FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL)

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Ok,
I've got hciconfig and hcitool and i'am able to scan the Bluetooth from the head unit and get the OBDII showing, connect to it br rfcomm but the torque software cannot see it as they see the paired devices only.. guys anyone has any info how we can pair it using hci tools??
Sponsored

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
mine doesn't seem to do anything after it starts up. Any tips?
Which version did you install and where did you dl the apk from? I got mine from apkmirror.com. Forgot which dpi I dl so I’ll have to take a look after work when I have a chance. Did you connect your HU to your phone (hotspot)?

fatmaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Which version did you install and where did you dl the apk from? I got mine from apkmirror.com. Forgot which dpi I dl so I’ll have to take a look after work when I have a chance. Did you connect your HU to your phone (hotspot)?
thanks, eventually it started working, I think initially I was on the fringe of my home wifi range and it worked better with the phone hotspot.

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Hey did you do it?
You need rooted phone, then delete any paired phone then pair it with obdii and you need to copy that folder in /data/misc/bluetoothd/macaddress to your PC and you need to copy the same folder from your car HU and then combine them in your PC and push it back to HU and owner after pushing it should be Bluetooth

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
You need rooted phone, then delete any paired phone then pair it with obdii and you need to copy that folder in /data/misc/bluetoothd/macaddress to your PC and you need to copy the same folder from your car HU and then combine them in your PC and push it back to HU and owner after pushing it should be Bluetooth
Can you share the folder? I don't have rooted phone.

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Can you share the folder? I don't have rooted phone.
It wont work as they have the Mac address if the obdii features classes and the connections keys ... So each obdii should has it own.... I used to have old LG phone with Android 2.2.2 lol and used it

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
It wont work as they have the Mac address if the obdii features classes and the connections keys ... So each obdii should has it own.... I used to have old LG phone with Android 2.2.2 lol and used it
Can't find bluetoothd in the rooted phone. Are you sure that's the directory for rooted phone?

edit: my rooted phone's android version is newer so the file is /data/misc/bluedroid/bt_config.conf. So it doesn't work. Torque in rooted phone works but not caro0. I've read 4.2.2 is the same too.

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Any success on the 2018 model yet? The Browser, Gallery, and Search apps have been removed and the owner's manual has been updated to reflect this deletion, so I'm curious what else might have changed.

cttw80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fc
Finally I've got my obdii paired to the HU

Very complicated method I figured it out after 4 days of trying

20171110_003746.jpg

20171110_003755.jpg

20171110_003819.jpg

20171110_003734.jpg
Bro, how you get the apk for caro0 pro? I cannot find it online. what other apps you recommend for our HU? Thanks

Grahdr1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC EXT 2017
I'm new here first post but I'm not sure what to do to get things on my HU like I would like it I see lots of thoughts and ideas you guys have in doing so many different things just has me more confused though I am new to rooting devices so which would be the best method for me to do if I'm trying to root my car Civic EX T HU I'm sure its the 4.2.2 android I live in the USA I do have the a to a usb laptop if needed any help would be greatly appreciated trying to get Waze first but then would look into some different stuff
just want to start off slow don't want to mess up my HU ill be checking everyday hope some1 gives me a reply thanks

emy_77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hi CMD said 'please connect your computer with the head unit'. What could be wrong? (See attached picture), tq

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL) 20171112_210908
Sponsored