Fellow Si Owners. Did the shop mess up installing my replacement bumper? Video inside.

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No these are definitely not for the license plate they are located between the plastic and bumper beam, like a filler. Some older cars use a foam insert.
Do you know where they attach to by chance? Do they attach to the inside of the bumper, or to the rear bumper reinforcement bar? I ask because they replaced the reinforcement bar at the shop. I'm having trouble finding instructions for this.

And of course, youtube has videos for bumper removals for almost every 10th gen civic BUT the Si, lol. And all the different trims for the 10th gen civics have different parts for their rear bumpers. Ugh.
Sponsored

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I believe the problem is there’s no part number to be found. So they didn’t replace it. Leaving a big gap. Almost any type of foam will eliminate this problem. Doesn’t need to be OEM. I tend to be more anal with cars produced within a decade because parts are readily available. More forgiving on vehicles including motorcycles more than 10 years old.

OP
OP
optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I believe the problem is there’s no part number to be found. So they didn’t replace it. Leaving a big gap. Almost any type of foam will eliminate this problem. Doesn’t need to be OEM. I tend to be more anal with cars produced within a decade because parts are readily available. More forgiving on vehicles including motorcycles more than 10 years old.
Ah, that makes sense. That could be causing the issues. I wonder if I could access that part of the bumper from the bottom so I can put some foam on the inside of the bumper without having to take the bumper off. Because at this point, I am tired of trying to convince these people something is missing, lol.
Sponsored