Features you miss from your Previous or Daily driver?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:D :D :D

Two months ago, still driving my EP, when it was rainy at rush hour on the beltway, I was like, "Sure, you sons of bitches, hit me -- I could use a new car."

A few weeks later, the first time I drove my FK7 during a rain-soaked evening rush, I'm going, "YOU ALL BETTER STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY GODDAMMIT DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!!"
Wait a sec...I call BS. 495 doesn't move when it rains... :rolleyes:

I'm getting flashbacks from driving the Rockville Rollercoaster lmao
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
A real emergency/parking brake.
Counterpoint: I just LOVE the mechanical servo noise the electric parking brake makes when it engages. So futuristic! :cool:

And I always tell any rear passengers: "The rear ejector seats have been primed. You have 10 seconds to vacate the vehicle." :wave:

xoxo&tats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
The forward ends of the front door pockets on my hatch are just right for holding water bottles up to about 20 ounces, but it's not the same as a proper cup holder (which my EP had -- a slide-out holder right next to the vent left of the steering wheel).

Speaking of storage, I miss having the coin holder pocket that I had in my EP and both of my '86 Civic hatchbacks. It doesn't seem like much, but way back in 1978-ish, Road & Track's review of the then-new Accord made special mention of its standard-issue spring-closed coin pocket with its flocked velvet interior (to minimize rattling noises). Little details like that made R&T heap praise on the Accord in their article and reset their standard for what they expected in new, inexpensive cars.
I usually have a thermos or some sort of cup but regardless, my EX door panels won't hold any beverage container. I never knew how important cup holders were until this car. *sigh*

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
It was (is?) a problem with some 2016 moonroof equipped models. Apparently the glass was fragile and when heated was prone to explosive fracturing at speed or something.
But it gives our econo car civics a touch of supercar danger and excitement!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
It was (is?) a problem with some 2016 moonroof equipped models. Apparently the glass was fragile and when heated was prone to explosive fracturing at speed or something.
But it gives our econo car civics a touch of supercar danger and excitement!
Hopefully they've changed the glass specs since then (give more room for expansion or whatever).

I don't feel too nervous about my FK7's moonroof since it came from the same factory that my EP was built in, and the EP was fine.

(I could be lying to myself, too, for all I know!)

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Hopefully they've changed the glass specs since then (give more room for expansion or whatever).

I don't feel too nervous about my FK7's moonroof since it came from the same factory that my EP was built in, and the EP was fine.

(I could be lying to myself, too, for all I know!)
Well ever since I read that thread, for the last week I've been keeping my sunshade open when parked to make sure the moonroof glass doesn't overheat.

:rolleyes:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Well ever since I read that thread, for the last week I've been keeping my sunshade open when parked to make sure the moonroof glass doesn't overheat.

:rolleyes:
And I want to keep the sunshade closed to contain any broken glass...

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
And I want to keep the sunshade closed to contain any broken glass...
It has multiple uses! Now THAT'S Honda Value!

All kidding aside my moonroof scares me. :fear:

mrobison12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic WOP Hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The sun/moonroof is one other thing I missed from my previous DDs, my last three cars have all had them. But, I rarely used them (though the option was nice) and figured I could go without.

I can't say I'm regretting that decision after reading that thread. ;)

LKN

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Country flag
My last DD was a 2007 Accord EX-L... that card had zero features that my new 2017 Civic Touring doesn't have (and it was slower and actually about the same size inside... Civics have definitely gotten bigger internally). My wife has a 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite and from that I miss the memory seats (one setting for each driver). Homelink?..... meh, its really not that cool, doesn't bother me to have a small opener clipped to the visor. Mine has an autodimming mirror (I had a pay for that as a dealer add on on my old accord).

Did something change as far as the wipers go? My touring has an auto setting, but also has traditional faster/slower controls for intermittent. Like you can put them in auto or just use them like old school intermittent wipers
Sponsored