Features You May Not Be Aware Of...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
This information may be in another thread, but I could not readily find it. Please add to this list if you have found an unusual feature you have found. I have a '17 CTR and a '19 Si Coupe so features may vary;

1. Sirius XM Radio pauses when you take a call from your connected phone.
  2. Intermittent wipers will 'force' a wipe by tapping the brake. I thought this was pretty convenient.
  3. The lock button on your door handle will not work unless you have your key fob close by.
  4. With wipers on, when you go in reverse the rear wiper on your hatch activates automatically.
Sponsored

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
Country flag
If you hold the high beam stalk for 30 to 40 seconds then it will disable the automatic high beam feature. I have mine set to where I tap it and it enables or disables auto mode.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
When all of your doors are locked, so is the gas door. Also if you double click and hold the unlock button on your key fob, it will roll down all of the windows and open the sunroof :cool: Think this only works with the smart key though

Edit: Window feature works on all trims.

Last edited:

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you hold the high beam stalk for 30 to 40 seconds then it will disable the automatic high beam feature. I have mine set to where I tap it and it enables or disables auto mode.
Hi Jesse, where is this setting for disabling/enabling auto high beam with just a tap?
Thanks!

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi Jesse, where is this setting for disabling/enabling auto high beam with just a tap?
Thanks!
If you pull the headlight stalk towards you momentarily it will enable or disable the auto high beams. You may have to have a certain technology package for that. I have an EX model.

Note that I only noticed that functionality after I held the stalk towards myself for 30 to 40 seconds. Some lights should flash on the dash when that process is completed.

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you pull the headlight stalk towards you momentarily it will enable or disable the auto high beams. You may have to have a certain technology package for that. I have an EX model.

Note that I only noticed that functionality after I held the stalk towards myself for 30 to 40 seconds. Some lights should flash on the dash when that process is completed.
Thanks! I have the 2019 Hatchback Sport Touring. I guess it should work! I'll give it a try although I do like the auto high beams!

Hatchback of Notre DAMN!

Pop the top and let the sunshine in...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When all of your doors are locked, so is the gas door. Also if you double click and hold the unlock button on your key fob, it will roll down all of the windows and open the sunroof :cool: Think this only works with the smart key though
This is a cool feature. It has been around for a long time as it's works on my parents 2003 Accord. It might even had worked on their 1993 Accord too...

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
This got me curious so I tried it today before I went for a drive and it worked for my regular fob. Just a heads up for anyone else that wants to know.

DamonS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX

Edit: Window feature works on all trims.

and you can roll them all back up again by putting the key in the lock and turning the key and holding it in the far right position :) found that out accidentally

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Thanks! I have the 2019 Hatchback Sport Touring. I guess it should work! I'll give it a try although I do like the auto high beams!
I find that the auto high beams don't function correctly in inclement weather. So you end up flashing oncoming drivers and what not

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find that the auto high beams don't function correctly in inclement weather. So you end up flashing oncoming drivers and what not
Mine did that a few times when I first got the car, but it seems like it hasn't happened in a while.

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wish this thread existed a month or two ago :). The headlight thing drove me crazy because when I thought I was turning my high beams on and off, I was actually turning the auto headlight function on and off.

Something I learned also is that when the high beams are on, the fog lights go off. That one was a head scratcher for a while.

I'm going to have to try the break tap/force wipe trick sometime...that's a cool feature!

I read in the manual that when you wipers are on for a few minutes, the headlights will automatically go on. That's handy if your state has a "wipers on/lights on" law. With all of this automatic stuff, it's easy to forget to put your lights on manually when you need to.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Which models have the automatic high beams? I don't see it mentioned in the the 2018 sedan Owners Guide or Owners Manual so I presume the sedan does not have this feature, unless I missed it.