Finding your purpose in life?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Have ya'll ever been lost? like you are in a career but you know it's not what you really WANT to do in life it's just a means to an end.
You constantly go online read sites, and seek what you are truly passionate about. You try to find your passion in the work, but it isn't there... I want to help people, but i'm not a good people person. Like finding a niche Where do i fit in at this puzzle called life.
Should've found my purpose by now. Just lost as fuck.

It's just a rant Just want to know if anyone else feels like this?..Or did you find your passion? How did it come to you? Are you making a living off of it and loving it?

Just another Ranting session.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I know exactly what you are saying and I feel the same way at times.
but I find that some says their not a people person are a people person and the ones that claim ( not saying all just the ones I know and ran into) that their a people person really aren’t you don’t have to be the life of the party to be a people person IMO :)

Beavis

First Name
Beavis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I know how you feel. My career is in the healthcare industry and only had stubbled upon it by chance. I like what do on a daily basis but it’s not my true passion. If I could, I would like a career in designing children’s toys or eating pizza all day ?

Try to keep it simple when deciding on a career or making a career change. If you like helping people but are not good at connecting with others, try finding something that indirectly helps others and still provides you with satisfaction at the end of the day. Could be as simple as making pizzas in the back for those who truly appreciate a good hot pie :D

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
LOL I hear ya i know exactly what you are saying. Thanks for the insight...
I

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I found a job that doesnt make me miserable where im surrounded by people who make me laugh. Its enough to keep me coming back and it gives me the amount of freedom in my personal life, to pursue the things that are actually my passion. I personally choose not to mix my business and passion together though. Thats not to say that I would turn down the chance to be a race car driver or something to that effect. But the odds of me being one were slim, so I chose the route that was better for me, haha.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Life's what you make it, I truly believe that. Unfortunately, I didn't try hard enough and I work my ass off for not enough pay, imo. Problem is I've been there 17 years and I get 4 weeks vacation per year.
To start anew somewhere else just doesn't seem advantageous to me, seeing I'll be 62 in a month. I'm a service tech and I enjoy helping people but I rather work with dogs, been a vet or a test car driver for some magazine.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Expecting fulfillment from employment is the problem here. Only a very small percentage of lucky or very industrious people achieve this. (And many of those who claim they like their work, are only kidding others and themselves) An overwhelming majority of Americans (and most aliens too) do not like their work and dread going to work. Having a comparison, I can tell you that an average American workplace is a particularly dreadful, boring and mind-numbing environment. And that includes not just the jobs that are expected to be "boring" but even those that do involve some creativity or challenges.

So the advice is to either stop counting on fun at work and avoid disappointment this way, or if you feel really lucky, to do something radical about it. It always helps to whistle while you work.?

Smoother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I can definitely relate. I had a rough couple years where things weren't going great in my personal life and I had a job that paid the bills but wasn't fulfilling at all. The good news is that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Things have turned around for me, but I definitely had to get off my ass and do something about it, which meant dealing with the struggle for way too long. I just tried to focus on things that made me happy and realized that my job and living situation weren't cutting it so I made some changes. It was hard at first, but now I'm really glad I made the change.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It happens to me constantly. I don't hate what I'm doing for a living but I feel like I am not enjoying it as much. It's a constant battle within myself. However, I have to think for my family too. As long as I'm providing for them and make them happy, I'm cool with what I'm doing.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel ya brother

I'm 24 and been working full time since graduating 2 years ago and I'm not passionate about my job whatsoever even though it's in a good field with good job security/pay. I definitely cannot imagine working a 9-5 until retirement age so my barebones plan is to expand into multiple businesses and possibly real estate.

As for finding your passion or what makes you happy, maybe just retrace your steps back to what made you happy as a child. I've always loved music growing up, I was that 13 year old Asian kid rocking baggy white T's listening to Snoop Dog/Ice T/Dem Franchize Boyz/NWA/Nas. Music interest followed me through highschool where I eventually started freestyling in the cafeteria then fast forward years later I performed at many shows with better known artists. Didn't plan on any of it if I'm gonna be honest, but they always say when you do something you truly love and put your all into it the opportunities will come.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Ive always tried to approach it as working to live and not living to work. I hop around different jobs in my company just because I get bored, but usually when I do, the pay gets better. I put in my 40 a week, and then im out even when im salaried. I work purely to support the things I enjoy doing outside of my job, which is family, cars, photography, traveling etc.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ive always tried to approach it as working to live and not living to work. I hop around different jobs in my company just because I get bored, but usually when I do, the pay gets better. I put in my 40 a week, and then im out even when im salaried. I work purely to support the things I enjoy doing outside of my job, which is family, cars, photography, traveling etc.
This 100x.

Very few people are able to do what they "love" in life. I enjoy my job, it allows me plenty of free time to sit on the forum and absorb information. I have the resources to make car parts (or at least design). And shop, and day trade, and throw away money in other ways as well.

All that said, my job isn't my identity. Its the thing that gets me the things I want in life.

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About 12 years ago, I was in that exact same position. Luckily, I had help in figuring out that I needed a direction in my life. What helped me was to see if there was a running theme in my prior no-future jobs. Once I found that theme, I next found out that I could specialize in that area (i.e. get a degree or two ?). Once down the path to specialization, I never looked back because everything I was learning range true to, just resonated with, my Self (which makes sense in the context of that prior theme I was talking about).

However, what really makes every day worth while for me is knowing that we all have a legacy (whether we like it or not), and I find my life meaningful when I’m part of something much larger than myself, where I can provide a lasting contribution. I’m incredibly lucky, blessed, etc. to be able to adore what I do every day. The decade+ struggle to get here was absolutely worth it, and I don’t take it for granted at all. I don’t get paid that much, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Always happy to chat more, if you ever want!

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Have ya'll ever been lost? like you are in a career but you know it's not what you really WANT to do in life it's just a means to an end.
You constantly go online read sites, and seek what you are truly passionate about. You try to find your passion in the work, but it isn't there... I want to help people, but i'm not a good people person. Like finding a niche Where do i fit in at this puzzle called life.
Should've found my purpose by now. Just lost as fuck.

It's just a rant Just want to know if anyone else feels like this?..Or did you find your passion? How did it come to you? Are you making a living off of it and loving it?

Just another Ranting session.
I worked on wall st. Made lots of money but hated trekking into city everyday.
When my daughter was born i told my wife i was retiring (at 34) and being a stay and home dad with some trading /investing on the side

that was 2014

Sometimes u have to set yourself up for success, good credit bank money
Tough it out to get the funding to say f it and do what u love

Life speeds by lots of woulda coulda shouldas!
Sponsored