CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
on backorder (for triple the cost, wow), but thank you for letting me know, ill keep an eye on it (lol and I just bought the regular splash guards too...I think Ill also see if they can be painted by asking the dealership what paint shop they use and if they can't or I dont get an answer i might go with the glossy ones)
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (polished metal)
I sanded mine, then did primer, gloss black, and gloss clear coat - all regular Rustoleum from Home Depot.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
on backorder (for triple the cost, wow), but thank you for letting me know, ill keep an eye on it (lol and I just bought the regular splash guards too...I think Ill also see if they can be painted by asking the dealership what paint shop they use and if they can't or I dont get an answer i might go with the glossy ones)
For some reasons the Honda accessories parts are expensive in Japan to begin with, especially for those that are factory painted. I think it'd be cheaper if you get your local paint shop to have yours professionally painted.

Here ya go:

EDDEF9AD-A35B-431D-AD11-0614E68DBE8D.jpeg

664A3805-535C-4BD8-9606-A35AF150D654.jpeg

2A214638-EE3D-49F7-AD4B-C16AB60F437A.jpeg

F2C50A4E-E232-472A-814F-268664A03882.jpeg
I think you need couple more coats of primer to smooth out the texture in order to bring up the glossiness.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (polished metal)
It looks like its peeling off too
Yeah, I think either more primer or more sanding (or both). It’s not really peeling too bad - my daughter thought it’d be funny to stick a piece of tape on it while she was “helping daddy work”. :) I probably should’ve had them done by a paint shop, but I was kind of just trying a DIY thing. I may order the gloss ones if I can find them on eBay for a decent price at some point.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to professional paint shops, they say because the guards are textured that even if they did the painting, it wouldnt look the same no matter what they do and itd be a waste of money
The surface on the bumper cover of early 90s Honda are textured as well. Those current painted splash guards offered in Japan or those you are seeing on Acura have textured surface too, but the final top coat is smooth with textured surface underneath.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
Still my locals aren't gonna do it, so I think I'm just gonna return the set I got and buy the rally armor universal fits (the rakuten link is for a sedan upon closer inspection)

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I know this may be a stupid question, but would having them wrapped in gloss black not work? Or maybe the wrap wouldn't hold up well to the debris?

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Hey guys, I know this may be a stupid question, but would having them wrapped in gloss black not work? Or maybe the wrap wouldn't hold up well to the debris?
I'm pretty sure eventually a rock or something gonna dig through the wrap. I just got mine in the mail and was thinking the same, but I'll just install it as is

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
To anyone who has took them to the dealer to install these, how much did they charge for labor? I got a loyalty card from Honda as my dealer wasn't the best at keeping my car looking "new" so I might as well use it on installing these since I'll have no other reason to spend $100 there.
Sponsored