Fender Bender - Front bumper to intercooler needing to be replaced?

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Civic EX-L 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was recently in an accident and hit a truck with a steel hitch at a bit less than 20mph (after slamming on my brakes down from ~60). The truck had no damage, nor injuries. My car on the other hand has a hole straight back to the intercooler and left a nice dent in the intercooler. I was wondering what the best route for this would be to get it fixed out-of-pocket (I can replace the bumper/bar/trim/intercooler manually), but don't know best way to get a paint match, nor best places to get best prices. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Picture album:
http://imgur.com/a/aQPfi
Sponsored

OP
OP

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It did work, yes. Doesn't show anything that would help me out more than hurt me though :/

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Just curious, do you have the Honda Sensing package?

Edit:

You answered my question indirectly: http://www.civicx.com/threads/install-honda-sensing-on-an-ex-t-l.6955/
You could probably tell from the picture that included their fog light enclosure. You can tell that it is not Honda Sensing from the picture. ;)

Anyways...sorry to hear about the accident. I was rear-ended by a girl in a Jeep Renegade at 25+ mph and my heart slowly shattered.....Haven't even had my first oil change.....

OP
OP

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could probably tell from the picture that included their fog light enclosure. You can tell that it is not Honda Sensing from the picture. ;)

Anyways...sorry to hear about the accident. I was rear-ended by a girl in a Jeep Renegade at 25+ mph and my heart slowly shattered.....Haven't even had my first oil change.....
Ooo, yea if I did any damage I would be very upset. Does anyone have any ideas where or how to get these parts? Thanks

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
Ooo, yea if I did any damage I would be very upset. Does anyone have any ideas where or how to get these parts? Thanks
I'm gonna assume parts/labor and paint bill will be over 2k, I'd suggest going thru your insurance company. do some research and find a reputable shop w/ good reviews, ask around best to go with a place that will give you a warranty. good luck

OP
OP

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm gonna assume parts/labor and paint bill will be over 2k, I'd suggest going thru your insurance company. do some research and find a reputable shop w/ good reviews, ask around best to go with a place that will give you a warranty. good luck
Any idea where to get these if I were to want to do this myself?

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
Any idea where to get these if I were to want to do this myself?
Well i would say directly from honda as they will fit like new parts, you could also go with aftermarket OEM style parts but in most cases the fitment will not be perfect.

OP
OP

fanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Completed this all myself at $424 :)

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
new grille, new intercooler and paint touch up? well done!
Sponsored