Finding a new wheel

Coffeedrinker95

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic EX, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
I have recently did the thing I thought I'd never end up doing... I rubbed my right rear tire on the curb leaving work. It's not bad but I can't stand that there is road rash on my wheel. Anyone know where I can find a new wheel for the car? The closest Honda dealer told me it would be $1200 (USD) to replace the wheel and I'm trying not to pay that much. Can anybody point me in the right direction if possible?
Sponsored

CTR_FK8_00436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR / 2011 Civic Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How bad is it? Do you have a pic? I suspect a repair and refinish would be a cheaper that a rim replacement, if it's just cosmetic. I scratched a black rim once, and a quick repair was to touch it up with black paint, in a pinch, a sharpie might even work.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
I have recently did the thing I thought I'd never end up doing... I rubbed my right rear tire on the curb leaving work. It's not bad but I can't stand that there is road rash on my wheel. Anyone know where I can find a new wheel for the car? The closest Honda dealer told me it would be $1200 (USD) to replace the wheel and I'm trying not to pay that much. Can anybody point me in the right direction if possible?
I say find someone who is selling a use set and see if he will part it out

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Get on some of the "FK8" groups on Facebook. I've seen a lot of owners parting out as a set or individually.

OP
OP
Coffeedrinker95

Coffeedrinker95

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How bad is it? Do you have a pic? I suspect a repair and refinish would be a cheaper that a rim replacement, if it's just cosmetic. I scratched a black rim once, and a quick repair was to touch it up with black paint, in a pinch, a sharpie might even work.
I don't have a pic but I will at some point tomorrow to show you. It's very minor but knowing me, I stress out even over the small stuff. I might have to go buy some of that touch up paint because if I can't find a replacement rim then I'm not going to pay that much money for a single rim at a dealer. Thank you for the amazing idea!

OP
OP
Coffeedrinker95

Coffeedrinker95

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get on some of the "FK8" groups on Facebook. I've seen a lot of owners parting out as a set or individually.
Really?! I will definitely go check that out then. Thank you so much!

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag