nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I’ve been calling dealers all over the nation during the past month and I told myself I’m not paying a dime over the sticker for this sexy hatch. Some dealers even ask over $60,000 for the CTR (CTR is great, but I’d rather get an M2C for that much). Finally, I got a dealer willing to sell a sonic grey one to me at MSRP ($39k) with no other fees/markup, not even doc fees. Initially they ask $5000 over, but I said if you do MSRP, I’ll pay cash now. We shake hands 5 mins later. I’m so happy. Guys, there are dealers willing to work with you, don’t pay over the sticker. Good luck everyone!
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations! It's a good feeling to finally be done, and once you're actually signing the papers it's satisfying to know that you didn't fork over any unnecessary money because you stuck to your guns.

Was sonic grey the color you wanted or did you just pull the trigger because of the price?

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations! It's a good feeling to finally be done, and once you're actually signing the papers it's satisfying to know that you didn't fork over any unnecessary money because you stuck to your guns.

Was sonic grey the color you wanted or did you just pull the trigger because of the price?
Yeah. The salesperson said all of these dealers asking $10-20k over are delusional and they are going to sell them later this year close to MSRP anyway and it damage their reputation without any gain.

He also said the 10th gen CTR is so hot now because everyone is afraid Honda is going to screw up the 11th gen CTR. AWD or hybrid stuff.

I was looking for boost blue or sonic grey. My wife doesn’t like the blue, so it’s a win win.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I’ve been calling dealers all over the nation during the past month and I told myself I’m not paying a dime over the sticker for this sexy hatch. Some dealers even ask over $60,000 for the CTR (CTR is great, but I’d rather get an M2C for that much). Finally, I got a dealer willing to sell a sonic grey one to me at MSRP ($39k) with no other fees/markup, not even doc fees. Initially they ask $5000 over, but I said if you do MSRP, I’ll pay cash now. We shake hands 5 mins later. I’m so happy. Guys, there are dealers willing to work with you, don’t pay over the sticker. Good luck everyone!
M2C for 60k? I thought they were like 80k plus 15k dealer mark up.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I paid about 1k over sticker for mine before I sold it for 2k more than that. The guy who bought it from me even asked how much money I was making from the deal lol.

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I paid about 1k over sticker for mine before I sold it for 2k more than that. The guy who bought it from me even asked how much money I was making from the deal lol.
How long did you have it and how many miles you put on the clock? Or you just flip the CTR right away?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
How long did you have it and how many miles you put on the clock? Or you just flip the CTR right away?
They are selling for a lot right now - to give you an idea I just sold mine to a dealer for $40k, and it was a 2019, stock, with 15k miles on it.

If you love it, keep it. I would have if it made any sense in my world but it was the right move to reduce the stable by one. Unfortunately the Type R didn't do any favors to my wife's back so it made the chopping block.

You're not going to find another stickshift performance car that does it all as well as this one does - I'd shelve the money talk and just enjoy your score. This is a special car -

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are selling for a lot right now - to give you an idea I just sold mine to a dealer for $40k, and it was a 2019, stock, with 15k miles on it.

If you love it, keep it. I would have if it made any sense in my world but it was the right move to reduce the stable by one. Unfortunately the Type R didn't do any favors to my wife's back so it made the chopping block.

You're not going to find another stickshift performance car that does it all as well as this one does - I'd shelve the money talk and just enjoy your score. This is a special car -
I’m not gonna flip it. I’m driving a 19 civic sport sedan with manual transmission daily, but the K20C2 is seriously underpowered. I’m getting the CTR now mainly because I feel Honda will screw up the 11th gen CTR after seeing the 11th gen civic sedan. If the front end is the same but have a scoop and vented bumper, they screwed it big time just like the 8th to 9th gen redesign. Don’t forgot Honda has the tradition for screwing up odd number gen civic.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

oh no, not you too :(

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8 2021
Country flag
I’m not gonna flip it. I’m driving a 19 civic sport sedan with manual transmission daily, but the K20C2 is seriously underpowered. I’m getting the CTR now mainly because I feel Honda will screw up the 11th gen CTR after seeing the 11th gen civic sedan. If the front end is the same but have a scoop and vented bumper, they screwed it big time just like the 8th to 9th gen redesign. Don’t forgot Honda has the tradition for screwing up odd number gen civic.
Maybe GM is now "pulling the trigger"

Manatee Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si; Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Country flag
Yeah. The salesperson said all of these dealers asking $10-20k over are delusional and they are going to sell them later this year close to MSRP anyway and it damage their reputation without any gain.
My "fever" finally broke concerning upgrading to a CTR. It is a nice car but for shit sake, it is still a Honda Civic! When I compared price/performance between the Si I own and the CTR, I realized that the Si is really the "sleeper" in terms of how relatively cheap it was to buy just 5 months ago. To the poster's point about the salesman's admonition about price gouging, I hope that many of the people on this list remember how shitty some of their local dealers are treating them and trying to load some people in a boat that is a sinking asset. I fully understand supply/demand issues but many of these dealers are just opportunistic pricks that don't give a shit about taking care of customers for the longer run. My take on it is that when things return to some "new normal" that many of us remember the "nauty" dealers and let them suck wind when purchasing a new car in the future. Rant over:banghead:

Last edited: