• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finally figured out why my side mirror is often slightly low

rmnovels

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Ever since I’ve had the car I’ve noticed that the side mirror is often a bit lower than I remember setting it to. I figured it was related to the reverse auto-tilt feature, but couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t returning all the way back to the original position.

Today I figured it out: after taking the car out of reverse, if you turn off the car before the mirror fully tilts back up to the original position it’ll stop at whatever position it’s currently at. When you turn the car back on, it doesn’t continue tilting back up to the previous position.

tl;dr: if you have reverse auto-tilt turned on, after taking the car out of reverse you have to wait for the mirror to fully tilt back up before turning the car off.

I realized that I didn’t have an issue with this in the TLX because the mirror positions are tied to the memory seat position and key pairing, so when I come back to the car it will automatically return to the preset position eve if it didn’t finish tilting back up before the car is turned off. Unfortunately, the mirror position in the Integra is not tied to the memory position, so that doesn’t happen for the Integra.
You're the best, dude! I knew I wasn't going crazy. Thanks for the fix!

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
The issue that is in this thread, is a different one, than what I see. I have never tried to turn the car off while mirror was returning to the position... The passenger side mirror on my car doesn't really return to exact position. It does return, almost fully, however it is a bit lower. Then next time, I am reversing, the mirror will tilt as usual and then in drive, the mirror returns back, but this time a bit lower than before. The more I reverse, the mirror gradually is getting lower. I have to adjust it manually every 2 to 3 days.

Last edited: