Finally official: Turbo EX-T gets manual transmission (sedan and coupe)

ZDigital2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Civic, 1992 Honda Accord, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek
it looks like the manual is only for the ex-t, not the touring
Because the Civic Touring comes standard with the Honda Sensing safety suite, the Touring trim level will likely never see a manual transmission offered.
Sponsored

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
LOL Sedan with CVT Turbos rated at 32/42/36 now and you hoes thought it was gonna go down hard like the hatch due to updated EPA regs.
Not quite sure how to interpret this statement, but I guess I'm still a bit perplexed by the number of people on this site who actually care or even notice plus or minus a couple MPGs. A gallon of gas has been remained below $2.00 for the longest in decades, and is not expected to change much any time soon. I personally couldn't care less.

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
So if i get EX-T 6MT sedan instead of Sport hatch I get:

heated seats & side mirrors
moonroof
Smart Entry & Push Botton Start
Variable intermittent wipers
Dual zone climate control
Dynamic rear view camera
Lanewatch
7" screen, 8 speaker 180W, Carplay, HD Radio etc
1.5A front charging USB port
Driver Information interface

You give up the hatchback, dual exhaust. Price is probably about the same, maybe slightly more for EX-T 6MT?

I prefer the look and utility of the hatch, but it's very tempting. Probably the moonroof is the deciding factor, I need the headroom.
If the Civc Sedan EX-T manual does well in the states, I would bet Honda will release a Sport Hatch next year in a trim equivalent to the EX-T--with all those added goodies.

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Ugh, the stock pedals aren't as fun as the Hatch's Sport. But I guess that's an easy replacement if desired?

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally official: Turbo EX-T gets manual transmission (sedan and coupe) 8JIAxs

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
0-60 better with manual? We need to see a CVT vs Manual race..

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Also I have no experience with electric parking brake, which I'll most likely need for uphill start. I hope it's not jolty.
All CivicX models come with Hill Start Assist, which continues holding brake pressure momentarily after you release the brake pedal to prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards while the vehicle is stopped on a hill. It works automatically, no buttons or anything to activate it.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If i had to guess, manual will launch harder, be quicker off the line, but the CVT being able to keep the 1.5T in the optimal rev range for power (as well as no power loss during shift points) will have the CVT edge out the manual in after some distance
Looks like you are correct, and it jibes with what we've seen the X do against the 9th gen Si.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Looks like you are correct, and it jibes with what we've seen the X do against the 9th gen Si.
Uhh, he's not correct, the manual is 1.5 sec faster on the circuit lap. That's a huge gap on a 1 min lap.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Uhh, he's not correct, the manual is 1.5 sec faster on the circuit lap. That's a huge gap on a 1 min lap.
I think this may be able to be accounted for by the fact that everyone who races has perfected gear changes. They may not be as proficient with keeping the power on in the cvt. Throttle dampening means you need to be on the power out of the corners sooner than in the manual, etc. Just a possibility, the manual very well could be faster around a circuit.

Edit: this is actually demonstrated by the different lap tests, in which the cvts lap time improves by an entire second where as the Mt stays relatively the same.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
After looking at the features comparison of the different trims, I was surprised to see EX-T manual has "Remote Engine Start" feature. Typically only autos/cvts get the remote starter, wonder if this is a typo. They also left out the Curb Weight for the EX-T manual, assume it will be about 9lbs less like the LX trim.

Can any dealer rep confirm the EX-T manual has "Remote Engine Start" feature ?

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the summary images, the two gen X cars are only .5 seconds off on the lap. 1.05.3 vs 1.05.8, .5 is "within the noise".

I didn't watch the video since I don't speak Chinese; is there another point where they are farther apart?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the summary images, the two gen X cars are only .5 seconds off on the lap. 1.05.3 vs 1.05.8, .5 is "within the noise".

I didn't watch the video since I don't speak Chinese; is there another point where they are farther apart?
You also have to take into account, these are at least semi-professional drivers. In the real world, with real people who aren't professional drivers i'd say a race would come down to individual driver skill and how well the manual driver can shift quickly and on point for the power band, numbers that close would mean races would be a total toss up to driving conditions and driver skill.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The thing is, how many people are buying Civics to take out on the track? Most people will buy the CVT because it is easy to drive in day to day traffic. And it is basically as quick as the manual. The manual definitely gives more control and no doubt it will sell in small numbers to enthusiasts. I've driven manual cars for over 25 years but I'm at the point where I'm ok with the convenience of an auto.
Sponsored