First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never owned one before. The past 15 years or so in this country have pushed me into the decision to purchase one. The huge increase in violence against law abiding citizens, police and others, only hastens my decision. I live in Illinois, one of the most fkd up states, so it's almost essential to conceal/carry here.

So I thought I would put this out there for my fellow Civic owners for any comments, feedback or experiences you've had that made you decide to purchase a firearm.
Sponsored

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It is your constitutional right to own a gun. Just make sure you are trained in its use and practice. Read up on all of the interstate rules regarding CC. Each state can vary regarding whether they recognize other state's CC permits.

I've had a CC for 10 years and, fortunately, I've never had to fire my gun in self defense (except for a rabid raccoon). I keep a gun with me at all times. No one knows that I carry.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
For concealed carry Id recommend checking out some revolvers. Ruger and S&W make some good lightweight ones. They are less complex to operate and more reliable in my opinion if you barely maintain them. People will argue they don’t carry enough rounds but I think if you ever have to reload in a gun fight you have other problems to worry about (ie your aim). If I could purchase in CA though I’d really look at getting the Springfield Hellcat. It has a good capacity in a small package.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Practice, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! Dont be one of those people who get a firearm, and never fire it, then expect that you will be able to handle it when in a high stress situation. Its not the movies. Its harder to hit things with a short barrel fire arm than you would think. Ideally shot the same ammo that you carry. Although that can get expensive as good self defense rounds arent cheap. At least shot the same grain round.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I decided to purchase my first firearm on black friday 2019. it definitely added a sense of safety when the whole BLM protesting were happening across the country.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I got my concealed carry permit in WA as soon as I turned 21, and I've been carrying pretty much daily ever since. Except for on planes and the years I was active duty Army, anyways.

There are two things to consider that are more important than having a gun. First is whether or not you're willing to use it. If you're looking to carry, you've probably answered that question already. But take some time to look deep and figure out just where your boundaries are, when you're willing to take action. Run through scenarios in your head, they don't have to be crazy enough that you need your fourth pistol mag when the second van of terrorists pull up, but thinking about it before it happens might keep you from freezing under stress.

Force on force training, whether with airsoft or simunitions is better than anything else for this.

Second is situational awareness. There's been more than once when people who looked like they were about to try a robbery turned and went the other way when they realized they weren't sneaking up on me after all. Can't prove they meant me harm, but it surely felt like it at the time. And that's the best possible outcome, they realize from your alertness and demeanor that you won't be a victim, and nothing happens. I think this is even more important than having a gun, but there's always the chance that someone tries it anyway, and then the gun will be most welcome.

OP
OP
Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Greggogrecco

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am no way more experienced than others, and I personally only carry during certain situations or when I know I am going to certain places. I am weaning myself into the idea of always carrying…

I would recommend getting a hands on some pistols, go to a range, rent a bunch of them and see what you like. When you go shopping make sure you find one that is comfortable to hold and don’t rush into a decision because you a gun wont save you if you’re not even comfortable with how it feels in your hand when it comes time to shoot it.

After that, practice a crap ton! My advice is get used to shooting 2-3 rounds in fairly quick succession and work on getting those groupings well placed. Don’t always feel like you have to hit the bullseye… in a real life situation you’re going to be firing at Center mass and wont have time to aim..

If you really are getting into it, do what I did and join some IDPA (conceal carry class) competitions. They run some fairly real life like scenarios on targets and depending on the range they put in moving targets, civilians/targets not to hit, barriers, etc. A lot of fun and it is way more practical than standing on a range lane and shooting at a piece of paper.

And just because we are on the topic…. Glock for life!!! (The Honda of Pistols) LOL! Jk get what feels best!

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When I lived in NY a firearm restricted state I had a gun permit and a S&W 22 cal pistol. Than I moved to Florida a lesser restricted firearm state and didn’t renew my permit I sold my gun in New York through a gun shop actually a hunting store but now all I have is my Remington 22 cal rifle which I haven’t used in 8 years ( probably more)

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I'm actually not sure how many guns I own at the moment, it's somewhere around 20.

Working on a Remington 700 build, blueprinted a long action receiver (recutting surfaces for better alignment) and installed a Shilen .338 Winchester barrel. Currently waiting on stock, scope, and rings. I have high hopes for accuracy, built a Remington 7 in .223 that gives .5 moa, but not looking forward to the recoil.

Carry a Kimber 1911 at work, might have a chance to switch to a 9mm Caspian 1911, Ruger GP100 off duty.
Sponsored