amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Naw... the day after I retire from the military, I have to grow up and get a real job. I ran off to join up after 9/11 and every time it came time to re-enlist or get out, I decided I just loved it too much to give it up. I plan I’m working until either I can’t work anymore or money is such that I don’t have to work anymore to maintain a standard of living that allows me to reasonably do anything I want AND working is taking me away from doing the things I enjoy. I’m a creature of pressure... like a deep sea animal that’d literally explode if it came too shallow. If I didn’t have a job, I’d be volunteering away much of my spare time just to stay busy and feel like I was accomplishing something.

You're lucky you have a job you love. I’m getting old to continue doing the submarine thing... and there are fewer days ahead than behind. I’m not sure I’ll find something that’ll ever compare when I’m done. I just wrapped up a bachelors degree program I worked on while on shore duty, to try and make myself more valuable/relevant on the outside. Degree is supposed to be here in March. I hope there’ll be something that doesn’t bore me to tears, regardless of the money involved, when it’s time to grow up. I’m not feeling very hopeful...
Optimism my friend. The cup is always half full
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Optimism my friend. The cup is always half full
Ha! The company that I work at advertisement slogan is the “ Glass is Half Full “ now since they filled for
Chapter 11 now the glass is almost empty! Yeah I guess the K-tuner is on the back burner for now :(

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ha! The company that I work at advertisement slogan is the “ Glass is Half Full “ now since they filled for
Chapter 11 now the glass is almost empty! Yeah I guess the K-tuner is on the back burner for now :(
Sorry to hear that. Due to the Trump tariff war with China, some of our start-ups are having trouble raising money, as 60 percent of the investment money that flows into Silicone Valley is from Chinese companies. One of our companies, which just had a huge breakthrough, did it on mainly Chinese investments, is hoping to raise it's next round, but a lot of investors are skittish with money from China being locked up. Anyway, just remain optimistic, if this opportunity goes away then there will always be others! That is my experience, I have survived numerous downturns that seemed career ending

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Same. I don't have the Si yet (should happen within the next 1-2 weeks) but I'm fully prepared for all of my friends & family to immediately assume I've gone into full-on mid-life crisis mode. Can't even imagine how they'd react if I went with an R. That car is on another level entirely, in every way.
Have fun with your upcoming New Si. Also there are tons of mods and accessories for this car. It will leave a smile on your face.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is my mindset as well. Honestly about 75% of my reasoning on why I decided against buying the new supra. I just dont trust euro cars. I just wish toyota or lexus would come out with an updated version of the ISF. That car was perfection.
The new Supra is my current crush right now lol. Yes I know it's a BMW power train, but their quick and that body is hottttttt!

May be I'm trying to live my late teen again lol:)

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually the C5 Corvette and on are true American performance cars. They can hang with and out compete most European performance cars, curvy roads and all. And they have very reliable engines, and parts are cheap. They shouldn't really have the bad name they have. I wouldn't buy one because I might as well wear a t-shirt saying "Midlife crisis"
Those LS1 motors are easy to work on and still strong aftermarket performance market for them.

As I am aging I would rather have a RC F or IS F. Even the new Supra is calling my name lol.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The problem I have with these high horsepower car like mustangs and camaros is the fact even the car it self can’t handle the horsepower like 500 700 and it comes out of the factory like that. Last week I was at the muscle car city car show some idiot in his bullitt mustang had to hole shot out of the parking lot on to the highway ( which traffic is going 65+ mph) and spin out of control. But once again marketing they don’t care
Like the stupid dodge commercials showing a challenger doing donuts in a parking yeah it a professional driver but show the end result when a non professional driver does it plus the quality build of these cars aren’t the best either :cool:

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
It's a long story, but the new Supra is reliable. Toyota drove BMW crazy and made them reengineer everything down to the last bolt
I'll have to do some more research on it then. I just figured with the bmw motor it was going to have long term issues.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll have to do some more research on it then. I just figured with the bmw motor it was going to have long term issues.
Here is a tear down of the Supra engine to see how reliable it is. It's designed differently than the traditional Z4 engine

