cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
This is not an official For Sale post (that will be towards the end of the year) but rather a feeling/discussion point for the selling a current model year, low mileage car, with light mods. I know that if I were to trade it in, I would put it back to 100% stock down to the OEM intake resonator and have an idea of what I would get for it - $18-19K since I was involved in an accident with it literally 3 weeks after I bought it. I have pics of the damage that happened - cracked the front and rear bumper, and front grille, etc but that's it as it was a stop and go traffic accident. No paint work/damage on any other part of the car. Here are the positives about it:

* Low miles - will be around 10-11K miles towards the end of the year
* Fully detailed - paint correction polish, STEK Paint Protection Film on the new front bumper/grille/mirrors, and professional cermaic coat on all of the paint and wheels
* Xpel XR Prime Plus Ceramic tint all around - 35% on the sides and rears and 70% on the windshield
*Chrome delete of window trim - professionally done by the same shop that tinted the windows
*Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ultra high performance tires - I put these on around 1900 miles so they will have approx 8-9K miles on them when I sell, these tires being properly rotated/inflated will usually last 30-35K miles.
*Mild Bolt-Ons done in the last 1500 miles - 27WON CAI, PRL Intercooler with charge pipe upgrade, and Phearable tune with Ktuner V2 included

I realize that a car with even an minor accident has a strike against it, but I would prefer to sell it to someone that can appreciate/would understand the subtle upgrades and detailing that I've done to it. With a trade-in in Georgia, I would get a sales tax credit of the trade-in value of 7%, so if the dealer gives me $18,500 for the trade value it's like an equivalent 19,795 being back to stock. I'm thinking $21K with the car mods included? Is that realistic for a private party buyer around here? I see a lot of '17-18 guys trading their cars for around $16-$18K so this would be a bit more for a newer low mileage car with tasteful not excessive upgrades.

Discuss.....
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
In my opinion, the longer you wait (up until the 11th gen Si is announced) the better price you could probably hope for. With the economy as poor as it is right now, hopefully it can only go up from here, if we ever get the virus under control... And with Honda skipping the Si for 2021 (even the base 2021 Civic is yet to be revealed), as dealers start running out of 10th gen Si Civics their prices are unlikely to drop very much, and used ones may increase in demand.
Your mods being few and easily returned to stock is likely the biggest boon for your Si

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
In my opinion, the longer you wait (up until the 11th gen Si is announced) the better price you could probably hope for. With the economy as poor as it is right now, hopefully it can only go up from here, if we ever get the virus under control... And with Honda skipping the Si for 2021 (even the base 2021 Civic is yet to be revealed), as dealers start running out of 10th gen Si Civics their prices are unlikely to drop very much, and used ones may increase in demand.
Your mods being few and easily returned to stock is likely the biggest boon for your Si
I agree with what you've said. With there not being a new Si for '21, someone that wants one will have to consider a pre-owned model or wait until 2022. Also true that any/all of my modifications are easily reversed if desired.
Sponsored