FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL)

lebshiff21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatch
You should be able to use the keystore string in our whitelist files, then you can just download the latest apk and install it.
Sponsored

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
This is what I did. I only used adb platform tools and ubuntu. Perhaps it works on mac too.

Run terminal from platform tool folder.
"adb shell"
"/system/bin/run-as"

Skip these steps if you have your whitelist.
"cp /data/data/whitelist-1.0.xml /data/local/tmp"
"chown shell:shell /data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml"
"exit"
"exit"
"adb pull /data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml /your/directory/here"

"adb push /your/location/whitelist-1.0.xml /data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml"
"adb shell"
"/system/bin/run-as"
"cp /data/local/tmp/whitelist-1.0.xml /data/data/"
"exit"
"exit"
"adb reboot"

Note: If apk appears but install is faded then you didn't push the edited whitelist into the system. If no apk then the whitelist wasn't edited well; you can check by opening whitelist in browser, if there's text then it should work, if not it should say it wasn't parse.
Thanks. I'll give this a try and let you know what happens.

OP
OP

Deep

First Name
Deepam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
also, sorry for such a noob question - still in the learning process, where and how do i get the keystore values?

also, if i decide to update the apk to the latest versions in future, do i need to make any changes to whitelist and keystore values or is it just one time thingie?
From playing around, all the versions of waze/spotify have the same signature at least up until now. To get it you would use this jar file: https://github.com/codeage/root-honda/blob/master/bin/GetAndroidSig.jar

Put the the apk and the jar file in the same folder and execute the the following command in cmd

Code:
java -jar GetAndroidSig.jar  <filename>.apk

atandukar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Country flag

wyocivicguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX w/Sensing
understood and thank you... would you happen to know the latest version of spotify that can be used? i installed the one from July 3 and i get blank screen
From everything I've encountered, it seems like the last confirmed working version of the spotify apk is version 5.5

baalmann

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Got this running finally. Nefarious didn't work, had to manually install but it works, with quirks.

This is a homescreen replacement. I hated the useless original and I wanted my Enterprise. The theme and the launcher are not my work, I just edited it to work for my needs.
Total Launcher
Trek Total Interface

Also have tasker installed, to automate some stuff. Going to try Superuser manually tomorrow.

All the buttons do something, usually shortcuts to other apps, or other homescreens.

One big issue with this that I really need to point out, you lose a LOT of functions if you run total launcher first instead of Honda's DaLauncher. You HAVE to run it first or you lose basically your whole entertainment center. In my setup I have set DaLauncher to always run (set this the first time you hit home after installing a new launcher) and have tasker wait 20 seconds then launcher total launcher. Everything works great in that setup. Swipe down from the top to get to your normal Maps, Audio, Source buttons. This should be true about any launcher replacement (like Nova) just make sure it's 4.4.4 compatible.

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL) IMG_20170711_213014

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL) IMG_20170711_213109

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL) IMG_20170711_213119

Honda Civic 10th gen FINALLY! CUSTOM APK INSTALLS (NA MODEL) IMG_20170711_213135

OP
OP

Deep

First Name
Deepam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
Got this running finally. Nefarious didn't work, had to manually install but it works, with quirks.

This is a homescreen replacement. I hated the useless original and I wanted my Enterprise. The theme and the launcher are not my work, I just edited it to work for my needs.
Total Launcher
Trek Total Interface

Also have tasker installed, to automate some stuff. Going to try Superuser manually tomorrow.

All the buttons do something, usually shortcuts to other apps, or other homescreens.

One big issue with this that I really need to point out, you lose a LOT of functions if you run total launcher first instead of Honda's DaLauncher. You HAVE to run it first or you lose basically your whole entertainment center. In my setup I have set DaLauncher to always run (set this the first time you hit home after installing a new launcher) and have tasker wait 20 seconds then launcher total launcher. Everything works great in that setup. Swipe down from the top to get to your normal Maps, Audio, Source buttons. This should be true about any launcher replacement (like Nova) just make sure it's 4.4.4 compatible.

IMG_20170711_213014.jpg

IMG_20170711_213109.jpg

IMG_20170711_213119.jpg

IMG_20170711_213135.jpg
Looks great! Just wondering have you noticed any slow down? I was going to attempt the same thing except with car launcher, but I don't want to install that much more, since the headunit seems already sluggish as it is.

baalmann

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Yeah it's gotten a bit more laggy, I'm not installing anything like a media player or waze (got my phone for that) I just wanted something impressive.
And when I say more laggy I mean that hitting the lanewatch camera takes almost a while 2 seconds to show wereas before it was pretty instant. Loading maps/audio takes a few seconds too but nothing I can't live with.

OP
OP

Deep

First Name
Deepam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
Yeah it's gotten a bit more laggy, I'm not installing anything like a media player or waze (got my phone for that) I just wanted something impressive.
And when I say more laggy I mean that hitting the lanewatch camera takes almost a while 2 seconds to show wereas before it was pretty instant. Loading maps/audio takes a few seconds too but nothing I can't live with.
Damn okay!
Thank you, but the lag is enough for me to stay on the stock launcher. I already hate how slow it feels stock. Can't imagine how it would be with apps and a new launcher.

baalmann

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Damn okay!
Thank you, but the lag is enough for me to stay on the stock launcher. I already hate how slow it feels stock. Can't imagine how it would be with apps and a new launcher.
Weirdly enough it's gone away? Maybe it's because I wasn't letting the original launcher load first... but yeah it's pretty much back to normal speed on everything. Since there's basically nothing installed you can't do a whole lot with the launcher, I just like the weather/time and the customizable look.
What I really NEED to figure out it how to get the launcher to launch system apps, like the clock but more importantly be able to use it to swap from different audio sources or even launch other Honda features...

NuttyRage

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatch sport
Anyone making a YouTube tutorial? Lol. And this only works with Linux right? Can I use virtualbox and run the program through a virtual Linux instead of partitioning my hd and making a Linux os? Since I'll probably be borrowing a laptop from a friend I'd rather not do that lol

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Anyone making a YouTube tutorial? Lol. And this only works with Linux right? Can I use virtualbox and run the program through a virtual Linux instead of partitioning my hd and making a Linux os? Since I'll probably be borrowing a laptop from a friend I'd rather not do that lol
This works with any platform you can use adb on; macOS, Windows, Linux, steps my vary for each
Sponsored