amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
....and its pretty awesome! I really want to thank @TypeSiR for allowing me...let me re-phrase that, giving me the pleasure of driving his Type R today. It's pretty much everything it's hyped up to be. If you really want to know where Honda put its money in, this is it. We drove it though the twisted roads of Carbon Canyon, and it handles the twists and turns like a pro. It's has so much power that when I was in 4th gear I kept thinking I was in third...and kept trying to shift down LOL! Rev matching is an awesome feature, although I had to get used to it because I kept thinking I had my foot on the gas. On the twisty inclines I never once had to go into second because....POWER. He installed the full Acuity shift kit, which completely changes the way the gears feel. The gears were all close together, it was like click, click, click and your shifting through the gears in no time. Other than that and a few cosmetic changes, this is a bone stock Civic Type R

Next we took my IS350 on the same run, and I let @TypeSiR drive. He can weigh on his experience on that. One last thing, there was pretty much very low road noise and I was expecting a bit of a harsher ride, but he changed out the 20" tires to 18" tires, which made the ride very smooth and quiet. Some handling may have been compromised, but since he does not take the car to the track, it doesn't really matter

Thanks again TypeSiR for allowing me the chance to experience a CTR. Now I can add this to my "cars I have driven" list

EDIT

One more thing. This is a car where you definitely, 100 percent get people staring at you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got to drive a Type R upload_2020-2-14_15-34-14

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got to drive a Type R upload_2020-2-14_15-35-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got to drive a Type R upload_2020-2-14_15-36-13

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got to drive a Type R upload_2020-2-14_15-37-33

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@TypeSiR We'll be needing your comments on how the IS350 drove now...:bat:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you go to Starbucks
Yes we did. We met there, and than proceeded to Carbon Canyon Road, which is nearby, than afterwards I had a Latte, tall, because when you say small they say "do you mean tall?" Go figure

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have a friend that still has the plastic on his 2016 vehicle's radio and I want to punch him in the face every time I see him.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a friend that still has the plastic on his 2016 vehicle's radio and I want to punch him in the face every time I see him.
I didn't notice that when I was in the car, it shows more prominently in the pic! My wife and daughter both never remove plastic from everything from phones to electronics, and it does cause my OCD levels to rise

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you sure it wasn't just other brown people staring at you because you're brown? Indians love to randomly stare at each other for some reason.
Haha I would agree with you but there were no other Indians in the vicinity. Now that I think about it, not seeing another Indian is kind of strange....

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I didn't notice that when I was in the car, it shows more prominently in the pic! My wife and daughter both never remove plastic from everything from phones to electronics, and it does cause my OCD levels to rise
It drives me mad. Glad I'm not the only crazy one.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@TypeSiR We'll be needing your comments on how the IS350 drove now...:bat:
Yes! Finally had a chance to meet the legendary Amirza786! Thank you, sir, for buying coffee. The wife took off to NorCal so I did the next best thing and met up with the kind gentleman for an afternoon of cruising and chitchat (about cars, Bernie, and Trump).

I'm so hyped after the drive that, without reservation, recommend the IS350 (automatic) to anyone who wants a comfortable, yet sporty car, for daily commute. Nothing beats NA goodness off the line and the IS350 has it in spades. It's got a comfortable ride for long trips, yet firm enough to attack those twisties. To top it off, service and reliability are top-notch from the big L. We both agree, pre-owned is the best way to go for anyone ready for an upgrade.

Personally, no shame in praising a different make on a Honda forum. I'm just a guy who likes good and fun sporty cars. And the IS350 is an excellent fun and sporty car.:drive:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha. The door sill plastic is also still on there. It only has 1800 miles. I was saving it for the next buyer as I initially wanted to sell it this winter but changed my mind after upgrading to Acuity full shifter; it's a game changer.

Will remove plastic shortly. I promise :)

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes! Finally had a chance to meet the legendary Amirza786! Thank you, sir, for buying coffee. The wife took off to NorCal so I did the next best thing and met up with the kind gentleman for an afternoon of cruising and chitchat (about cars, Bernie, and Trump).

I'm so hyped after the drive that, without reservation, recommend the IS350 (automatic) to anyone who wants a comfortable, yet sporty car, for daily commute. Nothing beats NA goodness off the line and the IS350 has it in spades. It's got a comfortable ride for long trips, yet firm enough to attack those twisties. To top it off, service and reliability are top-notch from the big L. We both agree, pre-owned is the best way to go for anyone ready for an upgrade.

Personally, no shame in praising a different make on a Honda forum. I'm just a guy who likes good and fun sporty cars. And the IS350 is an excellent fun and sporty car.:drive:
I have to correct my friend @TypeSiR here: it was a Tall Americano. This is Starbucks dammit. Yuppie Coffee at it's finest (the hipsters now only drink and go to Blue Bottle Coffee)!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to correct my friend @TypeSiR here: it was a Tall Americano. This is Starbucks dammit. Yuppie Coffee at it's finest (the hipsters now only drink and go to Blue Bottle Coffee)!
My bad. I only go there once in a blue moon. The only thing I know how to order in there is "regular coffee" after staring at the menu for 5 minutes. Pathetic. I know. :banghead:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha. The door sill plastic is also still on there. It only has 1800 miles. I was saving it for the next buyer as I initially wanted to sell it this winter but changed my mind after upgrading to Acuity full shifter; it's a game changer.

Will remove plastic shortly. I promise :)
I will totally agree with that statement. I was thinking at first that the CTR had a superior gearbox over the Si's, but it is the Acuity shifter kit that transformed the shifting experience, making it pleasant. It's literally one small smooth click from gear to gear, making shifting fast and easy. I guess the additional cost of making the shifting experience better was not worth it to Honda
Sponsored