First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R #14267
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for recommendations for a good driving road on in the DMV area. Something with twists, good scenery, and relatively light traffic. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to take 29 up to 216 West and find random roads out in rural Howard County. Great scenery, little traffic since there's not much around, and twists that gave me a learning experience or two when I was younger.

OP
OP
R-14267

R-14267

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R #14267
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to take 29 up to 216 West and find random roads out in rural Howard County. Great scenery, little traffic since there's not much around, and twists that gave me a learning experience or two when I was younger.
Thanks! I'll give that one a go.

dandel

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, Accord
Country flag
Just happened on this by chance yesterday. We had stopped off at the Wardensville Garden Market in WV and noticed an unusual number of nice cars drive by. Figured they were onto something and headed north on 259. Nice scenic stretch of straightaways and rolling hills until it hits rt 50 in Gore which you can take east to get back on I-81.

Not much in the way of twists but pretty nice for a weekend outing. Nice little market/bakery too.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just happened on this by chance yesterday. We had stopped off at the Wardensville Garden Market in WV and noticed an unusual number of nice cars drive by. Figured they were onto something and headed north on 259. Nice scenic stretch of straightaways and rolling hills until it hits rt 50 in Gore which you can take east to get back on I-81.

Not much in the way of twists but pretty nice for a weekend outing. Nice little market/bakery too.
Nice, I'm out by 81 and have been to Wardensville a few times, didn't know about that market though, I'll have to stop by there this summer.

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a great round trip we take a lot to our favorite restaurant in Lost City WV. These are two lane roads, having variable speeds but good technical twists and turns, low traffic and great scenery. Starting at I 81 in Strasburg VA, to Lost River Grill, and back on a more northern route into Winchester VA. The stop at Lost River Grill will be a good place to get a rest and delicious food (http://lostrivergrill.com/lost-river-grill), then back on the road.

To Lost River Grill from I 81 Strasburg VA:
https://tinyurl.com/y9cukg57

To Winchester VA from Lost River Grill WV:
https://tinyurl.com/y8pz6g4m

Enjoy!

peter

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since there are more WV suggestions than I thought there would be:

From Seneca Rocks, WV (popular hiking/outdoor activities area), take Rt. 33 towards Harrisonburg. Gets up to 3500 feet in elevation with amazing views and tight switchbacks. Good times.

sam17civicsport

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
you can get lost in Great Falls. It's mostly deserted two lane twisty roads where sometimes you swear the road designers just said "I'm gonna try this and bet that my boss isn't gonna check". haha

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Looking for recommendations for a good driving road on in the DMV area. Something with twists, good scenery, and relatively light traffic. Any ideas?
I live in Williamsburg, but I keep hearing good things about Skyline drive on the western side of VA.

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in Williamsburg, but I keep hearing good things about Skyline drive on the western side of VA.
Skyline Drive is a great road. Be advised that the speed limit is only 35MPH. Also it is crowded on weekends. Best time to go is middle of the week. You may even see a bear or two if you keep your eyes open!
Sponsored