Finally after 9 months of ownership, my 1st mod.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I can definitely bet I won't have any regrets but I'm looking for a little give and take. Still on the fence for a summer tire to begin with as I keep going back and forth on Ultra High Performance all seasons for year round use for Motegi Traklites.
That sounds reasonable. However, I'd say because you live in Texas (assuming you aren't up in the panhandle), you can pretty much use the summer tires all year long. Hang on to the stock wheels with all seasons and throw those on if the weather turns to crap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
That sounds reasonable. However, I'd say because you live in Texas (assuming you aren't up in the panhandle), you can pretty much use the summer tires all year long. Hang on to the stock wheels with all seasons and throw those on if the weather turns to crap.
Stationed at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls. 2 hours north west of Dallas and about 45 minutes from the Oklahoma border. Only been here a little over a year but damn the weather here is finicky. Also I just installed all the shifter upgrades and so much yes going on right now. Everything is firm and precise as well as quick and short. The shifter feels perfect. From start to finish it took almost 2 hours since I was going back and forth with my kids during bedtime.

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Country flag
What other vehicles are you comparing this shifter to? As far other Honda vehicles of past this shifter isn't my favorite but it is pretty easy and I think better than a lot of other stock shifters on the market from what I've felt. The 6th gen EM1 Si had a great shifter as well as the S2K.
Not to thread jack, but see my thread on the sticky shifter here:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/tricky-shifter-new-2018-civic-manual.30101/#post-504739

Seems people are having various experiences/opinions. I'm glad all aren't as bad as mine, but makes it harder to solve.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I personally prefer the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06, it doesn't break the bank, works MARVELOUS in the snow, and has excellent dry weather traction. Reputable German tires, works great in the rain too. We've installed it in our Volvo SUV but I have yet to install it on my civic. Have about 5k~ miles left on the tread. Quite surprising as I have only 28k miles on the car.

Doesn't break the bank either at 140 bucks a pop.

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Not to thread jack, but see my thread on the sticky shifter here:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/tricky-shifter-new-2018-civic-manual.30101/#post-504739

Seems people are having various experiences/opinions. I'm glad all aren't as bad as mine, but makes it harder to solve.
All my personal opinions but I drove the 2018 Elantra sport, sloppy, WRX's, can't really feel the engagement, 2019 GLI, long and spongy, Genesis coupe 3.8 R-SPEC, super spongy, 2018 Veloster Turbo, meh. I loved the shifter from the BRZ/GT86, 2019 Mazda 3 hatch and STI but STI is another level.

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I personally prefer the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06, it doesn't break the bank, works MARVELOUS in the snow, and has excellent dry weather traction. Reputable German tires, works great in the rain too. We've installed it in our Volvo SUV but I have yet to install it on my civic. Have about 5k~ miles left on the tread. Quite surprising as I have only 28k miles on the car.

I've been eyeing that tire for some time and actually came across this weird brand with super high reviews for a summer tire called Achilles ATR sport 2. For the HP plans I have on my vehicle with whiteline rear sway bars and springs I think these would be a great bet for $50-$75 a tire.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

I bought DWS06s for my Si and I love em. I never spin on a 2nd gear pull anymore unless there is significant water on the road.

I love Continental rubber. The only downside is that you cannot corner too hard with them or they will roll onto the sidewall. The confidence I have with these tires over the stock in heavy rain or light snow is miles ahead of the stock goodyears.

I think the stock A/S goodyears are meant to be more fun in dry cornering. They predictable when the tires begin to break loose in a tight turn and the sidewalls rigid. But in the rain they are downright scary.

I have Continental TerrainContact on my work truck, DWS06 on the Si and VikingContact 7s on a winter set of wheels in case it gets dicey in the winter. Got my mom to buy some Contis for her Odyssey as well. She says they’re great.

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I bought DWS06s for my Si and I love em. I never spin on a 2nd gear pull anymore unless there is significant water on the road.

I love Continental rubber. The only downside is that you cannot corner too hard with them or they will roll onto the sidewall. The confidence I have with these tires over the stock in heavy rain or light snow is miles ahead of the stock goodyears.

I think the stock A/S goodyears are meant to be more fun in dry cornering. They predictable when the tires begin to break loose in a tight turn and the sidewalls rigid. But in the rain they are downright scary.

I have Continental TerrainContact on my work truck, DWS06 on the Si and VikingContact 7s on a winter set of wheels in case it gets dicey in the winter. Got my mom to buy some Contis for her Odyssey as well. She says they’re great.
I can't swim against the current on this one. When the time comes I believe the DSW06's will be the choice of rubber for the Si. Funny enough the tires on my 18' Odyssey are on their last life so that might be my first purchase of these tires.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can't swim against the current on this one. When the time comes I believe the DSW06's will be the choice of rubber for the Si. Funny enough the tires on my 18' Odyssey are on their last life so that might be my first purchase of these tires.
She got the TrueContact Touring. Says they are great and she doesn’t spin the tires from a stop anymore. But that’s probably because her old tires had no tread left.

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
She got the TrueContact Touring. Says they are great and she doesn’t spin the tires from a stop anymore. But that’s probably because her old tires had no tread left.
Rog, I appreciate the input. The DSW's for the van are almost $200 a tire so I'll consider the TrueContact's as I don't wanna break the bank and rubber's. I keep thinking of these Aircraft Radials from Goodyear for about $1,500 without the aircraft wheels and thank God car tires aren't that astronomical. Wheel and tire assembly for the F-35's are over $10K each and about $6K for the F-16. Ridiculous.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gonna install the DW's on our 18 odyssey elite too. Boy I love that car. Stock are OK, very comfortable for touring but skids with a little too much power on the throttle. They're great in the snow. Only con is they're kinda expensive. Still have about 10k on the stocks though. (37k miles)

Say, have you gotten a check engine light recently on your van? We had our injectors replaced recently because of a "part defect". Just happy the 1500$ job was covered under warranty.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gonna install the DW's on our 18 odyssey elite too. Boy I love that car. Stock are OK, very comfortable for touring but skids with a little too much power on the throttle. They're great in the snow. Only con is they're kinda expensive. Still have about 10k on the stocks though. (37k miles)

Say, have you gotten a check engine light recently on your van? We had our injectors replaced recently because of a "part defect". Just happy the 1500$ job was covered under warranty.
My Mom’s Odyssey is a 2009 with stock 16” wheels. Anything more than a normal all season tire for that would have been overkill. TrueContact Tours have a high treadwear rating.

I think if you’ve got 19” wheels on your elite, maybe you could justify a higher performance tire, but an Ultra high performance all season like the DWS06 for a minivan seems a bit overkill. They probably won’t make it to 40k miles before being cooked. That’s a lot of weight on a soft compound.

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag

Whoa a part defect? Did you get a notice in the mail cuz I sure as hell didn't for my 18' EX-L.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whoa a part defect? Did you get a notice in the mail cuz I sure as hell didn't for my 18' EX-L.
For the odyssey? No there wasn't a notice but this seems to be a pretty common issue, but I suspect there to be a recall on it soon. Happening on alot of V6 pilots and odysseys. All 6 injectors were replaced along with some piping.

OP
OP
DHM85

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
For the odyssey? No there wasn't a notice but this seems to be a pretty common issue, but I suspect there to be a recall on it soon. Happening on alot of V6 pilots and odysseys. All 6 injectors were replaced along with some piping.
May I ask when you started noticing something was amiss? My wife has said that the van was starting to act up and when she described it to me it almost sounded like a clutch slipping but I'm very doubtful it's the clutch
Sponsored