Feel like I'm getting the runaround from the dealer......

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So , I've had a few small issues with the head unit and Ive been into the dealer twice now. First time , they had no clue about what was happening and said something about talking to their local rep. Of course they never know when he is coming. So almost three months later, I go in again, They are short handed and can't really take time to look at the car without keeping it,and they tell me at the moment they don't even have a factory rep anymore , don't know who or when they are gonna get one. So the service manager comes out with me and checked out all the issues and agreed stuff is screwed up asks me to call back in a week, so they still aren't totally sure when this factory rep is gonna show up.
I'm thinking why do they need a factory rep there to diagnose these issues or make a decision to replace the head unit. Four of the five issues aren't intermittent and happen all the time as the manager witnessed,he's sent five of my videos to Honda, yet still has no answer for me on what they are gonna do. And since they didn't officially do anything, I've got two trips there with no paper work saying so.
So, I'm kinda debating what to do next here. I almost feel like they are blowing me off cause I got into a big battle with them before and won costing them a lot of money.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Dude you will always get the run around. You already have had Honda involved in a buy back. They are always going to know this and any issues they would have "looked" at previously, they are going to make the factory rep look at just to keep you from suing the place........

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So , I've had a few small issues with the head unit and Ive been into the dealer twice now. First time , they had no clue about what was happening and said something about talking to their local rep. Of course they never know when he is coming. So almost three months later, I go in again,.
So, what exactly is the issue you are having with the Head Unit ?
and, apart from the head unit, is everything else satisfactory with the rest of the car ?

If the issue appears to be something that should be under warranty (or even if not) if your current Dealer is unable to "Help" you, why not just go to a bigger, better equipped and better staffed Dealer. ?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
To clarify so I dont sound like such a jerk. They absolutely will fix anything that is clear and concise of an issue. BUT the small odd hardly ever happens kind of complaints, especially when your talking about a buy back customer the dealer will absolutely do anything they can to prevent "multiple failed attempted fixes" of barely discernible issues.

From my experience if something on these cars is bad, then it is obviously bad and easy to diagnose.

Even more so being Honda.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I should have stated some of those issues, got lost in that long post, but anyway, I can understand dealing with some issues that aren't such big things, but when I'm driving down the road and I need to get from one screen to the other, some will agree that the touch screen is already a bit awkward to fool with while driving, but mine keeps changing itself right back to whatever screen on May be on and I have to keep hitting it to get it where I need it to be until it goes there and stays. And I've got radio station info and volume status popping up in my speedometer area all the time without me touching anything, it didn't do it before and shouldn't be doing it.
And let me clarify, this isn't some stuff that rarely happens and the dealer couldn't replicate, it happened about ten times while the service manager was looking at it. The other stuff I don't care so much about but this stuff that happens while I'm driving I don't want to be fooling with.
Other than that, no other issues with it, its so much better than the first one, not only in the fact that I don't have any really serious issues, but it rides and feels better even and gets better gas mileage.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To clarify so I dont sound like such a jerk. They absolutely will fix anything that is clear and concise of an issue. BUT the small odd hardly ever happens kind of complaints, especially when your talking about a buy back customer the dealer will absolutely do anything they can to prevent "multiple failed attempted fixes" of barely discernible issues.

From my experience if something on these cars is bad, then it is obviously bad and easy to diagnose.

Even more so being Honda.
I hear you with some of this and since your not trying to be a jerk, ill say this, in my case with the other car, the issues were plain and concise enough that literally had 28 videos of and that an outside source decided in my favor and made Honda buy it back. They wouldn't have done that over some little small issue that I couldn't prove was happening, yet Honda fought till the last minute and wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an issue. Not to mention the lying and shady stuff they pulled and got caught, so all I'm saying is that these dealers and Honda overall aren't always out to do what they should be.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, what exactly is the issue you are having with the Head Unit ?
and, apart from the head unit, is everything else satisfactory with the rest of the car ?

If the issue appears to be something that should be under warranty (or even if not) if your current Dealer is unable to "Help" you, why not just go to a bigger, better equipped and better staffed Dealer. ?
My state only has two dealers, and one is a pathetic excuse of I don't know what who can't even do oil changes correctly. It took them three tries to get the oil level correct and get the undersheild on right and still didn't put all the screws back in. And anytime a service tech tells me that it doesn't matter if they overfill it by three quarts, it will burn off through the pcv valve, well you can see why I refuse to go back to them.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you with some of this and since your not trying to be a jerk, ill say this, in my case with the other car, the issues were plain and concise enough that literally had 28 videos of and that an outside source decided in my favor and made Honda buy it back. They wouldn't have done that over some little small issue that I couldn't prove was happening, yet Honda fought till the last minute and wouldn't even acknowledge that there was an issue. Not to mention the lying and shady stuff they pulled and got caught, so all I'm saying is that these dealers and Honda overall aren't always out to do what they should be.
My state only has two dealers, and one is a pathetic excuse of I don't know what who can't even do oil changes correctly. It took them three tries to get the oil level correct and get the undersheild on right and still didn't put all the screws back in. And anytime a service tech tells me that it doesn't matter if they overfill it by three quarts, it will burn off through the pcv valve, well you can see why I refuse to go back to them.
10-4

Thats crazy about the 3 quart pcv statement. Wowzers.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
10-4

Thats crazy about the 3 quart pcv statement. Wowzers.
Can the Dealer even put an extra 3 quarts into the engine .. is there room ??

Can you imagine what that extra oil would do to your inlet valves !!

Honda Civic 10th gen Feel like I'm getting the runaround from the dealer...... Carbon

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can the Dealer even put an extra 3 quarts into the engine .. is there room ??

Can you imagine what that extra oil would do to your inlet valves !!

Carbon.jpg
No I dont think it would run for very long but to say that about any over filled oil of anykind is flat out ignorant.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No I dont think it would run for very long but to say that about any over filled oil of anykind is flat out ignorant.
Yea, he was obviously trying to be smart to get his point across about overfilling it, but one thing it clearly states in the manual,DO NOT OVERFILL THE OIL, IT CAN DAMAGE THE ENGINE.
But instead off even wasting my time pulling it out and showing him, I chose to never go back there.
Sponsored