Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread is like a soap opera :rofl:

"Will Markie Pacheco buy a Nissan Juke Nismo? Will he keep the LX and admit to being on stock internals? Will his motor skyrocket off into the atmosphere? Find out next time on an all new excited episode of K20C2!!!"
I'm crying.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread is like a soap opera :rofl:

"Will Markie Pacheco buy a Nissan Juke Nismo? Will he keep the LX and admit to being on stock internals? Will his motor skyrocket off into the atmosphere? Find out next time on an all new excited episode of K20C2!!!"
ITs been 3 months, silence...... :)

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Just checked...he's still rocking his boosted K20C2 Civic. Regardless of of what people said, looks like the K20C2 is managing the boost pretty well. Kinda shows that the K20C2 may actually be much stronger than previously thought.

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Just checked...he's still rocking his boosted K20C2 Civic. Regardless of of what people said, looks like the K20C2 is managing the boost pretty well. Kinda shows that the K20C2 may actually be much stronger than previously thought.
Yeah it’s just like any other Honda engine in the past. They can handle boost as long as they don’t go too crazy. But ever since Honda started making factory turbo engines, the NA engines must be straight garbage? Nobody actually knew what it could handle, so I’m glad somebody had a chance to try it out. I give him props. So I guess there will be a lot of people scratching their heads wondering why it hasn’t blown up or how he managed to get it tuned lol

roxaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
does he have more than one Instagram? The one he posted in the OP was last updated in September.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
does he have more than one Instagram? The one he posted in the OP was last updated in September.
Maybe on his histories. He should be more transparent IMO.

Teknyx

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport 2.0
Country flag
This guy really did this? I want to do this! But will my CVT handle this?

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
This guy really did this? I want to do this! But will my CVT handle this?
The CVT for sure will not be able to handle it. Even on the 1.5t cars, CVT's started getting damaged around the 200 lb/ft torque area. Regardless, it's a $5k project at the bare minimum, I think that money would be better spent just buying an Si.

roxaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The CVT for sure will not be able to handle it. Even on the 1.5t cars, CVT's started getting damaged around the 200 lb/ft torque area. Regardless, it's a $5k project at the bare minimum, I think that money would be better spent just buying an Si.
what if you want a high performance cvt civic without the 1.5L turbo?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There are many members here with 1.5T's and CVT's running tunes with 220+ lb/ft long term with zero issues. The TSP Stage 1 CVT tune is closer to 250. Please check out our tuning reliability survey topic for information.

Keys to long term 1.5T CVT reliability with more than stock torque is using BBG and reducing torque down low.

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Like gtman said, so many members running 200+hp and tq easy on the cvts. I ran above that on my hatch sport cvt for 17k miles and never experienced a single issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.