Feature You Didn't Expect to Love?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Yeah, most of mine have already been posted.

Lanewatch camera, I had no idea the car even had that when I bought it.
Brake hold, again no idea what it was until I tried it the first time and I'm in love.
Walk away auto lock, third thing I didn't even know it had. It's amazing.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I liked Apple Car Play/Android Auto and never really knew they were a thing when I bought the car. Neither the ‘14 Odyssey or the ‘15 Si I traded out of had it. Basically like getting Nav w/o having to pay a premium for it.
Hell yeah this. I had zero idea carplay was a thing till I had my 2018 si. Amazing how back then navigation add-ons were so expensive and nowadays all you need is carplay and you have everything

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Brake hold. I work at a job where I'm on my feet all day. Driving home my legs are flat out fatigued. It's awesome being able to stretch my legs out at stoplights. It really makes a huge difference on my drive home.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It's been around since the '12 Si but the auto Cruise Control Resume on shifting - up or down - is phenomenal.
Do the older Si generations not do this? I like this a lot. I do wish hitting the +/- buttons once resulted in a 1 mph change, instead of it being a set rpm change, or whatever it is.

Old guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I love the ability to open the windows and moonroof to let the heat out as I walk up to the car. Gets very hot inside a car here in Iowa.

#2 walk away lock.

#3 right side camera.

#3 Brake hold. Love sitting at a stoplight, throw it in neutral, and chill till the light turns green.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Adaptive Cruise Control for sure. Great cursing on the highway. LKAS sometimes. Its annoying sometimes but hey it works and Collision Avoidance it has helped me avoid one accident. A car brake checked me and the Brake warning started going off and when I got on the brakes the car had already charged the booster so even a slight tap on the pedal and it was like full on 100% braking immediately probably saved me from rear ending this car. I am sure the seat warmers will be nice in the late fall and winter. My other car (Cadillac Escalade) that my wife daily drives has them and it is a nice feature to have on a really cold day. Also the Limited Slip Differential and the Adaptive Dampening for the suspension. Really the Si for 25 Grand you are not gonna do any better. Maybe the STI or the GTI or the Volester N has more torque and Horsepower but the Hondas' are easy to tune and upgrade and they are a great value for what you get standard.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
for me the Brake hold, walk away lock, the collicion avoidance and the adaptive cruise control this one in last since i dont make long trips.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Adaptive Cruise Control. i hate most driver aids but ACC makes longer road trips easier.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
The remote start is also a fantastic feature I use to warm my car every day, since I'm not driving it at all.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Brake hold for sure!! I like the walk away lock except when I have to get my key just to get something from the car in my garage.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
To add on to what everyone else said:
  1. The rear backup camera has a really wide FOV. I can get a decent view of cross traffic when pulling out of parking spots.
  2. MPG. Getting 34 MPG with a few fun pulls here and there is pretty amazing.
  3. The low end torque. I was skeptical about the turbo, 1.5l fit motor, low redline, and lack of VTEC but Honda did a really good job with the L15

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
No one mentioned adaptive cruise control that matches speed with the car ahead of you with it's own radar.
This time last year I was on the fence between the Si and the (upcoming) Kia Forte GT. Last summer I drove a few rentals with adaptive cruise, and loved it for highway drives. Honda adding it to the Si clinched it for me, and I'm so glad Honda did it. Once in a while it really comes in handy.

Also, I echo all those who said walk away lock. Never even knew it was a thing before getting my Si, I now love it.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do the older Si generations not do this? I like this a lot. I do wish hitting the +/- buttons once resulted in a 1 mph change, instead of it being a set rpm change, or whatever it is.
Automatic Cruise resume on shifting wasn't in our '98 EX, and not mentioned in the '07 User's manual - can't even find it in a quick check of the '12 Manual. Thought the +/- "issue" was only on the CTR and was being fixed via a software update (TSB).
Sponsored