Finally took a (mostly smooth) Si test drive!

lotuskid731

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Aegean Blue Si Coupe, ‘06 Ford Ranger XL
Country flag
Hey all!

I've got my heart set on a 2020 Si Coupe (Aegean Blue, if you must know <3), and finally got the courage up to test drive an Si model yesterday! It was a 2018 sedan in white, but I mainly wanted to test the seat comfort and solidity of the thing, considering it'll be my daily driver and I put down 30-40,000 miles a year.

Coming from a 2011 Mazda2 economy car, its vastly more comfortable and well-built than I'm used to. While the dealer only gave me 20 minutes to test drive the Si, I was able to find a cloverleaf interchange and a stretch of broken road to explore. I could feel the LSD when punching it mid-corner, and the suspension and insulation is as largely expected (fantastic, with a bit of traditional Honda wind/road noise). The close-ratios of the stock manual transmission was a delight to experience, and overall I'm sold. Sign me up.

Living in Northern California, there's not a large supply of vehicles within a day's drive of me, so I'm not expecting to score a vast deal on one (yes, I've religiously read and studied all of the 'What Price Did You Pay' threads :p), but I'm okay with that.

Weirdest part of it, I nearly didn't get a test drive. The car threw a wide array of dummy error lights before my appointment, and immediately after I left the dealer. All tech systems lit up amber, telling me they'd failed. Brakes, Cruise, Electric Power Steering, etc., all of 'em. That was interesting, though they hadn't actually failed.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my story with y'all. I'm excited to join the Si clan at some point this year! Cheers! :beer:
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
LOL!, the car I upgraded from was a Mazda2 as well!
Fun car in the canyons, was yours a manual too?

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took a (mostly smooth) Si test drive! 4

OP
OP
lotuskid731

lotuskid731

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Aegean Blue Si Coupe, ‘06 Ford Ranger XL
Country flag
LOL!, the car I upgraded from was a Mazda2 as well!
Fun car in the canyons, was yours a manual too?

4.jpg
Naturally! Yes, it’s the manual and all 2,300 pounds of it is fun to drive in the foothills! Old, loud, and I’ve outgrown it a bit, but with an upgraded rear sway bar and a short shifter it’s a fun car to drive at 10/10ths!

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally took a (mostly smooth) Si test drive! 0121306D-9892-4B4B-B2C5-83419B45DD6A

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
That picture is the perfect setting for a Mazda2!
Twisty roads.
Mine had the Racing Beat sway bars on both ends too!
Sponsored