1.5T Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
The reader should be aware of this deception. See the circled information.
deception.png

So not only are the figures in PS (1.13% higher than HP), they are also DELIBERATELY inflated 15% MORE. These are far from "true" power figures. The "TCF" or "Total Correction Factor" is a figure that Dynapack owners can enter at any time (and any value) that serves no other purpose than to "fluff" or artificially "inflate" the figures just so they "look better". This is not 311hp, and anyone expecting it to be is going to be sorely disappointed when they put their car on a dyno that has a dyno operator that doesn't intentionally inflate the power figures.

At most this is something like 265hp. Which we're already making on a 100% stock and unmodified turbo.
#CoCoCoComboBreaker

Come on Vit let them enjoy good fame a little longer. Don't be such a party pooper so quickly. Hahaha.

And this is why you shouldn't take dyno sheets so seriously kids.
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh jeez, now this is a featured thread. This is even worse than the Type R with the CVT; the disproving information is on the first page. @Administrator please do some more thorough reading ;)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why is this pinned to the front page when its obviously garbage numbers?

OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5t, EVO9, RS4, GTR R35
Country flag
The settings used on the Dyno is made by the Dyno shop. We do not own the Dyno. We would gladly retest our car using similar
settings used in USA based Dynos for comparissons sake.

We only wish to point out that the MT FC1 can get more horsepower safely once the stock connecting rods has been
upgraded. Upgrading the turbo also gave us better spooling and sustained boost over the entire rev range

We have been testing, tuning and racing our MT FC1 since May 2016. The 6-speed MT was released in China first before it was
released to other countries.

Few things I want to clarify:

1. Connecting rod - R&R connecting rod made in USA. I am not reseller of them or plan to resell this connecting rod. Why I choose them? I just want to try something new and I trust that the company is making good connecting rods. For aluminium rod, I don't have any experience
http://rrconnectingrods.com/2016/12/07/r-r-racing-products-aluminium-connecting-rods/

Forged rod - all my previous cars were using forged rods. This is my first test using aluminium rod.

2. Owen Turbo - Made in UK.
Used in race cars. BTCC, CTCC etc.
Why did I use Owen turbo instead of some hybrid turbo that looks bigger? Everyone always thinks bigger compressor wheel and turbine wheel will make higher hp. It is true but they didn't think about the size limitation of the housing. Our turbo is limited by its housing even if you put a bigger wheel. The Owen company
calculates the size of wheel which has the most suitable fit this housing. If the wheel is too big, the turbo will get hotter than it's factory limit.

For Connecting rod if you plan to boost more than 1.7 (25-26 psi) I recommend you change it. We already bent our connecting rods twice.

Here is what it look like:

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. yoHsK6

This is taken from another forum. Connecting rod was bent and broken and it hit the cylinder wall and made a hole in the engine. Engine oil burn up when it got in contact with the exhaust.

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. A9gS59

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. e0AW6h

For pistons, stock still look ok with this kind of HP, we will check more when get higher HP.

@VitViper I heard you are selling etunes. I still have my stock turbo at my shop. I will pay for an etune to see 265 whp on a stock turbo for comparisons sake. I will look for a Hondata dealer in my area if needed. Can you PM me details how to pay etc.

P.S. English is not my first or second Language. I hope nothing gets lost in translation.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
To be clear though these numbers on the dyno are not accurate at all, regardless of "it's the dyno shop not us" or not.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
For Connecting rod if you plan to boost more than 1.7 (25-26 psi) I recommend you change it. We already bent our connecting rods twice.

Interesting, since i bent 3 rod on my l15ba and always thinking it's an over rev did 2 mounth earlier, now i see you saying you bent rod with 27psi. Hmmm interesting
Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. IMG_1842.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Finally 311.7 HP! Owen turbo + Custom connecting rod. IMG_1841.JPG

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We dont know that it was the 26psi that did that. He could have misshifted and over revved the engine like @teebee288 did.
Yes i always thinking it was the miss shift did that but when i read what carfun said about the bent rod, this make me perplexed.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, since i bent 3 rod on my l15ba and always thinking it's an over rev did 2 mounth earlier, now i see you saying you bent rod with 27psi. Hmmm interesting
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG
So its likely rods will be bent with a 26 PSI tune eventually?

@VitViper
Also, that engine bay is a hot mess and I see a Cold Air Intake. We cant assume it was boost that bent the rods, it could have sucked water in too with that CAI.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes i always thinking it was the miss shift did that but when i read what carfun said about the bent rod, this make me perplexed.
I would bet it was still your mis shift. An over rev will do exactly what happened to your engine. and from the cases Ive seen, the over rev doesnt blow the engine right away, its usually a few months down the road.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, that engine bay is a hot mess and I see a Cold Air Intake. We cant assume it was boost that bent the rods, it could have sucked water in too with that CAI.
Anyway i run the +9 from hondata and i trust this product, and i know hondata test a lot before releasing a tune.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would bet it was still your mis shift. An over rev will do exactly what happened to your engine. and from the cases Ive seen, the over rev doesnt blow the engine right away, its usually a few months down the road.
Yes i think too.

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Cylinder pressure, from detonation or preignition, or hydrolocking typically bends a rod, not just purely boost pressure. You can have enough cylinder pressure at 2psi to bend a rod.
Sponsored