Finally saw a Civic Hatch in person...

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Initially when I saw the pics especially from people's smart phones the proportions looked off to me. The rear in particular.

In person, it looks good. I think the lens' distortion throws it off kilter in pics.

The models were either EX or EX-L. As for colors, the dealership had a Sonic Gray, white and black model. Though I still wish the sonic gray had either more pearl in it or more matte - it's not as bad when you're standing in front of it.

The white which I initally liked looks too plain and frankly plasticky with all the black bits. The black integrates all the faux vents better but I just can't wrestle with the idea of driving an all-black car in south Texas. Too dang hot. Plus, I wished that Honda blacked out the chrome trim along the doorframe and windows. Would look much nicer.

For a moment, I thought about taking a hit on my lease and getting a hatch but then reminded myself that the Si versions will be coming out. Gonna wait and see.

Sorry, didn't snap any pics but everyone here knows what the hatches look like!
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I saw a white one pulling out of a parking lot the other day. I thought it looked pretty good except it had those dark grey wheels that looked like garbage. Looked like an older car with missing hubcaps.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I got to sit in one - it feels bigger with the taller roof line. And it will hold my bicycle I am sure. I really like it and am for sure getting one after they have been out awhile. It will be so functional.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Initially when I saw the pics especially from people's smart phones the proportions looked off to me. The rear in particular.

In person, it looks good. I think the lens' distortion throws it off kilter in pics.

The models were either EX or EX-L. As for colors, the dealership had a Sonic Gray, white and black model. Though I still wish the sonic gray had either more pearl in it or more matte - it's not as bad when you're standing in front of it.

The white which I initally liked looks too plain and frankly plasticky with all the black bits. The black integrates all the faux vents better but I just can't wrestle with the idea of driving an all-black car in south Texas. Too dang hot. Plus, I wished that Honda blacked out the chrome trim along the doorframe and windows. Would look much nicer.

For a moment, I thought about taking a hit on my lease and getting a hatch but then reminded myself that the Si versions will be coming out. Gonna wait and see.

Sorry, didn't snap any pics but everyone here knows what the hatches look like!
You still haven't completed your honeymoon with the 2016 Civic listed on your profile. I don't get it, it's the same turbo in the hatch as it is in your non-hatch and you want a divorce before the ink on the marriage license has dried.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
You still haven't completed your honeymoon with the 2016 Civic listed on your profile. I don't get it, it's the same turbo in the hatch as it is in your non-hatch and you want a divorce before the ink on the marriage license has dried.
You realized you bumped a thread from last October, right?? Not the best financial decision, but some people bought the 10th generation waiting for the Si, or Type R.