Fender rubbing with bigger tires - need stiffer springs, roll fenders, or what?

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you neglect to roll your fenders they will eventually roll themselves with enough potholes and dips. That's how I did mine.

Jokes aside, you want there to be no rubbing at a full turning angle and obviously no rubbing with normal daily driving on a relatively flat surface or else it will kill the tread and tire health.

Based on the photo you provided it looks like they poke out just barely enough to be a problem on potholes and speed bumps. Taking out the fender liner could buy you a minute amount of space but sometimes that's all that's needed.

Personally I just scrap and rub like crazy so much so that my driver side fender liner literally ejected itself from my front bumper one day and had some plastic melted onto the tire from where it was dragging.

Best course of action is to have your fenders rolled. Not sure if you have spacers (I'm assuming you don't since it wasn't mentioned) but if you do I'd take them off or downsize to a much smaller one. You could always size to a smaller tire but you may run the risk of having the stretched tire look.

Most the time the fender will be okay as long as you don't have a blowout or an insane bottom out. I'm on Godspeeds and they drop some of the lowest. I have an 18x8.5 rim with 245s up front and 225s in the rear. Probably moving up to 255 in the front and may go 215s in the rear. I haven't decided what setup I like the best.
Sponsored