you think I’d be tuned? Like I said I’m running low boost until I tune
You shouldn’t be driving it at all even on low boost until it’s tuned or you are gonna be buying a new engine. You are probably running so lean it isn’t even funny. It’s a ticking time bomb right now. Not hating, it’s facts.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Soooo how do you know your at 240hp and haven't dynod it?

Also still lol'ing at motec with Ktuner comment.

You do realize motec is a stand alone ecu and is upwards of $5k and made for legit race cars right?

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Soooo how do you know your at 240hp and haven't dynod it?

Also still lol'ing at motec with Ktuner comment.

You do realize motec is a stand alone ecu and is upwards of $5k and made for legit race cars right?
Yea I was wondering the exact same thing.....

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! I’m an owner of the very first Boosted K20C2 2018 Civic Lx. Really enjoy this car so much that I dropped a big load of cash on a whole custom turbo kit !

Follow me on IG @markiepacheco for videos and updates on it !

Any questions ? I’ll answer them below!

0B7E4F60-2655-4D8D-B870-CE2C66A2F7A2.jpeg

406437B6-9EC3-4CF8-910E-6789FF6633D5.jpeg

7FAD4023-C93D-46DE-81DE-A05F021DF403.jpeg

Very nice build! Congrats!

Very knowledgeable people here. Listen to what they have to say. However, just be conservative with your setup and try not to reach for the stars. I can't count how many times I've been in your same situation. The very first time is when I turobcharged my 1997 Subaru Outback Sport Wagon (Auto) **Purchased new in late 1996**. Heard all the same things. It was going to blow up, won't last, etc, etc. I was running 5psi of boost with a 60hp shot of dry nitrous on it. Raced and ran this way for years. It was turbo'd/nitrous back in 1999. Had some great memories with this car. From winning my first bracket racing in a class of 70+ cars, to beating a WS6 Pontiac at the Dragstrip, to having it featured on a Motorweek Subaru 22B episode (It's at 5:30 in the video). Had I listened, non of those experiences would've came to pass. I still have this car some 23yrs later. It's in my garage, just sitting. Runs as good as it ever has.

Enjoy your ride but take heed to what peeps have to say. I love it. Looking forward to your build as it progresses.

Last edited:

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Every time I hear Motec.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's and ordered three T66 turbos with NOS... and a Motec system and exhaust.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Says he is 240whp untuned well where's the dyno chart or video of the pull?
He might be giving a ballpark estimate. Because everybody knows what their car feels like on a day to day basis. So he might have a big noticeable difference. But let’s give the man some props for doing something a lot of us have been wondering was possible. I mean people have been supercharging and turbocharging NA motors for decades and have had good results. Now that Honda offers a turbo engine all of a sudden the NA motor is not capable of being boosted. I’m not buying into that

Bru87tr

Very nice build! Congrats!

Very knowledgeable people here. Listen to what they have to say. However, just be conservative with your setup and try not to reach for the stars. I can't count how many times I've been in your same situation. The very first time is when I turobcharged my 1997 Subaru Outback Sport Wagon (Auto) **Purchased new in late 1996**. Heard all the same things. It was going to blow up, won't last, etc, etc. I was running 5psi of boost with a 60hp shot of dry nitrous on it. Raced and ran this way for years. It was turbo'd/nitrous back in 1999. Had some great memories with this car. From winning my first bracket racing in a class of 70+ cars, to beating a WS6 Pontiac at the Dragstrip, to having it featured on a a Motorweek Subaru 22B episode (It's at 5:30 in the video). Had I listened, non of those experiences would've came to pass. I still have this car some 23yrs later. It's in my garage, just sitting. Runs as good as it ever has.

Enjoy your ride but take heed to what peeps have to say. I love it. Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing. Very cool!

Back in the 80s I had a 73 455 GTO and I also had a 1987 Buick Turbo-T (T-62 CBB Turbo & built tranny) in the early 2000's, everyone supported eachother and had respect. It was always cool to see what others were doing, even if out in left field.

I was pushing 22lbs boost on the stock turbo before the oil seal gave out. That stock garrett turbo was pretty strong.

I guess its different times these days. People just shoot their mouth off in disrespect. I dont get it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll offer congrats. There are turbo and supercharged base RSXs running a K20A3.. and I don't see it being much different. It certainly is the road less traveled... and with a factory L15 available already turbocharged, you'll probably exist with minimal company.

As has been stated... you don't have the internals if a K20C1... so I'd go easy... get yourself turned ASAP and ensure you don't run lean. Port injection would be a benefit with larger injectors being possible... but you really are going to be in unchartered waters with how much power your engine can take. I would not jump to the conclusion that yours can handle what a K24Z7 or a K20Z3 or K20A2 can take from previous 2 generations of Sis/RSX type Ss.

I'd be bouncing over to the 7 gen Civic forums and look at any turbocharged examples of the K20A3 from that eras Si or the same engine on the base RSX over on the RSX forums. Even then... different engine, but I'd use what has already been learned over the last near-20 years as an idea on what might be possible... and what might break your engine.

You really are in uncharted territory in a lot of ways. The only other thing I guess I can say is good luck.

B3B31011

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Nice build man, don’t know why all the hate. Now all these 1.5T owners gonna hate on the 2.0 . Few years back all people wanted was k20-k24 swaps.

When I purchased mine in 2017 I didn’t know nothing about the 1.5T when I was told the the 2.0 was a K20 I didn’t think twice. Now that I see your build am not regretting my decision and i know theres gonna be K24a hybrid builds coming soon too
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.