Finally took delivery of my 2018

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Well, I finally took delivery of my Modern Metallic Steel Si. It was actually my first time even seeing inside one, let alone driving one. I knew I would be ok with it...and there are just no other commuter options that kill it on fun and fuel economy. I picked it up at the dealership and went straight to work....but did my first "mod" during lunch (besides adding those SWEET 3D Maxpider floormats)....I removed that UGLY ARSE license plate and holder. Geeze that thing really uglies up the front. It isn't legal in this state, but we've been driving three of our rigs like that for years....knock on wood (actually just did under my desk here at work) and no issues. Now I just have to find some bumper plugs that are color matched and not $30....I am pretty sure that if I buy unpainted and try to do the color match, it will look like poo. Here are the ones I found for those looking. I am still looking for others because I've heard these, while better than empty holes, are kinda big. Can't wait for my Ktuner and and and...

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11_101

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took delivery of my 2018 20181102_173547

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took delivery of my 2018 20181102_112347

Last edited:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
congratulation you finally got her!

i agree about having the plate mounted on the front, fuck that shit i also took that shit off immediatly.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
you plan on doing ktuner or flashpro?

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you plan on doing ktuner or flashpro?
Ktuner all the way. I am going to keep the mods somewhat to a minimum. I already have a street/track/race car.....but it's just SO difficult to leave it alone. I will start with a tuner, then work on lowering IATs. I am pretty sure if I save data logs proving that prior to the mods, the IAT and heat soak was way worse than after, they may not jump on me should warranty work need done. It's just tough...I want to upgrade SO much...but then I remind myself....it's my daily driver...and my last daily driver I did that to ended up a purpose built traffic assassin and I commute about 100 miles a day total....

69L46Vert

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe, 2003 Civic DX, 1977 CJ5, 1969 Corvette, 1954 GMC 100, 2018 Toyota 4Runner, 1965 Volkswagen Beetle
Country flag
Sweet coupe Vooduu! Looks great.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride! Iā€™ll be in the same boat come spring :thumbsup:. Personally if youā€™re OCD about the bumper plugs, definitely go with the $27 ones. Otherwise Iā€™ve seen it done for under $15 with touch up paint.

What made you decide on Modern Steel? Iā€™m torn between this color and Aegean Blue.

Any pictures of those floor mats? Iā€™ve heard mixed reviews on them. Iā€™m curious how they look. So far so good?

redwineforme

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2004 Civic Si, 1996 Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice, I have the same one except it's a four door.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Looks great! Congratulations!

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride! Iā€™ll be in the same boat come spring :thumbsup:. Personally if youā€™re OCD about the bumper plugs, definitely go with the $27 ones. Otherwise Iā€™ve seen it done for under $15 with touch up paint.

What made you decide on Modern Steel? Iā€™m torn between this color and Aegean Blue.

Any pictures of those floor mats? Iā€™ve heard mixed reviews on them. Iā€™m curious how they look. So far so good?
Well, in my state, I had the choice of Black or nothing....but my dealership was getting the last 18 Modern Metallic Steel and I was worried (at the time) that the 19 Si might get the same downgrade in appearance (my opinion only) that the other Civics got. So back in September, I put the $$ down on it. And I love the color. Just got out of my rig today and ended up in a good conversation with an older gentlemen who commented on how much he liked the car.

Looks like I will just buy the plugs from the link above....and if I really don't like them I could always give doing another set myself...maybe even modify them to where they aren't so bumpy looking...just for fun.

As for the floor mats....I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I cannot speak to the long term on them, but I got the full set, front and rear. The fit and finish actually dress up the interior bits quite nicely. Looks far better than the stock carpet which is just fuzzy, and as you can tell from the pics, there's a reason I bought them. I have a gravel driveway and also let my 37 chickens out every morning before work...so I needed 100% coverage and to be waterproof. I DID NOT want "truck style" mats in there. And honestly, after seeing how well these work, I am tossing my full set of Limited Jeep Hemi Commander mats and buying another set. Needless to say, I believe these are the bee knees and I found a great price on Amazon. Attached will show some pics...all that crap would have been ground right into my carpet...unacceptable. Shoes will never touch my carpet...ever...will always look new.

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took delivery of my 2018 20181103_131801

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took delivery of my 2018 20181103_131648

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took delivery of my 2018 20181103_131700

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took delivery of my 2018 20181103_131725

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Well, in my state, I had the choice of Black or nothing....but my dealership was getting the last 18 Modern Metallic Steel and I was worried (at the time) that the 19 Si might get the same downgrade in appearance (my opinion only) that the other Civics got. So back in September, I put the $$ down on it. And I love the color. Just got out of my rig today and ended up in a good conversation with an older gentlemen who commented on how much he liked the car.

Looks like I will just buy the plugs from the link above....and if I really don't like them I could always give doing another set myself...maybe even modify them to where they aren't so bumpy looking...just for fun.

As for the floor mats....I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I cannot speak to the long term on them, but I got the full set, front and rear. The fit and finish actually dress up the interior bits quite nicely. Looks far better than the stock carpet which is just fuzzy, and as you can tell from the pics, there's a reason I bought them. I have a gravel driveway and also let my 37 chickens out every morning before work...so I needed 100% coverage and to be waterproof. I DID NOT want "truck style" mats in there. And honestly, after seeing how well these work, I am tossing my full set of Limited Jeep Hemi Commander mats and buying another set. Needless to say, I believe these are the bee knees and I found a great price on Amazon. Attached will show some pics...all that crap would have been ground right into my carpet...unacceptable. Shoes will never touch my carpet...ever...will always look new.

20181103_131801.jpg

20181103_131648.jpg

20181103_131700.jpg

20181103_131725.jpg
Those mats look awesome! Definitely dresses up the interior a bit.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those mats look awesome! Definitely dresses up the interior a bit.
And the best part....never having to vacuum again. With how fuzzy and black the carpet is, it would be SO hard to keep clean. These really look fantastic and work a treat.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
anything is better than the hfp red mats. after a year theyll look blackish red.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
anything is better than the hfp red mats. after a year theyll look blackish red.
Red carpet, seats and dash are one of my most hated of interior colors...then blue...like they did in the S2000....HORRID. I do however, LOVE black with red stitching....that is boss.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Red carpet, seats and dash are one of my most hated of interior colors...then blue...like they did in the S2000....HORRID. I do however, LOVE black with red stitching....that is boss.
i totally agree. i always felt that thats how they should have made the hfp mats for this gen.

display99x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 GenCoupe Track
Country flag
Thank you! I was looking for good floor mat and these look great. Just purchased a set. :headbang:
Sponsored