Fender replacement question (White pearl)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
What's up everyone! I was the recent lottery winner of a little bump and scratch. Shorty story: went through the dudes insurance and they cut me a check. My question is, has anyone and body parts replaced, if so, how was the end result?

I have two options: 1) go through a quality shop that will provide warranty on their work and potentially get a fresh bumper and fender including new paint (according to auto body people on reddit) or 2) get a fender from a junk civic for cheap and use the remainder for some parts for my Si 😛.

Any advice or experience with this process is welcomed!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Heres a before and after of the damage repair I did. Just cleaned up the paint transfer. Doesn't look too bad!
Honda Civic 10th gen Fender replacement question (White pearl) 20230205_130949
Honda Civic 10th gen Fender replacement question (White pearl) 20230205_172807

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's up everyone! I was the recent lottery winner of a little bump and scratch. Shorty story: went through the dudes insurance and they cut me a check. My question is, has anyone and body parts replaced, if so, how was the end result?

I have two options: 1) go through a quality shop that will provide warranty on their work and potentially get a fresh bumper and fender including new paint (according to auto body people on reddit) or 2) get a fender from a junk civic for cheap and use the remainder for some parts for my Si 😛.

Any advice or experience with this process is welcomed!
Go thru the quality bodyshop. Especially because it has pearl in the paint.
And by quality, I mean top tier shop or close to it.

I had to do my front bumper and quarter panel back when I was a lottery winner 😁
-White Orchid Pearl-

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Go thru the quality bodyshop. Especially because it has pearl in the paint.
And by quality, I mean top tier shop or close to it.

I had to do my front bumper and quarter panel back when I was a lottery winner 😁
-White Orchid Pearl-
Appreciate the advice! I'm fighting a very strong urge to be irresponsible and use the money for parts lol. Did you notice that the paint didn't blend well when you had the work done?

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate the advice! I'm fighting a very strong urge to be irresponsible and use the money for parts lol. Did you notice that the paint didn't blend well when you had the work done?
Oh the paint blended like factory, hence going to a quality body shop.

I just have a really good knowledge history with veterans of the game with cars and paint & damage. Plus my own experience with cars.

If you want to keep some of the $ for parts. Search in your area for "dentless removal" shops.

~ remember that even if dentless takes on your project.. There is a "possibility" it won't be perfect.

So just keep that in mind

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Oh the paint blended like factory, hence going to a quality body shop.

I just have a really good knowledge history with veterans of the game with cars and paint & damage. Plus my own experience with cars.

If you want to keep some of the $ for parts. Search in your area for "dentless removal" shops.

~ remember that even if dentless takes on your project.. There is a "possibility" it won't be perfect.

So just keep that in mind
Guess I gotta decide if I want a new looking car or some extra performance and a noticeable ding. The other dents and scratches on my car really made this damage feel more like an inconvenience more than something I desparately need to get done.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess I gotta decide if I want a new looking car or some extra performance and a noticeable ding. The other dents and scratches on my car really made this damage feel more like an inconvenience more than something I desparately need to get done.
How old is the car?
Did you purchase brand new from dealer?

In my visual opinion... A fast car that doesn't look pretty on the outside is "meh"

Can still catch the ladies with a pretty car.
::jokes::
But you get the drift

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
If there's a junk yard nearby with a white civic I'd go take a look at it, and so what it takes to replace it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
How old is the car?
Did you purchase brand new from dealer?

In my visual opinion... A fast car that doesn't look pretty on the outside is "meh"

Can still catch the ladies with a pretty car.
::jokes::
But you get the drift
Got the car used at ~25k miles. The car definitely is in much better shape aesthetically than when I picked it up. Besides the rock chips in the bumper and another chip in the windshield.. the paint on my car is 🤌🏼

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If there's a junk yard nearby with a white civic I'd go take a look at it, and so what it takes to replace it.
PDR person quoted me at $682 for repairs, junkyard fender is about $500 with shipping 🤔 Leaning more on the repair since I don't want a frankenstein car lol