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem I have with these high horsepower car like mustangs and camaros is the fact even the car it self can’t handle the horsepower like 500 700 and it comes out of the factory like that. Last week I was at the muscle car city car show some idiot in his bullitt mustang had to hole shot out of the parking lot on to the highway ( which traffic is going 65+ mph) and spin out of control. But once again marketing they don’t care
Like the stupid dodge commercials showing a challenger doing donuts in a parking yeah it a professional driver but show the end result when a non professional driver does it plus the quality build of these cars aren’t the best either :cool:
Good point and these new muscle cars are getting heavy. With that raw power takes driving skill and responsibility.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
....and its pretty awesome! I really want to thank @TypeSiR for allowing me...let me re-phrase that, giving me the pleasure of driving his Type R today. It's pretty much everything it's hyped up to be. If you really want to know where Honda put its money in, this is it. We drove it though the twisted roads of Carbon Canyon, and it handles the twists and turns like a pro. It's has so much power that when I was in 4th gear I kept thinking I was in third...and kept trying to shift down LOL! Rev matching is an awesome feature, although I had to get used to it because I kept thinking I had my foot on the gas. On the twisty inclines I never once had to go into second because....POWER. He installed the full Acuity shift kit, which completely changes the way the gears feel. The gears were all close together, it was like click, click, click and your shifting through the gears in no time. Other than that and a few cosmetic changes, this is a bone stock Civic Type R

Next we took my IS350 on the same run, and I let @TypeSiR drive. He can weigh on his experience on that. One last thing, there was pretty much very low road noise and I was expecting a bit of a harsher ride, but he changed out the 20" tires to 18" tires, which made the ride very smooth and quiet. Some handling may have been compromised, but since he does not take the car to the track, it doesn't really matter

Thanks again TypeSiR for allowing me the chance to experience a CTR. Now I can add this to my "cars I have driven" list

One more thing. This is a car where you definitely, 100 percent get people staring at you!
I'm glad you had a good time in the Type-R man. Is there anything you didn't like or liked better in the Si you had?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm glad you had a good time in the Type-R man. Is there anything you didn't like or liked better in the Si you had?
What I didn't like about the CTR is the styling, which is over the top. I also don't like the attention it brings, I can see people trying to race you all the time. For people my age who own it, it screams midlife crisis! That being said, most of the styling is functional and is the reason it performs so well

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I didn't like about the CTR is the styling, which is over the top. I also don't like the attention it brings, I can see people trying to race you all the time. For people my age who own it, it screams midlife crisis! That being said, most of the styling is functional and is the reason it performs so well
Everyone tries to race me, and usually I'm content with letting them have their 2 seconds of satisfaction because honestly it's not worth the bullshit. Although sometimes if I want to prove a point I'll oblige so long as I think I have a chance.

The styling I personally enjoy, but I hate blending into my surroundings in general, whether it be in how I dress or what car I drive, so I'm biased.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Everyone tries to race me, and usually I'm content with letting them have their 2 seconds of satisfaction because honestly it's not worth the bullshit. Although sometimes if I want to prove a point I'll oblige so long as I think I have a chance.

The styling I personally enjoy, but I hate blending into my surroundings in general, whether it be in how I dress or what car I drive, so I'm biased.
I actually did not mean to knock the styling, because it's actually mostly functional and what makes the car a monster on the track. As far as blending in, I don't want to be seen. When I drove the CTR on Friday, I saw a lot of stares... and I can see a future of people always wanting to race me! But all in all, I would advise anyone who owns one to hold on to it. It is 100 percent going to be a collector's items in 20 years. Some new age yuppie (or whatever they will be called in 20 years) from LA will pay $100k with daddy's money for one
Sponsored

Last edited: