FedEx losing wheel shipment? Anyone had this experience?

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
So on eBay, a dealership was selling a set of 4 wheels at a deal I couldn't refuse. I needed a set for autocross anyways. Today FedEx delivered the wheels. The tracking it says all four packages were delivered at 10:30am. But at 10:30am I was sitting in my bedroom with my girlfriend according to my interior security cams. My doorbell never rang, and there was never a knock at the door. When we left to go to Ikea an hour later at 11:30, the packages were not at the front door. We ended up coming home at around 1am after spending some time with friends and I saw only two of the four wheels sitting at the front door.

So now my mind is racing....did two of the wheels get stolen off my front doorstep? Or did the Fedex driver only deliver two? Are the other two coming and he just marked all four as delivered? I'm quite confused.

I would hope that thieves wouldn't be dumb enough to only steal two of four OEM Honda wheels if all four truly were delivered.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
A signature wasn't required ?
Nope. The Honda dealer that sent them did not make them signature required. They also never sent me a tracking number. I only was able to get the tracking number off the two wheels that were delivered.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope. The Honda dealer that sent them did not make them signature required. They also never sent me a tracking number. I only was able to get the tracking number off the two wheels that were delivered.
Contact the shipper and have them file a claim with Fedex. You can contact Fedex on your end as well but the shipper will still need to follow up. Be sure that Fedex hears that you were at the house for a full hour after tracking shows delivery and there were no packages delivered at the time. It's a crazy time of year in the delivery world. Someone may have been taking shortcuts and doing who knows what else.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
When you checked the tracking on the FedEx site , under 'shipment facts ' what does it say on 'total packages ' ?

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you checked the tracking on the FedEx site , under 'shipment facts ' what does it say on 'total packages ' ?
Four total packages.

Contact the shipper and have them file a claim with Fedex. You can contact Fedex on your end as well but the shipper will still need to follow up. Be sure that Fedex hears that you were at the house for a full hour after tracking shows delivery and there were no packages delivered at the time. It's a crazy time of year in the delivery world. Someone may have been taking shortcuts and doing who knows what else.
Yeah I filed a claim last night. Sent an email to the seller as well. Hoping I hear something soon as having two out of four wheels is extremely heartbreaking

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
assuming they came in different boxes, each box should have been scanned so fed x should know. thats the way it was many moons ago. it should have be shipped as a multiple package shipment, that is if the dealership was a smart shipper.

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
assuming they came in different boxes, each box should have been scanned so fed x should know. thats the way it was many moons ago. it should have be shipped as a multiple package shipment, that is if the dealership was a smart shipper.
Yes it shows all 4 boxes as scanned. It was a multiple package shipment. Yet only two showed up at the door to my knowledge.

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had an issue where my packages were sent to the wrong address, but that was the shippers fault for somehow putting the wrong address on the boxes with my new rims.... -_-

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had an issue where my packages were sent to the wrong address, but that was the shippers fault for somehow putting the wrong address on the boxes with my new rims.... -_-
That stinks? Did you ever get them back?

My worry is since I bought via the dealerships Ebay page, I may be SOL if they never show up and Fedex decides to not claim responsibility for the lost wheels. We'll see what the dealership and FedEx say when they respond.

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
That stinks? Did you ever get them back?

My worry is since I bought via the dealerships Ebay page, I may be SOL if they never show up and Fedex decides to not claim responsibility for the lost wheels. We'll see what the dealership and FedEx say when they respond.
eBay has some pretty good security in place so you don't get screwed over. File a claim with eBay, Fed-Ex, and the Seller and I'm sure you will either get the wheels or your money back

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had packages with the correct address but the barcode sent them somewhere else. Was fucking stupid as it seems people can't read an address on a shipping label anymore and only use a scanner to send things through the delivery system.

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
here from 2021! i am going through something similar with my wheels. 2 of 4 packages Delivered, other 2 are in Memphis still ... did you manage to get all 4 wheels back? I'm worried FedEx might have lost 2 of my wheels, being that these are sw388s & very expensive. :(

OP
OP
ElementalHonda

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
here from 2021! i am going through something similar with my wheels. 2 of 4 packages Delivered, other 2 are in Memphis still ... did you manage to get all 4 wheels back? I'm worried FedEx might have lost 2 of my wheels, being that these are sw388s & very expensive. :(
My wheels eventually showed up. They delivered 2, marked them all delivered on the label. Then 4 days later they delivered the other 2.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wheels eventually showed up. They delivered 2, marked them all delivered on the label. Then 4 days later they delivered the other 2.
old thread but i see you are in kcmo?
Sponsored