Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I know for a fact they have/had a 5k mark up on that type r. I HOPE you got a few 1k's off the asking price. Sick car just not worth adm imho
Sponsored

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I know for a fact they have/had a 5k mark up on that type r. I HOPE you got a few 1k's off the asking price. Sick car just not worth adm imho
I got it on the MSRP, no doc fee. But it’s 100% cash deal.

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats, very cool. I'm jealous, I always wanted to take delivery with the steering wheel wrapped in plastic, seats wrapped in plastic, protective foam on the bumper, door edges, etc. like you got, I think that is the way every car should be made available for the buying customer and not stripped off by the dealer's possibly (some might say definitely) sloppy/clumsy PDI squad. Both my CTRs that I bought did not come this way since the dealer pulled it off. Paint you got looks so flawless and perfect - no need to have the dealer wash it. Congrats again
Yeah. I’m not a fan of PDI either. You never know how they treated the car. I don’t think all PDI folks knows how to drive a stick shift.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I agree but even worse is the buyer that pays that $25K. As great as the CTR is, it's not $70K great.
Well, that's not evil, that's just stupid! And if we put all the stupid people in some dark corner of the afterlife, it'd get pretty damned crowded real fast!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
The dealership asked $5k markup initially, I offered MSRP cash and they agreed 5 mins later. I think some dealers just try to give it a shot and see if they can find some stupid and/or rich folks are willing to pay the $25k markup on LEs.
Paying $10k markup might be acceptable, but $25k markup bring it to $70,000 which is directly competing to M2C. I’ll get the M2C over CTR every time if they cost the same.
Perfect. Congrats. $70k is absurd.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
The SGP often looks like flat concrete gray in photos, but there's so much going on with it in person in daylight. I love the blue-ish flecks that dance in the sunlight.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
The SGP often looks like flat concrete gray in photos, but there's so much going on with it in person in daylight. I love the blue-ish flecks that dance in the sunlight.
Boost blue also has the same effects changes tons of different shade depending on lighting I love mine.Its a flasher color obviously ??

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Boost blue also has the same effects changes tons of different shade depending on lighting I love mine.Its a flasher color obviously ??
I love BB, but my wife hates all my bright blue stuff.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just to play devil's advocate:

The number of $70,000 cars worldwide that have a better shifting experience than the Type R is 0.

The number of $70,000 cars worldwide that have better handling than the Type R is 0.

The number of $70,000 cars that will be as reliable as the Type R or hold their value as well is 0.

What buying a different $70,000 car gets you is garbage performance and a leather interior with some obscure tech that Kia will have in 9 months in their $16,000 car.

The # of $70,000 cars worldwide that have usable backseats while having a similar level of track performance is 0. The Type R does beat the M2, M3, M4, GT350R, and RS3 on the track in case anyone is forgetting. It even beats the first gen Audi R8. There's a lot of misinformed people that have absolutely no idea how much of a game changer this car was. A novice putting their foot down on the street in a drag race has absolutely no idea what this car is about. Likewise, someone in a regular 10th gen or an Si has absolutely no idea what this car is capable of.

The Limited Edition is a collector's item. The price is targeting collectors, not random people just trying to buy a car.

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to play devil's advocate:

The number of $70,000 cars worldwide that have a better shifting experience than the Type R is 0.

The number of $70,000 cars worldwide that have better handling than the Type R is 0.

The number of $70,000 cars that will be as reliable as the Type R or hold their value as well is 0.

What buying a different $70,000 car gets you is garbage performance and a leather interior with some obscure tech that Kia will have in 9 months in their $16,000 car.

The # of $70,000 cars worldwide that have usable backseats while having a similar level of track performance is 0. The Type R does beat the M2, M3, M4, GT350R, and RS3 on the track in case anyone is forgetting. It even beats the first gen Audi R8. There's a lot of misinformed people that have absolutely no idea how much of a game changer this car was. A novice putting their foot down on the street in a drag race has absolutely no idea what this car is about. Likewise, someone in a regular 10th gen or an Si has absolutely no idea what this car is capable of.

The Limited Edition is a collector's item. The price is targeting collectors, not random people just trying to buy a car.

Your list absolutely holds up for a normal $39k CTR. At 70k, there are at least 10 other cars I'd rather own.

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
Congrats on the CTR SGP (50 shades of gray), best feeling in the world is when your driving your CTR off that dealer lot going home...surprised you didn't use painters tape on your front bumper driving that far home!

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the CTR SGP (50 shades of gray), best feeling in the world is when your driving your CTR off that dealer lot going home...surprised you didn't use painters tape on your front bumper driving that far home!
Hahaha……thought about it and done it before. But I daily 120 miles on the interstate, sooner or later I will have some stone chips even with PPF.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Congrats! I tried working with them but they didn't want to sell at/near MSRP when I tried about two months ago. Luckily another dealer in NY was able to hook me up. #TeamSGP!

I requested the dealer not to touch the car at all and to leave all the protective goodies on there. That was so satisfying to peel off :yes:
Sponsored