Joelgold

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Have ya'll ever been lost? like you are in a career but you know it's not what you really WANT to do in life it's just a means to an end.
You constantly go online read sites, and seek what you are truly passionate about. You try to find your passion in the work, but it isn't there... I want to help people, but i'm not a good people person. Like finding a niche Where do i fit in at this puzzle called life.
Should've found my purpose by now. Just lost as fuck.

It's just a rant Just want to know if anyone else feels like this?..Or did you find your passion? How did it come to you? Are you making a living off of it and loving it?

Just another Ranting session.
If you really want to know the true meaning of life open the Word of God. Nothing will give you complete satisfaction in life without Jesus Christ. He is the only way to heaven and came from heaven to earth to not only die on a cross for the sin of the world but also that we will have life to the fullest. God Bless.
Sponsored

cowolter

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-Z
Country flag
I recommend you read the book "So good they can't ignore you" by Cal Newport.

I was asking myself this same question a couple of months ago and came across that book, the basic idea presented is that matching your job to a preexisting passion does not matter. Passion comes after you put in the hard work to become excellent at something valuable, not before. In other words, what you do for a living is much less important than how you do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

I was asking myself this same question a couple of months ago and came across that book, the basic idea presented is that matching your job to a preexisting passion does not matter. Passion comes after you put in the hard work to become excellent at something valuable, not before. In other words, what you do for a living is much less important than how you do it.
Thank you...I revisited this comment because, To be honest it is true.

Loopsod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

I got lost in that mix for sometime. Always seeking to find work that I was super passionate about it. Two things occurred to me. One is that I might lose that passion if I did something I loved and it became a job more than a passion. For ex. I love sports and worked in sports for a while and it kind of drained me. The second is that I started viewing my work as something to fuel my passions outside the office and stop worrying about absolutely loving what I did professionally.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got lost in that mix for sometime. Always seeking to find work that I was super passionate about it. Two things occurred to me. One is that I might lose that passion if I did something I loved and it became a job more than a passion. For ex. I love sports and worked in sports for a while and it kind of drained me. The second is that I started viewing my work as something to fuel my passions outside the office and stop worrying about absolutely loving what I did professionally.
20+ years ago, I went to automotive tech school, but ended up dropping out about 6mo into it because I started to lose my passion for cars. It was then I realized that cars were my hobby, and needed to stay as such.

Loopsod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
20+ years ago, I went to automotive tech school, but ended up dropping out about 6mo into it because I started to lose my passion for cars. It was then I realized that cars were my hobby, and needed to stay as such.
Exactly. It took me a while to learn that it's okay for them to be separate things and that you're probably better off that way in the long run.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife and I left early Saturday morning to visit my high school friend in Southern Illinois for a few days before continuing to Oklahoma. It's about 3 hrs. drive to his house and I phoned him twice on the drive down, but both calls went to voicemail which was strange because he knew we were coming, but he lives alone with his dog. I had last spoke to him 2 days before on Thursday night.
We arrived at about 12:30pm and I went inside to discover my buddy had suffered a stroke. Slurred speech but he seemed to recognize me. I called 911 and they took him to the nearest hospital where they did a cat scan and found he had bleeding on his brain. They immediately air lifted him to Evansville, Indiana where they did surgery to stop the bleeding. He is recovering now but has little seizures about every 10 minutes or so. Obviously he has a long road to recovery.
Moral of the story: Your health is the most important thing in your life. If you have loved ones you need to do all you can to stay healthy for as long as possible. I will be 64 in a few days, I thank God everyday for my life and health.

Oelandsir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx5
This year has been difficult yet rewarding for me. I decided starting my own business, and it's taught me the importance of seizing every opportunity to grow (apply to drata customer service). For me, building my startup has become a part of my purpose, and I'm committed to using all the opportunities available to make it thrive.

Last edited:

josevic

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
My wife and I left early Saturday morning to visit my high school friend in Southern Illinois for a few days before continuing to Oklahoma. It's about 3 hrs. drive to his house and I phoned him twice on the drive down, but both calls went to voicemail which was strange because he knew we were coming, but he lives alone with his dog. I had last spoke to him 2 days before on Thursday night.
We arrived at about 12:30pm and I went inside to discover my buddy had suffered a stroke. Slurred speech but he seemed to recognize me. I called 911 and they took him to the nearest hospital where they did a cat scan and found he had bleeding on his brain. They immediately air lifted him to Evansville, Indiana where they did surgery to stop the bleeding. He is recovering now but has little seizures about every 10 minutes or so. Obviously he has a long road to recovery.
Moral of the story: Your health is the most important thing in your life. If you have loved ones you need to do all you can to stay healthy for as long as possible. I will be 64 in a few days, I thank God everyday for my life and health.
Sorry about your friend's health problem, but it makes me happy to know that he is getting care and getting better. Your message about the importance of health resonates deeply, @Civics4Ever. It's a powerful reminder to prioritize our well-being and appreciate each day we have.
Sponsored