www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Getting it done at King’s Performance in Orlando, Fl. The biggest performance shops in Orlando. And I’m hoping for the best
You realize Hondata K-Pro is designed to be used with a K-Series engine with completely different crank/cam trigger patterns, right?

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I meant Ktuner and hondata do not support these ecu’s for turbo build so you can’t tune it for boost with those tuning devices
At this point absolutely correct but if enough people show the demand for it. It will happen. I don’t agree with the fact of not enabling injector data changing. I wish they released everything like some other big names do on other platforms. I’m used to seeing more adjustments than you could use even if it was a swap. Down to tire size being changeable.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
do you really want to tune the way Jpierro says basically going in blind. The ECU doesnt see boost, these are also not GM vehicles or ECU's,this k20 is not the k20 of old at all. It's also not an 87 T. We can't compare anything of old to todays platform. Also, I'm speaking from talking to people who tune these K20's and they said exactly what I said, good luck tuning that with those injectors.[/
do you really want to tune the way Jpierro says basically going in blind. The ECU doesnt see boost, these are also not GM vehicles or ECU's,this k20 is not the k20 of old at all. It's also not an 87 T. We can't compare anything of old to todays platform. Also, I'm speaking from talking to people who tune these K20's and they said exactly what I said, good luck tuning that with those injectors.
you clearly don’t know how the tuning world works . There are 800+ hp builds that read off MAF. Do you have any idea how many cars are done like that. The fueling accuracy with a properly tuned MAF and enrichment tables is within percent. I don’t think you understand how all the sensors work together on a car. If his car had MAP only I’d say sure there’s a problem but it doesn’t. My last car was a 2013 700 hp zl1 l. After 2300 rpm it read fuel not off map sensors at all but MAF. It’s not blended. MAF is way more accurate with initial air density. The reason for the MAP sensors are. They react quicker under initial throttle and they are used to control boost. Ford F-150 5.4 triton doesn’t even have a MAP. Sensor. On certain years. Before you start bashing what I’m saying maybe you should do some research. Even the brand new ZR1 functions this way. Mk6 vw use maf sensor this way. There are 2 legit reasons fir a map boost reading his setup on his car. 1 overboost protection 2 backup for MAF failure but since he’s the first I’m pretty sure he’ll not want to have to diene extra 5-10k on stand alone reason for a map. Clearly his boost isn’t ecu controlled. That’s all I’m going to say about this. I’m so tired of people bashing what they know nothing about.
Answer this one question and I’ll believe you might actually know something about tuning
What do you do if your injectors are larger than the injector scaling in the ecu allows. How could you still use those injectors ??
I’ll give a hint you Don’t touch MAF or Map tables.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
keep us posted to the people who respect your build , and dont judge you by any way......
some people had never had luck being well manered by their parents....forgive them.....
some sentences should always start with :im sorry but can i give you a advice politely.....
keep it up!!!!!!
beleive in your build ;)

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
You realize Hondata K-Pro is designed to be used with a K-Series engine with completely different crank/cam trigger patterns, right?
What do you think he is gonna have to do to tune it? Go ghetto old school and use a piggyback?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So long as the range for the MAF is enough... it'll run and possibly without knock, though it may not run great until tuned. That's why I was hoping it's running minimum boost until then.

I added a second MAF and a selin translator to tie the two together on my Z32 as there are limits to how much airflow a single MAF can show. Mainly it was just to allow each bank if cylinders with a dedicated intake path and MAF sensor... as I still had a bit of room on the single MAF. It helped the engine breathe a bit better

This is actually something that could be determined by doing a datalog and knowing the voltage range of the sensor and seeing what range you're using. If you go out of range... you'd get yourself in trouble as you'd clip anything beyond that point and go lean then and there. This haphazard cobbling together of stuff is much more 'potato' level tuning like I have been accustomed to in years past on pre-OBDII stuff. I've got large injectors and a pair of turbos that can't exceed them or flow enough to threaten the engine. Adjust duty cycle of my boost controller and go. Bad weather and want to run minimum boost...? Set zero duty cycle and only build up to the wastegate spring pressure. I did get an ECU update via Eproms for the injectors and a fuel curve that is essentially a bit rich to keep things safe.

God knows about this though (shrug). There's a range for environmental differences for high altitude... or driving under sea level... but running ~15# is still 2 atm worth of pressure and would give far more airflow than a NA would ever normally aee. If the MAF gets maxed out from so much airflow... or the software isn't there on an NA car to interpret it to provide fuel right... or the injectors get maxed out... then it'll be done if the cars getting thrashed when it happens. And that's assuming the engine itself can take it. I would always assume there's a good deal of design factor in any device meant to last a long time w/o breaking. The A3s seem to like to throw rods after 300 whp... though some have done well more (may very well be the difference between a good tune and just throwing stuff together and seeing what happens). No idea what a C2 can take... but I bet it's well less than a C1/C4.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I dont think people realize that the fact that this guy has been running his custom turbo setup with no aftermarket support, supporting mods, or even a legitimate tune and it hasnt blown up is pretty damn impressive, it easily could have become toast by now. Not saying this will hold up long term because it probably wont, but the C2 even going this long is impressive. If you would have asked me about what would happen before he installed the turbo, I would've given it a couple days max.

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I'm so glad to see how this thread has turned around we're all rooting for you OP!

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just curious, but would something like megasquirt work? I used it on a turbo build back in the day and it included a built in MAP sensor. Getting the car up and running was relatively easy from what I remember. Also I believe the kit itself was only like 700 bucks lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.