Feature You Didn't Expect to Love?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any aspect about your Si that maybe you didn't care about at first, but eventually realized was really nice? For me, I didn't know the Si came with dual-zone climate control and doubted I'd use it that much, but man, not having to fight over the cabin temperature this past year has been an unexpected relief.
Sponsored

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Walk Away Lock ... it has spoiled me so badly, that when we take my wife's SUV somewhere, I forget to lock it.

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Walk Away Lock ... it has spoiled me so badly, that when we take my wife's SUV somewhere, I forget to lock it.
This for sure. Had it on my Fit before my Si. Wife's Palisade does not have it. I am actually mad it doesn't.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This for sure. Had it on my Fit before my Si. Wife's Palisade does not have it. I am actually mad it doesn't.
I came out of a 2003 Element EX ... no tech in that at all!

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
A few of them.

Android Auto; way better than I ever expected it to be.

Having a 6th gear. Every other manual I've owned was only a 5 speed which made the 4th and 5th gears feel too long.

Having a dedicated sport mode that tunes the suspension. I imagined I'd leave the car in sport mode 24/7, but the car is so smooth in normal mode.

Side view camera. Sometimes when a cop pulls up in my blindspot at a stoplight, I can turn the camera on and see if they're checking my plates, or just mirin lol

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Reactions: mjh

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Walk away lock an the fact I don’t have to take my keys out of my pocket to unlock/ start the vehicle, my wife’s had that on her jeeps for the last 5-6 yrs an I’ve driven it pleanty an was never really Impressed with it just thought it was for lazy people. But holy shit its convenient

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is more idiot-proofing than a "feature", but I like that the trunk lid won't close if your keyfob is in there. Also can't lock your door via the door handle button if your fob is anywhere inside the car.

When I bought my car, I threw the spare set of keys in a backpack and put it in the trunk and wondered why the damn trunk lid wouldn't close. I thought the latch was malfunctioning, but then I thought about the spare key!

I also take my keys out of my pockets when I drive and lock the door with the door handle button when I leave, so It's a reminder to take my keys if the door handle button doesn't lock the car.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lane keep assist. I was never a fan of any "help" while driving and always loved being in control but one day I was coming back from the beach and was exhausted so I decided to try it out, it really helped my trip back home much more bearable and easier with minimal steering input

Except now lane keep assist and none of my sensing works anymore because of my window banner :spaz: :spaz: :spaz: :spaz:

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been aroun the auto Cruise Control Resume on shifting - up or down - is phenomenal.
It's been around since the '12 Si but the auto Cruise Control Resume on shifting - up or down - is phenomenal.
In 3 months of owning I had no idea it did this. I always just assumed to only use the cruise when I was in 6th on long stretches of highway. ??‍♂

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I liked Apple Car Play/Android Auto and never really knew they were a thing when I bought the car. Neither the ‘14 Odyssey or the ‘15 Si I traded out of had it. Basically like getting Nav w/o having to pay a premium for it.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Walk away Lock/Unlock. Never have to take my keys out of my pocket

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The walk-away lock, touch unlock, and push start on my wife’s CR-V are probably as much why I started looking at civics as the 1.5T was.

I think the collision warning thing has probably saved me from a few slam the brakes stops.
Sponsored