FBO Si vs Wrx FBO

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Fam I finally raced a FBO WRX!! I always wanted to race one and I finally got a chance to. My buddy has one with FBO and a tune, I have FBO on TSP stg 1. I lost of course but not by much I'll say by a bumper or two. Not bad for a 1.5 32 mpg car
Sponsored

AlbertBlackSi

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Fam I finally raced a FBO WRX!! I always wanted to race one and I finally got a chance to. My buddy has one with FBO and a tune, I have FBO on TSP stg 1. I lost of course but not by much I'll say by a bumper or two. Not bad for a 1.5 32 mpg car
Get a custom tune and run it back, should be closer!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I was saying in a post in another thread. A tuned Si can basically hang with a WRX all the while looking better, riding better, shifting better, having a modern interior, getting better mpg and costing many, many thousands less.

Si ftw!

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
That's what I was saying in a post in another thread. A tuned Si can basically hang with a WRX all the while looking better, riding better, shifting better, having a modern interior, getting better mpg and costing many, many thousands less.

Si ftw!
Yea Sub needs to step up on the next gen. Come up with a modern redesign. There great cars. It's just time to make it better

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag

Si ftw!
I dunno about looking better. Looking better if i were a trekkie or liked anime.. perhaps.

@Jes What kind of tune did the wrx have, im assuming stg 2 at least but cobb ots or someone elses.. if you know.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I dunno about looking better. Looking better if i were a trekkie or liked anime.. perhaps.

@Jes What kind of tune did the wrx have, im assuming stg 2 at least but cobb ots or someone elses.. if you know.
How do you expect to sell your homemade flex fuel kits if you insult the customer? :hmm:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
How do you expect to sell your homemade flex fuel kits if you insult the customer? :hmm:
Once ready i post on website and you buy if you like, if not move along.

We also have a safe zone on our site for kitties like you to hang out with alike people.

Plus, what is offensive about loving star trek or anime? It must be something personal and how YOU feel, like dems hearing rats or lazy and connecting it to ppl of color. Lol.

As far as dig or roll, most likely roll. Si would get smoked off a dig.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag

We also have a safe zone on our site for kitties like you to hang out with alike people.

Plus, what is offensive about loving star trek or anime? It must be something personal and how YOU feel, like dems hearing rats or lazy and connecting it to ppl of color. Lol.

Yea man it would hard from the dig with the WRXs AWD. Although it only runs a low 6 sec 0-60. Which is comparable to the Si. The 2019 WRX also runs a 14.3 1/4. So I could def see the Si with a stage 1 tune run with it too. A guy here pulled a 14.5 bone stock. Not bad for an economy ride huh?

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

I meant insinuating that the WRX might look better to some people. ;)

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I meant insinuating that the WRX might look better to some people. ;)
I always respected them as great performance cars. But I never really dug the looks on the Sub. It needs a refresh looks wise imho. The refinement and build quality isn't up there with a Honda imho too. That's why I went with D2s, DC5s and Si's throughout the years.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
The WRX gets uglier but more capable with each generation. It results in an interesting dynamic for the owners. Glad yours doesn't look like the new ones but envious of newer features. Thankfully the ability to retrofit and mix-and-match components from one generation to the next was so easy it almost seemed to be intentional. My 2002 wrx had the TMIC from a 2004 STI, the transmission from a 2006 STI, the brakes from a 2008 WRX, the turbo from the RA Type C, the injectors from a 2004 STI. Nearly all of it, save the turbo, bought used for relatively low cost. Was one hell of an ownership experience.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Throw a flex fuel kit on there and you'll probably beat it.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The WRX gets uglier but more capable with each generation. It results in an interesting dynamic for the owners. Glad yours doesn't look like the new ones but envious of newer features. Thankfully the ability to retrofit and mix-and-match components from one generation to the next was so easy it almost seemed to be intentional. My 2002 wrx had the TMIC from a 2004 STI, the transmission from a 2006 STI, the brakes from a 2008 WRX, the turbo from the RA Type C, the injectors from a 2004 STI. Nearly all of it, save the turbo, bought used for relatively low cost. Was one hell of an ownership experience.

No question those cars are beasts and have huge support for modifications. Whether OEM or aftermarket!
Sponsored