Finally got my Sport Touring!

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I hope so! Thanks for the vote of confidence for it! Haha! I'm sure it's much better than in the photos.
I can't seem to figure out how to post a new message through my iPhone, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Canadian Sport Touring has TPMS in the wheels. I'm looking for some winter rims and found some old 16" rims on Kijiji (I live in Quebec, so I definitely prefer a higher sidewall during the winter, given the endless potholes that seem more like sinkholes or portals to another universe) but am unfamiliar with TPMS. Is TPMS just on the valve itself?
Sponsored

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
I can't seem to figure out how to post a new message through my iPhone, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Canadian Sport Touring has TPMS in the wheels. I'm looking for some winter rims and found some old 16" rims on Kijiji (I live in Quebec, so I definitely prefer a higher sidewall during the winter, given the endless potholes that seem more like sinkholes or portals to another universe) but am unfamiliar with TPMS. Is TPMS just on the valve itself?
TPMS on the 16+ Civic works by hub sensor. No more valve stem sensors to replace and destroy with every tire change.
Or at least, that's what i've come to learn. I could be off a little on the exact location. I do know it isn't the stem though.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
TPMS on the 16+ Civic works by hub sensor. No more valve stem sensors to replace and destroy with every tire change.
Or at least, that's what i've come to learn. I could be off a little on the exact location. I do know it isn't the stem though.
Does this include the Canadian models? I know that in the past I've had Civics that had TPMS in the US but the same model in Canada didn't have TPMS (or even foglights, for that matter, haha).

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this include the Canadian models? I know that in the past I've had Civics that had TPMS in the US but the same model in Canada didn't have TPMS (or even foglights, for that matter, haha).
That I cannot confirm. Common sense would want me to say yes, however, if I had a dollar for everytime I car manufacturer did not use common sense... Well... I'd still be driving my old ITR. Lol.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Ha is that why my car has been yelling at me tire pressure low for a month now and tires are fine?

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha is that why my car has been yelling at me tire pressure low for a month now and tires are fine?
...Did you...Did you push the TPMS button??? :rofl:
Yes that's why. When you change tires, wheels, or both you have to push the reset button to recalibrate. It's right below (or above, IDR) the traction control button near your left knee on the dash. Well, on the LX model it is. Other models seem to use the radio for EVERYTHING which is why I like my LX. Wish I had heated seats/mirrors and a 542 watt 12-speaker system though...

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Yes that's why. When you change tires, wheels, or both you have to push the reset button to recalibrate. It's right below (or above, IDR) the traction control button near your left knee on the dash. Well, on the LX model it is. Other models seem to use the radio for EVERYTHING which is why I like my LX. Wish I had heated seats/mirrors and a 542 watt 12-speaker system though...

Ha I will try that. I been working a ton so I been ignoring reading the manual

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No Canadian Civics have TPMS.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I don't have that button near my left knee ha