AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I finally installed the switchback led side markers for my EX. I didn’t take pictures or video but when I get a chance I will and update this post.

This is the one I bought
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152706605614

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! Switchback side marker Amber at night and blink with turn signal 31E3CAB6-A209-4CD0-8A2D-AD3E310F3920

HOW DOES IT WORK?:

The side marker turns amber when parking lights or headlight is on. When you turn signal on with the parking lights or headlight on, the side marker blinks but alternates with the turn signal (signal ON-marker OFF, signal OFF-marker ON)
When you turn signal on with the parking lights or headlight off, the side marker blinks WITH the turn signal (same sequence, won’t alternate)

NOTE: I did not use the white LEDs of the switchback (it’s illegal to have white side marker/parking lamps where I live) but if you want you can connect it to your DRL for the day (I didn’t want to)

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! Switchback side marker Amber at night and blink with turn signal 6F15990E-4CDC-4196-B14B-F706AE60D916

HOW TO WIRE IT?:
1. Cut the white LED wire (because I didn’t use it, remember?)
Connect the red AMBER wire to the positive (+) of the 194/T10 connector of the switchback side marker.

2. Cut the ground wire.
Connect the ground wire from the switchback side marker to the positive wire of the turn signal.

NOTE: the positive wire of the turn signal is ground by default (I checked with multimeter) giving ground to the side marker. It goes hot whenever your turn signal blinks.

The switchback that I bought, the red amber led wire can be ground or positive which will make the black ground wire ground or positive. Meaning you can connect the black wire to (+) and red signal wire to (-) and it will still light amber.

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! Switchback side marker Amber at night and blink with turn signal D29E620E-BAAD-4873-B950-8FB12DFBD508

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! Switchback side marker Amber at night and blink with turn signal 55CA86D9-1E14-48F5-9B51-D2B3FA59EF51

**There’s also another way to do this with diodes and resistors.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Show some video in action.

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Will this only work on a non-touring model?
It should work for touring as well. Just find the positive (+) wire of the turn signal in the headlights and you should be good.

SonicGreyStorm

Manual transmission for life...
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Turbo 6sp MT
Country flag
I'm confused cuz I'm a new Civic owner but what exactly did this accomplish so those stay on all the time when you have your headlights on? But still function as a blinker also...

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm confused cuz I'm a new Civic owner but what exactly did this accomplish so those stay on all the time when you have your headlights on? But still function as a blinker also...
Yes. It just adds a blinker capability to your side marker whether headlight is on or off.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Idk why this only showed now. I've been looking for this for SO LONG!! Thanks, whoever posted here!!

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Did you have to soder anything? or was it basically plug and play
No soldering. Plug n play witn a few wire stripping and connecting. I didn’t cut any of the car’s wires either just in case one day I wanna take it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! Switchback side marker Amber at night and blink with turn signal A505BBC6-B107-4AEB-BBB9-98F3C41475D5

OP
OP
ambitiousal

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Idk why this only showed now. I've been looking for this for SO LONG!! Thanks, whoever posted here!!
You’re welcome. I have a lot more tricks on my car that I see people ask for but it’s just having the time to post them for people.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I think you've essentially said this but I'm dense so... You are using factory side markers and just tying into the turn signal wiring? Anything else fancy or is it as simple as it seems? Is the 194/T10 connector already part of the stock assembly?

If it's this easy you, sir, are a wicked genius! Well done!

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Wow looks awesome! I personally don't think cops give a dam about minor DOT regulations like amber side markers, even with white LEDs. Thoughts?

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
No soldering. Plug n play witn a few wire stripping and connecting. I didn’t cut any of the car’s wires either just in case one day I wanna take it out.

A505BBC6-B107-4AEB-BBB9-98F3C41475D5.jpeg
Use heat shrinks and not wrapped electrical tape on the wires, makes for a much neater and pro job.
Sponsored