Fellow Si Owners. Did the shop mess up installing my replacement bumper? Video inside.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey all,

Long story short, I had an accident and had to replace the rear bumper and exhaust for my 2018 Si. It looked fantastic as far as the paint and the fitment, (minus the driver side alignment) but the bumper always had an alignment issue since I bought it brand new.

So everything looked great, however as I went to wipe off some lint from the middle of the bumper, I felt a lot of give and heard the noise in the video. I linked it below. Just wondering if this is normal for this amount of give of the bumper near the exhaust. Wondering if any of you kind ladies and gentlemen could check to see if yours does this too, lol. It could very well have done this before and I just never noticed.

Anyways, here's the video. Appreciate any advice as well. Thanks so much!

Sponsored

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si
Country flag
My 2020 civic si does this, just went and checked but I have to put more pressure on it and the noise isn't as bad.

Could always get some foam or styrofoam and double side tape it or glue it , which I may end up doing now that I noticed it ......:rolleyes:

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My 2020 civic si does this, just went and checked but I have to put more pressure on it and the noise isn't as bad.

Could always get some foam or styrofoam and double side tape it or glue it , which I may end up doing now that I noticed it ......:rolleyes:
Thanks for checking. I'm debating if I should even go back and have them look at it or just let it be. Sorry to make you notice it on your car!

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey all,

Long story short, I had an accident and had to replace the rear bumper and exhaust for my 2018 Si. It looked fantastic as far as the paint and the fitment, (minus the driver side alignment) but the bumper always had an alignment issue since I bought it brand new.

So everything looked great, however as I went to wipe off some lint from the middle of the bumper, I felt a lot of give and heard the noise in the video. I linked it below. Just wondering if this is normal for this amount of give of the bumper near the exhaust. Wondering if any of you kind ladies and gentlemen could check to see if yours does this too, lol. It could very well have done this before and I just never noticed.

Anyways, here's the video. Appreciate any advice as well. Thanks so much!

2018 si sedan for me , Even with pressure i couldn't replicate the video. It hardly budges for me. I'd say get it checked

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
2018 si sedan for me , Even with pressure i couldn't replicate the video. It hardly budges for me. I'd say get it checked
Thanks for checking! I appreciate it. I think I am going to take it back. I'm assuming they're going to say "that's how it's supposed to be" or "that's normal for these cars" unfortunately

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
'19 Si Sedan here. Exactly what @Hazardous-Drunk said for me. If you look closely at your paperwork from the body shop, it probably says that they got the car as close to factory as possible so man, I don't know what I would do. A part of me says leave it because they could make it worse, while the other side of me says get it checked because it could get worse.

BUT, the work should come with a lifetime warranty so maybe just monitor it?

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Thanks for checking! I appreciate it. I think I am going to take it back. I'm assuming they're going to say "that's how it's supposed to be" or "that's normal for these cars" unfortunately
Good idea to take it back. If they say its normal, mention that other similar cars don't do this.

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
'19 Si Sedan here. Exactly what @Hazardous-Drunk said for me. If you look closely at your paperwork from the body shop, it probably says that they got the car as close to factory as possible so man, I don't know what I would do. A part of me says leave it because they could make it worse, while the other side of me says get it checked because it could get worse.

BUT, the work should come with a lifetime warranty so maybe just monitor it?
That's a good point. Thanks for checking! I appreciate it. I'm always hesitant to bring my car to shops since I always find something they accidentally scratched or scuffed, heh.

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Mine has a little flex, but I don’t get any kind of sound like that. I’d take it back and show them this video.
Wow, thanks for taking the time to do that. I will show them the video! It just makes me nervous with that sound, so I'm definitely taking it back.

I appreciate your help. Thanks again!

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Funny! how many of you went out and checked this?
2020 Si my feels solid I have to press with a lot pressure to touch beam
behind the plastic cover. I checked the parts diagram, appears you may be
missing the 3 foam pieces between the two. unfortunately i couldn't find a part
number.
Figure 3 #5

I would definitely take it back.

https://www.hondapartsguys.com/oem-...mbz1jaXZpYyZ5PTIwMjAmdD1zaSZlPTEtNWwtbDQtZ2Fz

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Funny! how many of you went out and checked this?
2020 Si my feels solid I have to press with a lot pressure to touch beam
behind the plastic cover. I checked the parts diagram, appears you may be
missing the 3 foam pieces between the two. unfortunately i couldn't find a part
number.
Figure 3 #5

I would definitely take it back.

https://www.hondapartsguys.com/oem-...mbz1jaXZpYyZ5PTIwMjAmdD1zaSZlPTEtNWwtbDQtZ2Fz
Hey there. Thanks for the reply! I saw those 3 pieces as well. Upon further research, apparently, they are just pieces for the license plate as shown by the following link:

74827-S0X-000 - Genuine Honda Protector, License Plate (hondapartsnow.com)

I ended up taking it back, but of course, they said it was normal as I suspected they might.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
No these are definitely not for the license plate they are located between the plastic and bumper beam, like a filler. Some older cars use a foam insert.
Sponsored