FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL)

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
A SD card is much much slower than your standard RAM. It wouldn’t really help speed up your device all that much. Your on-board memory is faster than a SD card (as it’s SSD or other types of flash storage), whereas your SD card, being slower, would negate the benefits of RAM. RAM is there because it’s faster than your storage. SD card isn’t, unless you’re using a 5600 RPM hard drive. But your car doesn’t have that, neither does your phone or tablet.
Sponsored

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A SD card is much much slower than your standard RAM. It wouldn’t really help speed up your device all that much. Your on-board memory is faster than a SD card (as it’s SSD or other types of flash storage), whereas your SD card, being slower, would negate the benefits of RAM. RAM is there because it’s faster than your storage. SD card isn’t, unless you’re using a 5600 RPM hard drive. But your car doesn’t have that, neither does your phone or tablet.
How much faster? Do you know the actual apeed of RAM? My ad card is the 95mbps ad card and there's a new one that's 300mbps

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How much faster? Do you know the actual apeed of RAM? My ad card is the 95mbps ad card and there's a new one that's 300mbps
Have you ever used an android tablet? The reader on the tablet won’t be a high speed SD Card reader. That’s why most phones nowadays don’t have SD card expandable storage anymore: it’s just not fast enough. Think of the Galaxy Note or the iPhone (which has never had expandable storage, due to the sluggish nature of it). Also, 300 Mbps is nowhere near even DDR2 speeds. It’s approx. 21.3 times slower than DDR2 and 42.7 times slower than DDR3...

Read the following:

“Just take an example (Simple Theoretical Explanation):

DDR2 800 MHz give bandwidth around 6.4Gbps (Even 3-4 years old PC have them.)
DDR3 1600 MHz gives bandwidth around 12.8Gbps. (Quite common these days)
DDR 4 is just around the corner and is going to be common in couple of years.

Now on contrary:
USB 1.1 bandwidth 12Mbps
USB 2.0 bandwidth 480Mbps
USB 3.0 bandwidth 5Gbps (USB starts supporting full duplex operations)

So you can see even current gen USB 3.0 is not even as fast as 5 years old DDR 2.”

(Post from 2014 from: https://www.quora.com/Why-we-cant-use-memory-cards-as-RAM)

Last edited:

ramnkc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hi,

anyone can extract their current radio apk? As i want to test it out whether its working on my HU as my current does not have RDS feature.

droidkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thinking about doing this. Is it possible to put on Google Play music? Sometimes I just don't want to plug my phone in and use Android Auto.

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Wonder if anyone has cracked open the headunit, would be nice if we could solder in additional RAM

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
now i combind file but on "did" , "eir" file no have ODBII data. What problem would it be if I did not enter data into the file? I do not dare to risk it.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG
If there is no data just leave it as is.

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
Think of the Galaxy Note or the iPhone (which has never had expandable storage, due to the sluggish nature of it)
they don't have an SD slot only because they want to charge you $XXX.xx more for extra XX gigs instead of just letting you have an option (for free! could you imagine that?!?) to go to the nearest Walmart and buy the same amount of gigabytes for $XX.xx (or even $X.xx on a sale)

non-greedy manufacturers allow you to record HD video directly on SD card. the speed is there. just don't be naive

sorry for the slight offtopic

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
they don't have an SD slot only because they want to charge you $XXX.xx more for extra XX gigs instead of just letting you have an option (for free! could you imagine that?!?) to go to the nearest Walmart and buy the same amount of gigabytes for $XX.xx (or even $X.xx on a sale)

non-greedy manufacturers allow you to record HD video directly on SD card. the speed is there. just don't be naive

sorry for the slight offtopic
I’m sorry. I will oppose you here. I’m a former photographer. In our cameras, most SD cards were MUCH too slow to record RAW photos (about 15-40MB) and that was in 2009. There are faster cards now, but the files are much larger too.

Think about HD and especially 4K video, as well as other files. MicroSD cards are just too slow (slower than regular SD Cards) to put in the latest superphones. The brands that have abandoned them have done so in order to not be accused of having laggy phones. It’s an image thing.

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
I’m sorry. I will oppose you here. I’m a former photographer. In our cameras, most SD cards were MUCH too slow to record RAW photos (about 15-40MB) and that was in 2009. There are faster cards now, but the files are much larger too.

Think about HD and especially 4K video, as well as other files. MicroSD cards are just too slow (slower than regular SD Cards) to put in the latest superphones. The brands that have abandoned them have done so in order to not be accused of having laggy phones. It’s an image thing.
you are mixing apples and nuclear missiles. we are talking about STORAGE aspect, not PERFORMANCE aspect

1) I also have a dslr. yes, it will not let you shoot RAW, especially in continuous mode, for hours. that is why you have an internal quick memory, which serves as a buffer before data will be transferred to a card. Internal memory is expensive, you have little of it. Storage memory is cheap, you have plenty.

Have you seen dslr cameras without card slots? Nope, there just isn't any. Apparently, the whole photo industry think there is no alternative for cards at the moment

2) for example, latest Sony phones allows saving 23MP shots or 4K video or 720p@960fps video directly to sd card. I've used this option for several years now, all good and fast enough not to cause any complaints.
and I bet every other manufacturer has this option. except for Apple, which for years being know for selling overpriced devices with castrated functionality. do you smell something fishy here?

and if you don't believe some stranger on the Internet - here is a slightly more competent stranger on the Internet
http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-re...card-slots-are-disappearing-from-smartphones/

again, I have no idea why this debate sparked in the first place.
using SD card as a substitute for RAM is wrong on many levels, and speed is just only one of them. and we should probably stop here

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
What version of Waze do I need to download and install on the Civic headunit? I did the latest one and it fully installed, however it's telling me it can't connect to the network or something.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely still can't get my HU to show up on my computer. I have a MacBook Pro with the stupid USB-C ports. I have a USB-A to USB-A cable and a USB-A to USB-C converter and can't get it to show up in ADB devices in terminal on Mac or to be recognized by VMWare Fusion (it doesn't even show up as something I can connect to the virtual machine in the USB devices available). Any thoughts?

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In XDA they're talking about some sort of way to do this through the HU's browser? Does anyone know what Honda Hack's website is or where to get this link? I can't find it anywhere on Google, so I'm assuming that it's unlisted.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
has anybody found a way to revert sound back automatic when using any GPS apps like waze and sygic. I have notice that when using sygic when voice assistance kicks in is says audio app on the top bar.
Not really a solution, but I’ve installed TuneIn radio and it reverts back to TuneIn or any other app playing music. It has to do with the fact the HU considers Waze and google navigation (etc) to be like Google Auto. It treats it like an audio app, so any app running alongside it will work. I’m going to install SiriusXM app and others to be able to switch back and forth, but without annoyance when I have many turns.

Kayrin

First Name
Azdin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x
Ok,
I've got hciconfig and hcitool and i'am able to scan the Bluetooth from the head unit and get the OBDII showing, connect to it br rfcomm but the torque software cannot see it as they see the paired devices only.. guys anyone has any info how we can pair it using hci tools??
hi there. im curious on how to get it done. can you guide me on this? thanks
Sponsored